2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit.

Sprintex Supercharger Install

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 12:43 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Steven Hung
Cool!!! Another supercharger car up and running with blink blink. I have to keep my car low key so no blink blink for me. If my wife ever find out I will be in the dog house. The only consolation would be a LV or Gucci purse. She did ask why the engine looks different. I told her the plastic intake manifold is crap and need to be replaced. Is your a 2013? What other modifications do you have in addition to the intake?

If enough Fit owners mod their car there could be critical mass to motivate more speed parts for our car.

Please guys, adhere to the topic at hand on Sprintex supercharger install. We are here to share information/experience and not bicker among ourselves.
The car pictured is a 2010. There are pics of it floating around in here.

Its highly modified and I know he's working on getting a final tune after cutting out the restricter plate on the inlet pipe.

After thats done im sure he will do a write up on the tune as well as the other mods he did on the install of the SC.

Old 01-15-2014, 12:44 PM
That engine bay looks awesome. I love to see when people take their time and go over the top.

Old 01-15-2014, 01:07 PM
5 Year Member
Damn I want that tf intake. 1sickveilsidez has a sc too. Wonder why he hasn't posted it here

Old 01-15-2014, 01:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by j1nNju1c3
Damn I want that tf intake. 1sickveilsidez has
a sc too. Wonder why he hasn't posted it here
He did posted it on this other thread here,
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ml#post1219151

I love the braided hose that he did on the engine bay !

Originally Posted by 1SickVeilsideZ

Last edited by BMW ALPINA; 01-15-2014 at 01:18 PM.
Old 01-15-2014, 01:15 PM
Super Moderator
Damn I want that tf intake. 1sickveilsidez has a sc too. Wonder why he hasn't posted it here
Read my post above. The engine bay pic is his car.

He will reply with a detailed write up im sure. There is alot more going on in that pic than just a SC install. Look close it has custom lines as well thats not some braided wrap he did it right.

Old 01-15-2014, 01:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by painterguy
Read my post above. The engine bay pic is his car.

He will reply with a detailed write up im sure. There is alot more going on in that pic than just a SC install. Look close it has custom lines as well thats not some braided wrap he did it right.
I talk to him about the braided line/hose yesterday,
The brand is EARL ! Good Stuff !
really need to ask more about it,
hope he don't mind if I copy his lines later

Painterguy,
are you the friend that help him install the supercharger?
or are you the person who help him polish the supercharger?
do you have a painting shop ?

Last edited by BMW ALPINA; 01-15-2014 at 01:25 PM.
Old 01-15-2014, 01:32 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by BMW ALPINA
I talk to him about the braided line/hose yesterday,
The brand is EARL ! Good Stuff !
really need to ask more about it,
hope he don't mind if I copy his lines later

Painterguy,
are you the friend that help him install the supercharger?
or are you the person who help him polish the supercharger?
do you have a painting shop ?
I did not install or polish the SC.
I work at a dealer so I acquired all the odds n ends clips and such for the car and painted the camo valve cover on the car.

I dont have a shop its more of a hobby anymore. If I need big stuff painted my buddy has a collision shop that paints all my parts.

Old 01-15-2014, 01:51 PM
5 Year Member
Hey guys sorry I haven't posted in here yet, but I have been following every step of the way. I'm still working out a few things on my side before I come in and post all my info.

The new "Church" map that some of you guys may or may not be running on is based off of my car.

My car is a 2010 MT and the "performance" mods I have done are as follows:

Top Fuel cold air intake
T1R Response header (more of a down pipe then header)
T1R Racing Converter
T1R B-pipe
Mugen muffler

As my good friend Painterguy mentioned (he helped a lot with the build as well, thanks bro!) I did cut out the restrictor plate on the elbow that connects between the supercharger and throttle body so I will need to go back for a re-tune.

The install was done by myself and my good friend Ryan. Everything went smooth and all our connections were done correctly. Did hit a few bumps along the way because of the instruction manual, but we were able to figure it out.

Upon firing up the car the first time I had the check engine light on and could not get passed 3K rpm in any gear and had all the codes that have been mentioned on this thread. First thing we did was disconnect the ECU and look over all the wiring and everything was correct.

