2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

Help with audio for an 09 fit?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 01:46 PM
5 Year Member
Help with audio for an 09 fit?

First off: I know, like NOTHING about car audio, so I have no idea where to start, or even if this makes sense, but heres hoping you guys can help me..

I want to spend no more than 500 bucks. I would like the keep the dash board with the way it looks, and the functionality[you know how it has a USB port on the side, where you can hook up your iPod or a USB key], and just in general the way it works.

I just want to get better sound, without spending so much money, and just keeping it look as "stock" looking as possible..

Old 05-27-2009, 05:11 PM
buy door speakers.....change out tweeters.....put an amp on them OR buy component speakers and put tweeter on door for better sound image
thats about the only way if you want to keep the stock deck...
add a small subwoofer some bass with an amp

Old 05-28-2009, 04:39 PM
Yeah I agree above - you can get new speakers in doors for about $200....I would stay with tweeters as is and then add an powered sub that isin't overkill: Powered Subwoofers at Crutchfield.com

You will not get much bass from the door 5.25 or 6.5" speaker openings. Go with 6.5 speakers with a decent low Fq.

Also craigslist and ebay are your friends if you are looking for a used sub option to save $$$.

Technically the stock speakers are decent...I had worse in my BMW 540i (if you can believe it). I do not think the stock Sport head unit is bad either.

Old 06-02-2009, 11:40 AM
idk about the 09 fits, but the first gen fits actually have very decent speakers. its the headunit thats crap. if you have a crappy source, no matter how good the speakers are, its still going to sound bad. amping the speakers would help, but if you know nothing about car audio, that might be difficult for you

i say your best bet is to go with an aftermarket radio, with the dash kit. this would most likely render your current usb port useless, but most headunits come with usb ports. that'll run you around 250 at crutchfield for a nice setup. if your fiending the extra bass, you got another 250 bucks to play around with a powered sub to throw in the back. and maybe some more.

upgrading the tweeters would be cheap, but theres a really good chance you wont see much difference. i used to drive a 93 jeep cherokee. i didnt know this untill a few years after i owned it, but the stock system had tweeters under the dashboard. (they didnt work when i found them) and i bought really cheap tweeters. i ended up buying nice ones, and saw almost no difference

also if you buy component speakers, you better have them powered by an exterior amp, or they will sound like poop.

i would never buy anything electronic used. you dont know how it was treated b4 you. but, you can find a lot of NEW audio stuff on ebay from an online dealer for much less. definatly check out ebay to see if you can get the gear for cheaper.

Old 06-17-2009, 04:48 PM
about your stereo

i have the 09 fit and i think it sounds nice already but if u want stock look u can upgrade speakers and use powered subwoofer and tapped the front speakers wire so u can get some bass in the car , some peole dont really like it but thats because they're used to having sound system in the car , i think there's a tutorial somewhere about how to tap the speakers wire so u can use infinity bass link , anyways i upgraded my speakers and stereo so i can't say much but if u just upgrade speakers it will sound clearer but might not have a lot of bass so.. anyways here's what i did, ill give u couple pics to see between single and double din aftermarket stereo that i upgraded to

the top one is alpine , its quite old but sounds nice for the price , think its below $200 and the bottom one is pioneer , its not too expensive either about $360 shipped , i got them from ebay with rebates from live.com

hope it helps

Old 06-17-2009, 04:54 PM
i have the navi in my 09 wanted to keep the stock look too so i got an alpine 4 channel amp, used 2 channels to power the front speakers cause that is where u r all of the time. got a 10" sub with a ported box and used the other 2 channels for that. the sound is amazing. make sure to get a hi/lo converter for your deck. if u don't know how to install u can get all the parts and install for $600. right in your budget

Old 06-18-2009, 09:31 PM
man!

mugen , christ all friday , ur other honda has tons of shytes , f1 status? damn! lol love it!!

Old 06-21-2009, 12:45 AM
Quick Question..

I am getting readyo run my amp wires in my 09 fit sport and was wondering what the spekers wire colors were to be able to tap in to for the line in converter for the amp install? I need to tap into the LEFT +/- o fthe car and the RIGHT +/- wires... do you guys know the color or how to tell what wre is what to help my install?

How is t sound quality of the systems you guys have being an openhatch back and all... Seems like the car is one huge bandpass sub box, all open air space... Looking forward to getting it done.

Thank you for your help!

Old 06-21-2009, 05:19 AM
System install...

Quick Question..

I am getting readyo run my amp wires in my 09 fit sport and was wondering what the spekers wire colors were to be able to tap in to for the line in converter for the amp install? I need to tap into the LEFT +/- o fthe car and the RIGHT +/- wires... do you guys know the color or how to tell what wre is what to help my install?

How is t sound quality of the systems you guys have being an openhatch back and all... Seems like the car is one huge bandpass sub box, all open air space... Looking forward to getting it done.

Where did anyone gain access thru fire wall for power wire to amp??? i was looking but was scratchin my head as to where to run the wire...

Thank you for your help!