2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Sub-Forum Threads discussing exterior modifications and JDM styling for the 2nd Gen GE8 Honda Fit

My RS Rear BUMPER (JDM Latest Version)

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2013 | 02:16 AM
|
5 Year Member
Take note that during Night Time,
The Red Reflector on the JDM RS Rear Bumper "enhance" the looks

also, notice that my JDM RS LED Rear Tail Light which had been modified so the Lower Red Part which were not lighted before, now lighted together with Parking Light and Brake Light

Name:  DSC06921_zpsb492e395.jpg
Views: 2778
Size:  57.6 KB

Name:  DSC06922_zps75409659.jpg
Views: 2932
Size:  65.8 KB

Name:  DSC06926_zps9981781e.jpg
Views: 2601
Size:  89.7 KB

Name:  DSC06923_zps57d4479d.jpg
Views: 2628
Size:  78.8 KB

Old 06-24-2013 | 03:37 AM
Banned
New lighting looks great

Old 06-24-2013 | 03:44 AM
|
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by loudbang
New lighting looks great
Thanks Loudbang

but actually that Rear Light modification were done 3 months ago...,

here is my DIY about that:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...ail-light.html

Old 06-24-2013 | 04:10 AM
Banned
I did the both sections of the taillight lit but mine is an old one with bulbs. What did you find for the extra LEDs I assume you have..

Old 06-24-2013 | 08:30 AM
|
5 Year Member
I did the both sections of the taillight lit but mine is an old one with bulbs. What did you find for the extra LEDs I assume you have..
oh, I just use a universal LED bulb:

and drill a hole to mount it on the lower section

this way, I don't have to disamble the entire tailight...

Old 06-24-2013 | 05:03 PM
5 Year Member
Man that rear end is so sexy! I can't help but constantly come back and check out that a$$! =X

Last edited by pocky; 06-24-2013 at 05:05 PM.
Old 06-26-2013 | 01:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BMW ALPINA
Those are nice rear bumper and that dual exhaust also looks menacing !
but you got to reconsider the low ground clearance because of this dual exhaust,
if you look on the picture you post,
below the car, you will notice the pipe connecting the left exhaust to the right exhaust that hanging just 3 inches above the ground...
and if you live in area with snow, that might create a problem...
unless you want to move to Sunny area like here in So-Cal
Look what I found that Noblesse makes for that rear bumper.

But the cost w/shipping = $$$$. Want-so-bad.
Also can't figure out the A1/A2, B1/B2 differences, all I know the 2's have 2 exhaust tips per side...

ups, it is not perfection yet, Takero's forget to install the REAR Mugen LED Fog Light on that Rear Mugen Under Spoiler
Love your RS bumper replacement... it looks great!!!
Hey do the reflectors light up? it looks like it in some pics. Also, the middle (triangle) light ( I thought it was a brake light not fog) on the Mugen under spoiler... Is there a Mugen part for it? The reason I ask is if I'm understanding the translation correctly for the Noblesse they say to just buy a F1 style LED brake light from yahooauctions.jp
NOBLESSE ‚f‚d@‚e‚h‚s—p@ƒGƒAƒ@ƒ^ƒCƒvƒ†[ƒ
装着できるLEDバックフォグは、YAC製のLEDバックフォグ
yahooオークション等で出品されているF1タイプのLEDフォグが装着できます。
※本製品にバックフォグは付属されておりません。

Which tails do you have? They sell quite a few 7443 type (dual filament/voltage - for brakes) LEDs on ebay... I have them too, and they're pretty good.

Old 06-26-2013 | 01:54 PM
|
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FitStir
Look what I found that Noblesse makes for that rear bumper.

But the cost w/shipping = $$$$. Want-so-bad.
Also can't figure out the A1/A2, B1/B2 differences, all I know the 2's have 2 exhaust tips per side...

Love your RS bumper replacement... it looks great!!!
Hey do the reflectors light up? it looks like it in some pics. Also, the middle (triangle) light ( I thought it was a brake light not fog) on the Mugen under spoiler... Is there a Mugen part for it? The reason I ask is if I'm understanding the translation correctly for the Noblesse they say to just buy a F1 style LED brake light from yahooauctions.jp
Hi,
The Noble bumper is not and add on like Mugen Under Lower Spoiler,
it is a true full bumper with the diffuser integrated into it...
The Mugen Under Lower spoiler on the other hand is just an add on on top of the JDM RS rear bumper.

I personally like the Mugen Under Lower Spoiler diffuser design more because it is more "conservative" then Noble design...,
the Noble design of course looks more aggressive, and eye catching then the Mugen one, but the Mugen one I think give the car more "expensive" looks compare to the Noble.

I also do not like the dual exhaust design on a Honda Fit because our car is a small car so the dual exhaust tips on our car can not be a large tips,
I like dual tips design on larger car, like for example the dual tips on Lexus LS460 or BMW X5 (square exhaust tips), so this mugen with just one exhaust is preferable for me.