Once we connected the ECU again it got rid of the MAF code and Crank position code. The only codes before the tune that I kept throwing were the multiple misfires on all banks, running to lean on all banks. I think by disconnecting the ECU it got rid of the MAF code and Crank position code.

After the tune with Church Automotive ( Thanks to Shawn & Todd for there help) the car has been running amazing, almost scary that it's running so good. I have only triggered limp mode once since the tune and that's because I was beating on the car a little bit and hit redline which caused it to misfire. Hooked it up to the scan tool, cleared the codes and no issues since.

I have a Mac, so I'm waiting for some more money to roll in so I can purchase a new laptop dedicated for logging and making adjustments as needed. As I gather more info I will post up in here.

Build thread for my car coming soon too.

Special thanks to everyone that has helped me along the way with this process:

My buddy Ryan for helping with the install

Gary and Mark at Sprintex for supporting the Fit community

Shawn & Todd at Church Automotive for the tune

Painterguy for coming through almost everyday with much needed parts

Steve at Options Auto Salon for supplying me with some hard to get parts

Steven, Goobers, Jibbers, Jonathan, Fuzzy, you guys rock and stepped up to be test mules for unknown territory and I've followed all your posts along the way.

Can't forget DSM and Lyon for always posting some very informative info.

Back to the topic at hand gentleman. Let's keep this thread as informative as possible for the next people looking for some guidance on the journey.

Last edited by 1SickVeilsideZ; 01-15-2014 at 02:16 PM.
Old 01-15-2014, 02:12 PM
Originally Posted by painterguy
The car pictured is a 2010. There are pics of it floating around in here.

Its highly modified and I know he's working on getting a final tune after cutting out the restricter plate on the inlet pipe.

After thats done im sure he will do a write up on the tune as well as the other mods he did on the install of the SC.
How much for the paint job on the blower?

Old 01-15-2014, 02:14 PM
5 Year Member
Welcome to the club 1SickVeilsideZ! And thanks for the map!
That polish job looks badass! Looking forward to the write up. Especially removal of that restrictor.

Old 01-15-2014, 02:16 PM
Hey guys sorry I haven't posted in here yet, but I have been following every step of the way. I'm still working out a few things on my side before I come in and post all my info.

The new "Curch" map that some of you guys may or may not be running on is based off of my car.

My car is a 2010 MT and the "performance" mods I have done are as follows:

Top Fuel cold air intake
T1R Response header (more of a down pipe then header)
T1R Racing Converter
T1R B-pipe
Mugen muffler

As my good friend Painterguy mentioned (he helped a lot with the build as well, thanks bro!) I did cut out the restrictor plate on the elbow that connects between the supercharger and throttle body so I will need to go back for a re-tune.

The install was done by myself and my good friend Ryan. Everything went smooth and all our connections were done correctly. Did hit a few bumps along the way because of the instruction manual, but we were able to figure it out.

Upon firing up the car the first time I had the check engine light on and could not get passed 3K rpm in any gear and had all the codes that have been mentioned on this thread. First thing we did was disconnect the ECU and look over all the wiring and everything was correct.

Once we connected the ECU again it got rid of the MAF code and Crank position code. The only codes before the tune that I kept throwing were the multiple misfires on all banks, running to lean on all banks. I think by disconnecting the ECU it got rid of the MAF code and Crank position code.

After the tune with Church Automotive ( Thanks to Shawn & Todd for there help) the car has been running amazing, almost scary that it's running so good. I have only triggered limp mode once since the tune and that's because I was beating on the car a little bit and hit redline which caused it to misfire. Hooked it up to the scan tool, cleared the codes and no issues since.

I have a Mac, so I'm waiting for some more money to roll in so I can purchase a new laptop dedicated for logging and making adjustments as needed. As I gather more info I will post up in here.

Build thread for my car coming soon too.

