2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit.

Sprintex Supercharger Install

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 02:44 PM
5 Year Member
Is your car running well after the relearn without CEL using the stock air box? I am going play around with my intake during Dr. Martin Luther King long weekend since SMT8 logging is up and running. There is an old version of AutoEnginuity that I can try to hook up to the OBD port for logging. I don't know if I can concurrently running SMT8L and AutoEnginuity on my old IBM T30 with sufficient CPU bandwidth.

Have you started to look at SMT8 ignition map and injector map? The injection map has fuel added starting at 36.7 KPa and 780 rpm. There are ignition modifier defined for the entire ignition map table between 10.0 KPa and 60.0 KPa for the entire rpm range from 500 rpm to 6940 rpm. You can see the 16 points defined for boost starting from 10.0 KPa or 1.45 psi to 60.0 KPa or 8.70 psi declared under Tps step. Both injector map and ignition map can be watched along with the data display gauges. You can see the cell highlight in the tables as the valve is being applied.

Originally Posted by jibberjabbs
I finally got to do the relearn procedures this weekend. I used a HDS clone. Interesting thing happened during the CKP, I got the misfire CELs P0300-304 again? Also the CKP procedure with the HDS does not require you to move the car, just warm it up and it prompts you for a few different throttle positions including a fully depressed position until the fuel cut kicks in. I wonder if the fuel cut has something to do with the misfire? So I cleared them and redid the procedure successfully. The car seemed less powerful directly after, but seems to be returning some power after driving around a bit.

Old 01-06-2014, 03:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Steven Hung
Is your car running well after the relearn without CEL using the stock air box? I am going play around with my intake during Dr. Martin Luther King long weekend since SMT8 logging is up and running. There is an old version of AutoEnginuity that I can try to hook up to the OBD port for logging. I don't know if I can concurrently running SMT8L and AutoEnginuity on my old IBM T30 with sufficient CPU bandwidth.

Have you started to look at SMT8 ignition map and injector map? The injection map has fuel added starting at 36.7 KPa and 780 rpm. There are ignition modifier defined for the entire ignition map table between 10.0 KPa and 60.0 KPa for the entire rpm range from 500 rpm to 6940 rpm. You can see the 16 points defined for boost starting from 10.0 KPa or 1.45 psi to 60.0 KPa or 8.70 psi declared under Tps step. Both injector map and ignition map can be watched along with the data display gauges. You can see the cell highlight in the tables as the valve is being applied.
Steven, Yes it is running great (even in -13F). I still don't believe the intake was the source of my CELs, and I miss it. What is the point of having a SC if you cant hear it!

I have not looked at the maps yet. I still am trying to get setup to log in the car.

This is what I am using for diagnostics, it uses the same software honda dealers do. I originally got it just for setting TPMS : http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-High-quality-Honda-Acura-Diagnostic-CAN-BUS-System-HDS-HIM-KIT-/261277178993?pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&hash=item3cd5555c71&vxp=mtr
Here is another cheaper possible option, I have not tried yet, but it looks like it runs the same software as the one I have. ebay:OBD Tuning HDS Cable OBD2 Diagnostic Cable for Honda | eBay

Last edited by jibberjabbs; 01-06-2014 at 04:45 PM.
Old 01-06-2014, 03:08 PM
5 Year Member
You are right. There is a separate air temperature sensor in the Sprintex supercharger manifold. It is listed in the parts packing list as air temp sensor, AT305. I found the AIT calibration table in SMT8L. The IAT sensor is above the brass hose barb in the intake manifold. It probably makes sense at high intake manifold temperature the piggy back would pull timing and dump fuel. I need to look for that in LetRipp.

Name:  7c9b5533-092c-4e76-bd3d-675834182bf2_zps37cd2f5e.jpg
Views: 494
Size:  76.8 KB

Also with your temperature issues. I think you could be looking at two separate temperature sensors. The UG can see the intake temperature via OBD2 and the cars original intake air sensor, but the SMT8 can only see the new sensor (that came with the kit) that is after the compressor. So the SC is heating the air up. Mabey?