Problem is, I still don't have the budget to buy the Mugen Rear Under Spoiler for now hahaha

Now about the rear LED light on the Mugen,
it is actually a Rear FOG LIGHT for Mugen application, but I am going to modify the wiring so it will act as 3rd brake light.

Mugen Rear LED Fog Light is also very expensive, about as expensive as
the rear under spoiler it self !!!
The Part number for the Mugen Rear Fog Light:
34400-XLFD-K0S0
and here where you can buy them:

Rakuten: Optional) Honda Fit GE8 34400-XLFD-K0S0 for exclusive use of MUGEN( infinity) LED rear fog light (RS- Shopping Japanese products from Japan

for more then 47,000 yen !!!

Regarding the Red REFLECTOR on my rear bumper,
they do NOT light up because I use the Honda factory reflector which is the same as the CR-Z and Insight Reflector (you can buy them here in US dealer), but in Japan they sell the NON Factory reflector which had LED light on it, so it light up, but since I plan to "someday" bought the Mugen under spoiler and Mugen LED fog light (change to brake light),
then I don't want to buy this non factory reflector with LED...

in Japan, they also sell the round reflector with LED (non factory/non mugen) to be installed in Mugen Rear underspoiler replacing the Mugen left/right round reflector...
again I don't want them, I prefer to save money to buy that center triangle Mugen original LED fog light and modify them to became 3rd brake light

Old 06-26-2013 | 02:01 PM
|
5 Year Member
I think the A1 and B1 is for single exhaust on the right.
(B1 is if you want 2 exhaust tips on the right side only).

The A2 is for dual exhaust with 1 exhaust tips on each side (total 2 tips)

The B2 is for QUAD exhaust with 2 exhaust tips per side (total 4 tips).

Also if take a closer look at Noble rear bumper,
it's look like the horizontal lines on the bumper are not as straight
as in the Honda JDM RS bumper + Mugen Rear under lower spoiler combo...

there are "waves" on the noble rear bumper likely because their bumper were not produced with the same quality machinery as the Honda factory/Mugen plastic casting/injection molding...
just take a look at the "light reflection" on both the Noble bumper and compare them to JDM RS rear bumper + Mugen rear under spoiler combo",
and despite the Jdm/Mugen as a 2 piece add on design, it actually don't have much "wavy" reflection compare to the 1 piece Noble design...

and if your car have dark color like black, this wavy light reflection will be more obvious...

so quality wise, I think the JDM/Mugen combo have much better quality then the noble one...

Last edited by BMW ALPINA; 06-26-2013 at 02:05 PM.
Old 06-26-2013 | 02:12 PM
|
5 Year Member
DIRECT comparison, which one looks better ?

Last edited by BMW ALPINA; 06-26-2013 at 02:23 PM.
Old 06-26-2013 | 02:22 PM
|
5 Year Member
Or this comparison:

to this:

and this:

Last edited by BMW ALPINA; 06-26-2013 at 02:43 PM.
Old 06-26-2013 | 02:36 PM
|
5 Year Member
My Collection of (LOT) Sample Pictures of Original (NON Replica) Mugen Rear Under Spoiler on White car

Last edited by BMW ALPINA; 06-26-2013 at 02:41 PM.
Old 06-26-2013 | 02:58 PM
5 Year Member
Maybe my eyes are getting old... :)

In the first comparison they look quite similar... the 2nd comparison the Noblesse looks more aggressive due to the 4 exhaust tips & two tone.
Even the collection (last post) in white... I think the Mugen still looks more aggressive, and the Noblesse with the 1 exhaust tip to me atleast looks more conservative.

As for the waves... It looks like it's either the photo editing, or reflections... I'm quite sure Noblesse is top notch... especially from the reviews of owners of other cars. I know the Noblesse is a full bumper... which is why I like it.
I also noticed the Noblesse did away with the rear tow hook access panel... because not racecar?

Not a fan of reps at all... if you're gonna do it go authentic.... but ED has the Mugen (Type M, I think they call it) front bumper, that would save one from having to do the full JDM front conversion... I can see that, but the one person who did install it had significant fitment issues... another reason to avoid reps.

Old 06-26-2013 | 03:09 PM
|
5 Year Member
In the first comparison they look quite similar... the 2nd comparison the Noblesse looks more aggressive due to the 4 exhaust tips & two tone.
Even the collection (last post) in white... I think the Mugen still looks more aggressive, and the Noblesse with the 1 exhaust tip to me atleast looks more conservative.

As for the waves... It looks like it's either the photo editing, or reflections... I'm quite sure Noblesse is top notch... especially from the reviews of owners of other cars. I know the Noblesse is a full bumper... which is why I like it.
I also noticed the Noblesse did away with the rear tow hook access panel... because not racecar?