Special thanks to everyone that has helped me along the way with this process:

My buddy Ryan for helping with the install

Gary and Mark at Sprintex for supporting the Fit community

Shawn & Todd at Church Automotive for the tune

Painterguy for coming through almost everyday with much needed parts

Steve at Options Auto Salon for supplying me with some hard to get parts

Steven, Goobers, Jibbers, Jonathan, Fuzzy, you guys rock and stepped up to be test mules for unknown territory and I've followed all your posts along the way.

Can't forget DSM and Lyon for always posting some very informative info.

Back to the topic at hand gentleman. Let's keep this thread as informative as possible for the next people looking for some guidance on the journey.

Where in LA you located? We should meet up sometime. Didn't know you knew Alex at FT. That's how I found that there another fit running around LA with the Sprintex SC. Would love to see you mods in person. Hit me up!

Old 01-15-2014, 02:22 PM
5 Year Member
1sickveilsidez, what will you do about the smog? Gonna take it all off I guess?

Old 01-15-2014, 02:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jibberjabbs
Welcome to the club 1SickVeilsideZ! And thanks for the map!
That polish job looks badass! Looking forward to the write up. Especially removal of that restrictor.
Thank you sir! No problem on the map, hopefully all of us can get the cars running right. I'll keep you guys posted.

Originally Posted by Fuzzyfunk
Where in LA you located? We should meet up sometime. Didn't know you knew Alex at FT. That's how I found that there another fit running around LA with the Sprintex SC. Would love to see you mods in person. Hit me up!
I'm actually in Inland Empire, but I'm always down for a meet!

Yes sir I know Alex, the community is very small, we have all worked together at one point or another. My buddy Danh sent me a pic of your car from Alex's and told me the situation, I told them I could shoot down on the weekend and they could pull a copy of my map to get your car running, but Gary had already talked to Shawn and got a copy of the map over to Alex. Glad you're up and running.

1sickveilsidez, what will you do about the smog? Gonna take it all off I guess?

Lol! Smog is the least of my worries. It's not what you know, it's who you know. Have to pay to play, I'm taking it with the supercharger and all when it comes time for smog.

Last edited by 1SickVeilsideZ; 01-15-2014 at 02:31 PM.
Old 01-15-2014, 02:56 PM
5 Year Member
Thank you sir! No problem on the map, hopefully all of us can get the cars running right. I'll keep you guys posted.

Yes sir I know Alex, the community is very small, we have all worked together at one point or another. My buddy Danh sent me a pic of your car from Alex's and told me the situation, I told them I could shoot down on the weekend and they could pull a copy of my map to get your car running, but Gary had already talked to Shawn and got a copy of the map over to Alex. Glad you're up and running.

Lol! Smog is the least of my worries. It's not what you know, it's who you know. Have to pay to play, I'm taking it with the supercharger and all when it comes time for smog.
Hook it up! Lol.

Glad church got yours running proper!

Old 01-15-2014, 03:08 PM
Smile

Originally Posted by Steven Hung
I did 321 miles on 10 gallons of 93 octane with the new map—Church Automotive map. Car is running fine without any problem. By the end of this week I will have over 1000 miles on the supercharger. Before I know it the warranty would be up.

The only strange problem that I am having is connectivity between the SMT8L and my laptop. Yesterday while logging in LetRipp, the SMT8L stopped uploading data and not matter what I do the SMT8L refused to communicate to the laptop. LetRipp does show USB on-line status. The car still runs perfectly with the connectivity problem between SMT8L and my laptop.
  • Reboot the laptop with USB cable
  • Reboot the laptop without the USB cable
  • Disconnect the car's battery then did the previous two steps above
    - My car has a battery quick disconnect kit
  • Use a different USB port then did the previous steps above
This morning I hooked up the laptop to the SMT8L, started LetRipp and still no data from the SMT8L. Shutdown the laptop thinking the USB cable might be the problem. As I enter my office parking garage I pulled out the power inverter with the laptop still connect and immediately check engine light come on with DTC for CKP and cylinder misfire. The USB was also connected but LetRipp was not running because the laptop is shutdown. Once I parked my car I opened the hood and disconnect the car battery for 10 seconds and reconnect. I started the engine and both the CEL and the DTC for CKP and cylinder misfire are gone without having to do any DTC clear. Tonight there will be more play time with the SMT8L and my laptop. I need to confirm whether it is a USB cable issue or a cable interference issue.