Last edited by Steven Hung; 01-06-2014 at 05:17 PM.
Old 01-06-2014, 04:01 PM
5 Year Member
It is f-ing cold. According to weather.com, its -11 f outside and they say windchill makes it feel like -35. I don't doubt it, my face is still in the process of thawing out.

Finally got a usb cable plugged in and wanted to do a little bit of logging.... But my car is frozen and doesn't want to start. Battery is a little low, which i'm guessing is from the cold, so after a number of attempts, i decided to just let it sit and charge (portable charger/jumper).

Old 01-07-2014, 01:32 PM
5 Year Member
So I have another theory about the misfires! Looks like guys have seen misfire codes when running lightened flywheels on CRZs and Fits. Sounds like the knock sensor and the crank position sensor are very sensitive ( It would be nice to pinpoint which sensor is setting this off). The CRZ guy in the link below had success resetting the learned CKP. Goobers I think you need to try this (you seem to be the best at triggering it)

Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums - View Single Post - ITEM9's Build Thread: Rotrex Supercharged PWP EX 6MT
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...e-light-5.html

Because the CKP is a learned function this could explain why some are having issues and some are not.

Last edited by jibberjabbs; 01-07-2014 at 01:56 PM.
Old 01-07-2014, 01:57 PM
My tuner is telling me that my AT fit are getting the same misfires you guys are posting. His theory is that the piggyback is losing power and losing memory. Possibly a grounds issue. By battery works fine. Waiting to hear more from him.

Old 01-07-2014, 02:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fuzzyfunk
My tuner is telling me that my AT fit are getting the same misfires you guys are posting. His theory is that the piggyback is losing power and losing memory. Possibly a grounds issue. By battery works fine. Waiting to hear more from him.
Fuzzyfunk, Do you know if your tuner as successfully completed the idle and CKP relearn procedure?

Old 01-07-2014, 02:57 PM
Just got called by my tuner, the map file we got was incorrect according to Gary. He will reupload this new file and see if we are still getting the same misfiring issue. Let you know later today or tomorrow where we are at.

