2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

WeatherTech's Digital Fit...next level digital.. (ooops) review

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 07:54 PM
5 Year Member
I just got my set of mats in... and I have pretty much the same comments as rangefit .

Here's a few pictures; I too have the slight gap on the driver's side.

These are the black mats, and they match the interior color pretty well I think.

Old 08-21-2009, 08:31 PM
ah, good....so the back mats cover a little better than i expected. i haven't made a move on mats, yet.

clicq...yer pic is more revealing of that gap. what gives, weathertech?? i know yer lurking in here.

OP and/or clicq - can you guys update this thread after those mats have settled in? or fill-us-in on whatcha did to get that jacked-up gap taken care of?

多くのおかげで

Old 08-21-2009, 09:41 PM
Curious, any issues with the MT (clutch pedal) and the fit of the mat? Any modification needed to be done? Thanks...

Old 08-21-2009, 10:05 PM
They look nice. Maybe a little piece of velco could close up the gap on the driver's side. Odd, how it happens on them all though, must be a mistake in the mold shape or something.

Old 08-22-2009, 01:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Watsoff
ah, good....so the back mats cover a little better than i expected. i haven't made a move on mats, yet.

clicq...yer pic is more revealing of that gap. what gives, weathertech?? i know yer lurking in here.

OP and/or clicq - can you guys update this thread after those mats have settled in? or fill-us-in on whatcha did to get that jacked-up gap taken care of?

多くのおかげで
Mine have been in for two weeks now, and they also have the driver side gap. At this point, I'd say it is definitely NOT settling in.

May give the heat gun and some weight to hold it into place after it is heated a try. If I do, I'll post up what happens.

Originally Posted by Roland
Curious, any issues with the MT (clutch pedal) and the fit of the mat? Any modification needed to be done? Thanks...
No mods need with the MT. According to some older threads, when they first came out for the GE8's, there was an issue and they did need trimming, but Weathertech has apparently taken care of the issue.

Thanks for the pics of the rears, I only ordered fronts. Besides the gapping issue on the drivers sides, I'm really happy with them. Probably get the rears eventually, just wish they extended further under the front seats.

Old 08-23-2009, 10:01 PM
Oh well, i've stalled enough. These are still my #1 pick. Guess it's time to order 'em...if i get the gap, heat gun and clamps outta do it. Last resort is to use carpet adhesive strips. thanks for the update on the settle or no-settle deal.

Old 08-28-2009, 09:37 AM
I received my new mats last night (front and back) and aside from the rubber/plastic/composite smell in my car this morning, I'd say these mats are awesome!

It makes me wish that Weathertech produced a rear cargo tray of some sort which would match the rest of the mats.

While these are definitely not a "factory" fit, they fit incredibly well. I'd say there is still a little bit of "give" here and there in some areas that may just take time to settle.

I bought the black color btw.

Also, I'd like to point out that I ordered my mats on Friday the 14th of Aug. and I just received them last night. It seemed like forever because their ordering system never gave me any updates whatsoever...I had to call the company on Tuesday of this week just to make sure things were going smoothly cuz I'm OCD like that...I guess what I'm saying is that I never expected the order to take that long...

Old 08-28-2009, 11:19 AM
It took me about 3 weeks to a month to get my weathertechs. I called the company (because I'm OCD like that as well) and the buy told me all the Digifits were made to order. So the reason I hadn't gotten any updates was because the factory was still producing them. He assured me when they shipped I would get a tracking number. They make it seem like you're ordering an off the shelf item but in reality (according to the sales guy) they are about a 2 week lead time to have them produced once they process your order. A bit decieving but well worth the wait.

Old 08-28-2009, 11:39 AM
I had one of the first sets and the driver's side was a custom "fix it" job from WeatherTech. Perhaps the first MT driver's side they'd ever done.

Whatever they did fixed the clutch pedal interference and fit issues and I will ALWAYS buy these for any car I have. Absolutely love them.

We stuck with the stock all-weather mats for the rear.