There are two signals that the SMT8L intercept and manipulate that I know of.
  • CKP signal
  • MAF signal
I thought DTCs persist in the ECM and a tool is need to clear them not just a battery disconnect.
Did your laptop have enough battery to run it on it's own? Per my experience, do not do any flash or ECU adjustment on a laptop with a power inverter. I had the same problem when I run durametric pro on my other car. Good luck

Old 01-15-2014, 03:57 PM
5 Year Member
I was not downloading updates/changes from the laptop to the SMT8L. Just connecting to the SMT8L for logging; parameters/data from the SMT8L were being sent to the laptop. The laptop battery is fully charged. I am going to try with my wife laptop tonight.

Last edited by Steven Hung; 01-15-2014 at 03:59 PM.
Old 01-15-2014, 05:31 PM

Exactly bro! Exactly! LOL

In actually live in the IE but work in LA and stay there during the week at my gf's since work is so close to where she lives. Maybe we can meet up this weekend? I'll be going to church automotive this Saturday for a tuning session for my injen intake. How you like the t1r header and bpipe with ur mugen exhaust? Isn't it a little too loud? I heard someone over YouTube and didn't like the sound much but id like to hear it in person.

Last edited by Fuzzyfunk; 01-15-2014 at 05:38 PM.
Old 01-15-2014, 05:58 PM
Jibber and I got on the discussion the other day of throttle controllers. Are any of you guys running a TC with your SC? Now that I have a tiny bit more power, my throttle response delay has become more apparent to me.

I need to stop being lazy and do a datalog because my gas mileage since the install has been worse than I expected, and I can't tell if it is just because I can't keep my foot off the gas or something more.

Old 01-15-2014, 07:39 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member
My ONE and ONLY warning.

Keep it respectful or those out of line get the ban hammer on this thread. If you have issues, which is clear, please take them to PM and let people read this thread with out the drama fillers.

danke schoen

Old 01-15-2014, 08:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fuzzyfunk
Exactly bro! Exactly! LOL

In actually live in the IE but work in LA and stay there during the week at my gf's since work is so close to where she lives. Maybe we can meet up this weekend? I'll be going to church automotive this Saturday for a tuning session for my injen intake. How you like the t1r header and bpipe with ur mugen exhaust? Isn't it a little too loud? I heard someone over YouTube and didn't like the sound much but id like to hear it in person.
Yeah man just let me know, I'm always up for meeting my fellow Fit owners. Glad you're going to Church Automotive, Shawn and Todd were able to figure it out rather quickly. Make sure you have your wheel locks with you since they remove them to get you on the dyno.

As far as my exhaust setup goes, it does get kind of loud, but most of the time I have the radio on and it drowns out the sound, plus I try not to drive like a jack ass, I usually just cruise the car. That video with the black fit and Mugen rear is the one you're talking about correct? I don't think that video clip does it justice IMHO. The times I have got on the throttle people always say the car sounds good and wouldn't expect it from the little guy. I guess you would have to hear it in person in order to pass judgement, I'm sure it's annoying for the people driving behind me though lol!

I'm curious to see your numbers though from the tune, from what I remember on certain past vehicles with superchargers, they usually suggest to keep the stock cats because you need that back pressure. Not sure how true that is, but I have a feeling that might hold some truth.

Originally Posted by jonathan13
Jibber and I got on the discussion the other day of throttle controllers. Are any of you guys running a TC with your SC? Now that I have a tiny bit more power, my throttle response delay has become more apparent to me.

I need to stop being lazy and do a datalog because my gas mileage since the install has been worse than I expected, and I can't tell if it is just because I can't keep my foot off the gas or something more.
I actually have my throttle control here at the house, I haven't installed it because I normally have my scan tool hooked up to it and I'm reading the live stats on it to monitor everything.

I'll figure out where to ground it and run the power so it doesn't have to be connected into the OBD port in case I need to hook up the scan tool.

I'll give it a test run and see how the car responds to it and report back with the results.

Quick Reply: Sprintex Supercharger Install