2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

Crutchfield HU?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 03:40 PM
Originally Posted by psmo290
About the iPod cable for the p4100dvd, will it charge my iPhone 3GS? I know it'll probably play it fine.
Yup. It'll charge and iPhone just fine. But you do need the cable to do audio/video. It's weird, the cable it comes with will sync and allow control of the iPod/iPhone, but no audio or video will stream. The cable you buy will have two 3.5 jacks that plug in where it says "iPod" on the back of the unit.

Old 09-19-2009, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by MetalFit630
Yup. It'll charge and iPhone just fine. But you do need the cable to do audio/video. It's weird, the cable it comes with will sync and allow control of the iPod/iPhone, but no audio or video will stream. The cable you buy will have two 3.5 jacks that plug in where it says "iPod" on the back of the unit.
Why does it need 2 3.5mm jacks? Does do I need to plug the 3.5mm into the iphone too?

Also, the UPS ground that Crutchfield uses, is it signature required? I probably won't be home when they come. Is it possible for me to call UPS and request for them to hold the package there for me to pick it up?

Old 09-19-2009, 04:56 PM
Why does it need 2 3.5mm jacks? Does do I need to plug the 3.5mm into the iphone too?

Also, the UPS ground that Crutchfield uses, is it signature required? I probably won't be home when they come. Is it possible for me to call UPS and request for them to hold the package there for me to pick it up?
Pioneer CD-IU230V iPod® interface cable for the Pioneer AVIC-F700BT and AVIC-F900BT at Crutchfield.com

I think this is what he's talking about. I believe you only need it if you want to play video.

As for the shipping, they didn't send my stuff signature required (it should say on the tracking page), but I just ordered a bunch of wiring. If the driver normally leaves ground shipments at your door, you're probably fine. And no, they won't hold it until they've made at least one delivery attempt :/

Old 09-19-2009, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by Stravos
Pioneer CD-IU230V iPod® interface cable for the Pioneer AVIC-F700BT and AVIC-F900BT at Crutchfield.com

I think this is what he's talking about. I believe you only need it if you want to play video.

As for the shipping, they didn't send my stuff signature required (it should say on the tracking page), but I just ordered a bunch of wiring. If the driver normally leaves ground shipments at your door, you're probably fine. And no, they won't hold it until they've made at least one delivery attempt :/

Actually, It's this one: Pioneer CD-IU200V iPod® interface cable for the Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD

I only see one 3.5mm jack.

Old 09-20-2009, 12:52 PM
Actually, It's this one: Pioneer CD-IU200V iPod® interface cable for the Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD

I only see one 3.5mm jack.
Yeah, thats the one you need. I tend to get mixed up with all the different in-dash units that I work with ! It's probably the Kenwoods that have 2 3.5mm jacks. As you can see you won't be having to plug anything besides the bottom iPod cable connector in. And as mentioned above, the tracking page for UPS that Crutchfield sends you will tell you if a signature is required. They may have a requirement for packages over a certain dollar amount, so it wouldn't surprise me if they did want a signature for a product being delivered in that price range.

Old 09-21-2009, 07:30 PM
Alright, just got the package from Crutchfield. The dash kit is by Metra.

I'm looking at the wiring and does anyone know where I need to put the parking and reverse gear wires??

Old 09-28-2009, 09:46 AM
Hey Guys, I've been reading your discussion on HU's. I have a question, I have a Pioneer AVH-P3100 coming from Crutchfield tomorrow. It is supposed to include all the wiring Ipod adapter and DD HU kit. My question is that I see it shows a "TV" option on the front panel, is there a tuner avail to connect to this head unit and how much of a hassle is it to connect the tuner ?

Old 09-28-2009, 12:30 PM
Hey, just saw you have an '09. I just did my HU on saturday.

Some pointers: The directions will have you remove the middle panel, just above the outlet, and just below the fresh/air / recirculate air. You have to pry it from the bottom, quite hard, to get those clips off. I taped the panel and the part below it, and pried with a table knife by twisting. Worked like a charm.

the next step is to find and remove a screw from the bottom of the head unit. It's kinda hard to find, gotta get your head right into the shifter to see it. USE a magnetic screw driver. Dropping this screw was not fun, you can't just reach around the center console and grab it.

Prying off the deck went surprisingly easy though.

Enjoy!

Old 09-28-2009, 01:12 PM
Thanks for the heads up. What kind of HU are you installing? This Pioneer one I'm getting has to have all these separate pieces installed, I guess so you tailor it to your personal preferences. There is a separate box for bluetooth, another for sirius, another for HD. The only only one I purchased so far is the bluetooth so I can integrate my blackberry but don't really see a need for the HD unit. I already have more choices than I can listen to, ie sirius, cd, aux, Ipod.

Old 09-29-2009, 01:37 AM
Originally Posted by polokid69
Thanks for the heads up. What kind of HU are you installing? This Pioneer one I'm getting has to have all these separate pieces installed, I guess so you tailor it to your personal preferences. There is a separate box for bluetooth, another for sirius, another for HD. The only only one I purchased so far is the bluetooth so I can integrate my blackberry but don't really see a need for the HD unit. I already have more choices than I can listen to, ie sirius, cd, aux, Ipod.
Yea, I feel the same way. All I really need is the ipod cable and bluetooth. I just got my bluetooth unit today. Hoping to get some pointers from the gurus on this forum. What's the best ways to get power to this thing? Also, where is the easiest and most logical place to set the mic?

Old 09-29-2009, 11:21 AM
I hoping I don't have to buy the sirius box for it but just connect my external one direct.

Old 09-29-2009, 11:24 AM
what I want to know is about tv tuners for it ? I couldn't find and and the pioneer unit is discoed