Old 08-28-2009, 06:46 PM
I ordered my weathertech mats on the 17th, and they arrived two days ago... or I thought they did, until I opened up the package. They sent me floor mats for a 2007+ Nissan Altima. So now I have to send them back and they have to send me the, you know, correct mats.

I have no idea how they possibly could have sent the wrong mats, it was clearly marked that they were for an Altima!

Still playing the waiting game, I guess. I want to ship the wrong mats back tonight.

Old 08-30-2009, 08:52 PM
I bought the Lloyds mats & dont like em...

Old 09-23-2009, 06:03 PM
5 Year Member
Wanted to bring some good news to this post. Like others, I had ordered a set of WeatherTech floor mats and noticed that they did not fit quite well on the driver's side door sill:

Taken out of the car, the bow is very evident:

I contacted the people at WeatherTech and we tried a few things. Eventually they swapped out my old ones for a new set which fit much better:

I am totally impressed with their customer service and these floor mats will be ready for the Cleveland winter that is coming around the corner.

Old 09-23-2009, 06:12 PM
They do indeed have nice customer service. The mercedes dealer i work for has an account with weathertech and I was able to get the mats at a very good discount. The gentlemen i spoke with on the phone knew exactly what I wanted and even threw in free shipping. I guess I should thank the parts department as well for this. So now Im playing the waiting game, I ordered them the 16th.

Old 09-23-2009, 07:15 PM
I just got mine too and they have the driver side "gap".

Although I can live with it, I think for $100 they could have done a little better job. I would consider calling them to try another set, but I could see them arriving the same way or perhaps worse.

The overall concept is excellent.............they just need to put a little more effort in material or QC.

Old 09-23-2009, 08:53 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by BigWonton
Wanted to bring some good news to this post. Like others, I had ordered a set of WeatherTech floor mats and noticed that they did not fit quite well on the driver's side door sill:

Taken out of the car, the bow is very evident:

I contacted the people at WeatherTech and we tried a few things. Eventually they swapped out my old ones for a new set which fit much better:

I am totally impressed with their customer service and these floor mats will be ready for the Cleveland winter that is coming around the corner.
Wow that's 100x better! So are all the new sets like this? Was thinking about getting a front set before winter.

Old 10-14-2009, 10:24 PM
5 Year Member
Do these mats stay in place better than the oem all weathers? I'm tired of my passenger oem mat sliding everywhere.

Old 10-14-2009, 10:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by runbikerun
Do these mats stay in place better than the oem all weathers? I'm tired of my passenger oem mat sliding everywhere.
The mats basically fill up the entire space in the floor area (see my pic of the passenger side mat above), so there's no where for the mat to slide.

Old 10-15-2009, 01:23 AM
5 Year Member
I would like to know too- has all the new sets been fixed as far as the bow? That makes a big difference!

Old 10-15-2009, 09:09 AM
Originally Posted by runbikerun
These mats are amazing! I had the same issue with my all weather OEM mats. Some people like them, I personally hated them, they were a pain in the ass and they didn't catch things worth a crap.

Old 10-15-2009, 08:02 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Shockwave199
I would like to know too- has all the new sets been fixed as far as the bow? That makes a big difference!
I called and emailed Weathertech about the bowing problem and had 3 different people tell me it's from when the mats are shipped. They said if you heat it with a hair dryer and put some weight on it it will take the bow out.

I thought this sounded OK so I odered a set Saturday and got them today. Pulled them out of the box and no bow! I was so excited I ran out and swept the carpet and stuck them in there.

I noticed right away that the driver's side mat didn't go all the way down in the floor so I pushed it down and guess what? Big fat gap appears instantly. It was perfect when it came out of the box. Looks like the mat is a wee bit too long and when you push it down it bows out.

I put a little padding under the one side and heated the mat with a hair dryer until it was pliable. Then I taped that edge down with some masking tape and heated the mat again. I'll see how it looks tommorow and how it does after a bit of driving.

If that doesn't work I'll probably put some velcro there. I really want that part to be tight as I'm in and out of the car a lot and need something to catch all the crumbs and such.

Here's how it looked when I recieved it.

Quick Reply: WeatherTech's Digital Fit...next level digital.. (ooops) review