2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Sub-Forum Threads discussing exterior modifications and JDM styling for the 2nd Gen GE8 Honda Fit

JDP Item Reviews

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 03:47 AM
5 Year Member
i bought the JDP rear diffuser right when it came out. The fit and finish was horrible. The finish, it was not only wavy (understandable since it was all hand made), but there were little bumps in the carbon fibre throughout. It lost its shine a little bit through time, but that's expected. The fit was horrible too, no matter how you align it, there would be huge gaps on the two sides at the bottom between the bumper and the lip.
Since the rear diffuser got demolished in a rear ended, insurance is having it replaced. I'll see if quality has improved or not.

Old 07-02-2011, 05:30 AM
5 Year Member
Alright here's my review, I bought them Mid-June 2011.

Front Lip:
The fitment is TIGHT. The v2 of the lip is right on, but a couple of the predrilled holes had to be shaved because they were to small, but it was nothing major. The only complaint I have are the two holes for the outside of the lip. They did not line up whatsoever, so I drilled two new holes into the bumper and fastened it with a seperate screw. Other than that, the weave is straight and the clear coat is perfect. There aren't any gaps anywhere, it really is worth every penny.

Rear Diffuser:
Unlike the front, the holes weren't predrilled, which made the job much easier. I also had to clean up the double sided tape a bit, but other than that it was fine. There's a small gap on the passenger side, but it's not noticeable. Again, the carbon was straight and the clear coat was perfect. They also include a primer for the bumper so the tape sticks better.

Customer Service:
Always emailed back promptly, and calling John directly is much faster. I met up with him to pick everything up, and he explained all of the install and what was included. I'd highly suggest going through with it.

Old 06-24-2012, 04:04 AM
5 Year Member
I personally feel bothered on the fact that there are so many LITTLE adjustments that need to be made when installing these JDP pieces. I for one would not wave to buy an item that is not a direct fit or that you had to modify fitment because a companies R&D didn't completely finish the job.

And it's not bashing. It's just staring the truth. Have owned many cars in the past and many or most aftermarket companies seem to always be off with fitment. Especially carbon fiber hoods.

And then people wonder why Mugen parts cost so much, when their fitment is pretty much OEM. Not saying they're perfect, but I think you get my point.

Old 06-24-2012, 10:46 AM
5 Year Member
All my JDP parts fit perfect although I don't have the front lip for the Fit I do have a lip on my Integra and fitment is perfect. SO why are we bringing back a thread that's a year old??

Old 06-24-2012, 11:10 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bmxman
All my JDP parts fit perfect although I don't have the front lip for the Fit I do have a lip on my Integra and fitment is perfect. SO why are we bringing back a thread that's a year old??
Because other members have complained of fitment not being perfect or having to do minor mods to make the parts fit. I explained that in the post.

And threads are there for information purposes, right? There's threads on 8thCivic, EvolutionM and other car forums that have been running for years, as people keep modding and changing their vehicles.

Any whI, let's keep at the subject here. It was about JDP parts and fitment.

Hopefully someone can answer my questions exactly, since if I had the parts then I wouldn't be asking.