Not a fan of reps at all... if you're gonna do it go authentic.... but ED has the Mugen (Type M, I think they call it) front bumper, that would save one from having to do the full JDM front conversion... I can see that, but the one person who did install it had significant fitment issues... another reason to avoid reps.
My TWINS

I totally agree with you about the replica bumper,
no way I am going to buy a replica bumper/spoiler,
my philosophy is,
if I can not afford the real thing then I would better stick with the standard/stock bumper hahaha...
or if I want to save money then,
I prefer to buy the real Mugen product but in USED condition then a brand new bumper but "replica"...

the fitment of the replica might be perfect,
but I feel like I am lying to people who see my car making the illusion that I had a real mugen where infact I had a "FAKE" mugen hahaha...

so if I want to save money and I am able to find a USED mugen rear under spoiler in good condition, then I will buy it.

Regarding your preference for Noble, vs my preference for Mugen,...
well even TWINS sometimes had different preference,
otherwise the world would be a boring place
hahaha

Last edited by BMW ALPINA; 06-26-2013 at 03:17 PM.
Old 06-26-2013 | 03:40 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Regarding your preference for Noble, vs my preference for Mugen,...
well even TWINS sometimes had different preference,
otherwise the world would be a boring place
hahaha
Damn.... I really want that Noblesse now... especially after seeing your RS conversion...

but I already got too much on my plate.... plus wifey thought/was hoping I was done after the sunroof... lolol..

Old 06-26-2013 | 03:55 PM
|
5 Year Member
Damn.... I really want that Noblesse now... especially after seeing your RS conversion...

but I already got too much on my plate.... plus wifey thought/was hoping I was done after the sunroof... lolol..
First of all, using google chrome translator,
turn out the B2 and A2 are for Fit HYBRID, (with shorter diffuser)

while the B1 and A1 (longer/extended diffuser) are for NON Hybrid (regular Fit) model.

now for cost,
Those Noble bumper cost around $800 based on the list price at the website link you post above,
then the shipping cost buy UPS/Fedex would be at least $1,000 to $1,200,
if you had bought through buying agent, then another 10% of top of the bumper price...
so before installation you would be looking at around $2,000
if you want to buy the Rear Fog Light or grill optional, it will be few hundreds dollar more...

Install (modifying re-bar) and Painting that rear bumper will cost you between $500 to $650 or even more if the body shop is the "expensive" one...

so I would say, to be safe, you need to allocate at least $2,800 for that Noble bumper and that is still using stock exhaust...

Old 06-26-2013 | 04:30 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

First of all, using google chrome translator,
turn out the B2 and A2 are for Fit HYBRID, (with shorter diffuser)

while the B1 and A1 (longer/extended diffuser) are for NON Hybrid (regular Fit) model.
Damn good info!!!!! THANKS! I need to ditch Mozilla, and get google chrome, it seems the translator is much better. Thanks again for the info.

if you want to buy the Rear Fog Light or grill optional, it will be few hundreds dollar more...
If I go with the regular F1 LED it should only cost ~$9-$30 (the most), from what I've seen on yahooauction.jp or ebay... ex. ---> http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-LED-F1-Style-Triangle-Third-Brake-Reverse-Bulb-Fitting-Blinking-Car-Light-/400502391653?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5d3fcd8365&vxp=mtr
Thanks for crunching the #'s for me.... I gotta bring my car to the body shop soon for some minor dings, etc... so I was debating if it was within reason to just do the swap at the same time... but the difference would be too much at this time. oh well... Mayyyybbbe in the future.

Old 06-26-2013 | 04:38 PM
|
5 Year Member
Thanks for crunching the #'s for me.... I gotta bring my car to the body shop soon for some minor dings, etc... so I was debating if it was within reason to just do the swap at the same time... but the difference would be too much at this time. oh well... Mayyyybbbe in the future.
well, if you want to convert to just "run of the mill" Honda factory standard/stock JDM RS Bumper like mine, just PM me
I might be able to get you one in "like new condition just like mine" at a little cheaper price
(for sure much less then Noble bumper of course)

Last edited by BMW ALPINA; 06-26-2013 at 04:40 PM.
Old 06-27-2013 | 02:17 AM
Banned
I personally like this ovoid one the best.

Old 07-05-2013 | 01:00 AM
|
5 Year Member
I personally like this ovoid one the best.

Those looks like an S2000 Exhaust Tips...
I think they are bigger then my Accord Exhaust Tips or Honda Civic Si exhaust tips...
I am thinking of either buying the S2000 exhaust tips or just buy the complete Mugen JDM RS rear exhaust...
Another nice exhaust tips is the Akrapovic exhaust tips for either the Mini Cooper or for the M3, but they do not sell just one piece,
either pair or 4piece, so too expensive...

Here is Lexus modified with Honda S2000 (Gen 2) exhaust tips:
Name:  IMG_1970.jpg
Views: 4003
Size:  124.1 KB

Civic Si exhaust tips:

Akrapovic for Mini Cooper (around $725 per pair just for the tips) !!!:
Akrapovic Tailpipe set for Cooper R56, R57. Fits stock exhaust - Etektuning.com

Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust End Tips for Mini Cooper | RENNTECH MERCEDES

Akrapovic for BMW M3 exhaust tips ($1,450 for 4 pieces/Quad exhaust):

https://www.europeanautosource.com/p...st-tips-e9x-m3

Quick Reply: My RS Rear BUMPER (JDM Latest Version)