Old 01-07-2014, 02:59 PM
5 Year Member
Just got called by my tuner, the map file we got was incorrect according to Gary. He will reupload this new file and see if we are still getting the same misfiring issue. Let you know later today or tomorrow where we are at.
Aww gees... that means I really do need to buy a new laptop (old one died yesterday, trying to get my car started for logging).

~~~~~

edit: oh yeah, obviously, I finally got my Fit started... but then my laptop died when I was finally ready to start logging. So, until I buy a new laptop, I can't hook up to the piggyback (unless I dig in and unplug the piggyback and take to my desktop).

Goobers I think you need to try this (you seem to be the best at triggering it)
Is that a compliment... or an insult? lol

I know, I trigger it a LOT, but it's not really on command. Even when I try to replicate why it triggered the last time, it doesn't trigger again. So, it's similar conditions, but I'm missing something.

Hopefully, the new map Fuzzy's tuner is getting will end all this nuttiness... or limpness.

Last edited by Goobers; 01-07-2014 at 03:07 PM.
Old 01-07-2014, 03:18 PM
I hope so too!!

Last edited by Fuzzyfunk; 01-07-2014 at 03:22 PM.
Old 01-07-2014, 03:37 PM
5 Year Member
Is your tuner using the "Current Tune File (Loaded before shipping.)" posted by Gary as the base for his tuning? Could the maps in it be inappropriate?

Current Tune File (Loaded before shipping.): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...elco%20Map.LDC

Last edited by Steven Hung; 01-07-2014 at 07:09 PM.
Old 01-07-2014, 03:57 PM
Yes I believe the maps we got before shipping were incorrect. That is why all of us are having the same issues. Will let you know once my tuner uploads the new one and tests the car.

Old 01-07-2014, 04:00 PM
Hey, guys. I needed to have this new map file to send around before chiming in. It has richer fuelling with less spark timing, tuned on Cali's swamp water .

So far so good with the beta tester. He'll chime in when he's ready. Church Automotive developed his tune file WITH all of his mods on the car. Some of you have mods that you can't readily undo just to make our mapping happy. It would be unfair to expect that.

For the record, the base map in the box is not "my tuning"--it's Jay's and was developed on a bone stock vehicle. Most all of you have mods, though. I suspect Church's mod tune will run better on your cars. I know how to work with the SMT unit, but won't be writing any maps any time soon.

Old 01-07-2014, 04:20 PM
Super Moderator
i hope this new map helps. so far u guys don't make it looks easy to do this.

Old 01-07-2014, 04:42 PM
Actually-do NOT think it's easy! Ever! That's when you miss something vital.

It bolts on easier than it tunes. We knew the electronics would give you some headaches and there is just no way around it. We're in here supporting our product to try and alleviate those growing pains.

Old 01-07-2014, 04:52 PM
5 Year Member
really wish Hondata would jump in & support...

Sprintex, have you guys ever contacted Hondata to possibly do a collaboration?
It would solve quite a few problems, and that support will most definitely increase sales for both companies.

Old 01-07-2014, 05:24 PM
Originally Posted by FitStir
really wish Hondata would jump in & support...

Sprintex, have you guys ever contacted Hondata to possibly do a collaboration?
It would solve quite a few problems, and that support will most definitely increase sales for both companies.
We can sell the kit as a "hardware only" setup, minus the piggyback and harness. If someone wants to dive into that adventure, the pool's open. You better know how to swim, though!

Everything in our Honda kit was developed, tested, and debugged under our own roof. That actually makes it easier to support. I don't have to punt to a third party for anything. The final tuning is necessary because your cars are all different. We could never provide a "one size fits all" map and neither could anyone else. That's just not how it works.

You're more than welcome to try it with a Hondata on your own. We just aren't prepared to support that solution ourselves.

Old 01-07-2014, 06:04 PM
5 Year Member
It would be wonderful if Hondata would jump in so potentially there would be one ECU without a piggyback. When the day comes for Hondata to have Flashpro available most of the teething pain for the early adopter using piggyback for force induction would almost be gone. I hated it when my MR2 Turbo was running with Apexi SAFC, Apexi AVCR and HKS GCC. It was nicer with an upgrade G-Force ECU and an Apexi AVCR. An AEM EMS standalone was even better. I have many choice for sensors and different sensor integrations using one box. Logging for sensors and engine parameters were a no-brainer.

What modifications are on the car that the new tune file is made for? Is it the run of the mill bolt-on intake, header and exhaust? Are there any benefits for a stock car in using the new map?

So far my car in stock form has been running great for almost two weeks with the Sprintex supercharger. Power is good especially today with the cold snap when the air intake temperature never exceeded 85°. Mileage is very decent for the power. Eventually I would have my car tune locally for bolt on that I will be installing.

Last edited by Steven Hung; 01-07-2014 at 07:10 PM.
Old 01-07-2014, 06:32 PM
5 Year Member
^ So your car is running just fine now that it has a stock airbox and exhaust? I got the impression everyone who bolted on this kit has been having issues with wiring or the stock tune or something.

Anyone running this kit in the USA without issues other than the Sprintex car?

Old 01-07-2014, 07:00 PM
5 Year Member
My car has always been stock and didn't have any running issue from day one with no CEL and no cylinder misfire. I made a custom intake that I had on the car for a couple of days but didn’t have much drive time. Time was running out before I have to return to work with a reliable daily beater commuter car. The priority was to get SMT8 logging done and to play at a later day.

Goobers's car is also stock and don't really know what is causing his problems: wiring, sensor or map file.

Last edited by Steven Hung; 01-07-2014 at 07:07 PM.

Quick Reply: Sprintex Supercharger Install