2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit.

RACELINE USA Supercharger Kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 09:05 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JDMxGE8

The list is getting bigger, but I hope not too many people flake out. Usually only half of the people who commit end up really following through. Same thing happens with meets. 30 people say they're going to go then about 15 actually show up.

I am interested but can not commit at this time. I'm sure this goes for some of the half that will "flake" out when it comes time because of the way these things are set up.

They will jump in to help the interest required just to get the ball rolling with hopes someone will finally get one done. Then purchase when able. Why not come out with a kit and then watch how many jump on it that probably did not know that it was even an idea. Some will not even commit because of past knowledge of those that took deposits and never finished the work and did not return the money. I’ve seen this in multiple communities.

The company I work for develops new products every year funded by previous work or forecasts based on demand. We are not in the automotive field but still have to compete with many others. We’ve had our failures and lost money but for the most part we have been successful enough to last 18+ years by doing our homework and taking some chances. You do know that this community is begging for something and I’m sure you’ve seen that others have come and gone with their ideas. It takes one proven product to open the flood gates. Maybe it’s time for someone to take that chance.

Old 11-19-2010, 01:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by wiona
I am interested but can not commit at this time. I'm sure this goes for some of the half that will "flake" out when it comes time because of the way these things are set up.

They will jump in to help the interest required just to get the ball rolling with hopes someone will finally get one done. Then purchase when able. Why not come out with a kit and then watch how many jump on it that probably did not know that it was even an idea. Some will not even commit because of past knowledge of those that took deposits and never finished the work and did not return the money. I’ve seen this in multiple communities.

The company I work for develops new products every year funded by previous work or forecasts based on demand. We are not in the automotive field but still have to compete with many others. We’ve had our failures and lost money but for the most part we have been successful enough to last 18+ years by doing our homework and taking some chances. You do know that this community is begging for something and I’m sure you’ve seen that others have come and gone with their ideas. It takes one proven product to open the flood gates. Maybe it’s time for someone to take that chance.
I absolutely understand what you're saying. Seems to me that people will become more interested once they see the actual result. Coming from a business standpoint, we don't want to produce "x" amount of kits and end up not selling them. It takes a lot of money to actually get the production going and we just don't want to screw ourselves over.

Old 11-19-2010, 01:49 PM
5 Year Member
Not for nothing but it is really hard to spend a butt-load on something that you can't even see or know works yet coming from the consumer standpoint. As far as the business end, i understand the hesitation because of flakers but once you have a working setup that you can prove with dyno graphs and real world test that it works, these things will sell like hot cakes, its just a matter of us saving up which is easy once we know what we are saving up for. Without sounding like a jerk because its the honest truth, the company has to take the risk first because they are the ones providing and this thread along with others is just a way for us to say yes we are interested and waiting, now it is the companies turn to go to the next step and take a plunge. If your confident you can do it and do it well there should be no doubt of making back a profit from it.

Just my $.02.

I am still on board!

Old 11-19-2010, 02:08 PM
5 Year Member
I absolutely understand what you're saying. Seems to me that people will become more interested once they see the actual result. Coming from a business standpoint, we don't want to produce "x" amount of kits and end up not selling them. It takes a lot of money to actually get the production going and we just don't want to screw ourselves over.

Ok, so make one kit then. Test it, dyno, post results, profit.

That whole process should cost you guys less than $5k.

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 11-19-2010 at 02:50 PM.
Old 11-19-2010, 02:21 PM
5 Year Member
As a business owner, and someone who has watched this kind of thing go down many times: an interest thread is not going to get you anywhere, and may even hurt you.

What people fail to realize about business sometimes is that it's all about marketing. The other things, is about how people spend money. Hit them hard and fast out of the blue when you see there is a LACK of that product in the market, and more of those "initial interest" people will actually hit the submit button on their paypal because they are so excited. I know it's risky, but the only way to be really successful.

Then spend a majority of your time promoting it and helping people see the value in your product and the gains, etc. Instead of thinking about it like "do people want a supercharger" you should be thinking of it in terms of "do people want to go faster in their GEs." The answer is a resounding yes. A supercharger is an easy sell for people with some bolt ons already, so they don't feel they've wasted some money so far. The most marketable - y'all know this.

If you cater to the picky techs and forum members, you will not be as successful as if you put something out that makes sense for your business and for our pockets. Let another company come out with something more expensive and arguably higher quality. Not saying cut corners, but if you are going to enter the market, and stay secure, your price needs to be middle of the road. Other wise someone will take your risk and then capitalize on it by offering either a better value, or a more expensive product. You can then "call out" the budget offering as being inferior quality, and tell people "well, if you are looking for high boost (turbo) then there is another kit, but it costs (more) than ours." I'm giving away the keys to the castle here guys.

edit: You HAVE to risk something to be successful. If you are afraid of losing money, then don't do it. That's the entrepreneurial way.

Last edited by hayden; 11-19-2010 at 02:23 PM.
Old 11-19-2010, 04:27 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for all the input guys.

Old 11-24-2010, 02:04 AM
5 Year Member
5 Year Member
Put me on the list......very interested.

Old 11-25-2010, 04:56 PM
5 Year Member
hows the progress on this? i'm getting pumped. i don't wanna be let down....

Old 12-03-2010, 12:50 AM
Well after reading all the posts on this thread I am interested in the SC. The problem is that I need to know the cost. I have parts I am saving up for right now but if I can get a cost estimate for this product I can decide if I want to start saving for this or not.

Old 12-04-2010, 02:33 PM
I think this is great for the guys out there with the cash in hand ready to do this and its also that someone is stepping up to fill a void...hp and torque. IMO going into business is always risky, you always put your neck out there and hope for the best, remember, Henry Ford did this 107 years ago

I'm still an active member on another site and I plunked down $1200 for a set of custom, quad projector headlights and yeah, there were those who said I want, I want, I want and when the time came to step up, they stepped back and out. I'm glad I got mine and although I'm not comparing headlights to something much more complex like a blower, it does help to have the completed kit done so everyone can see, hear, feel, taste and in general check it out and see if its for them.

I wonder if the ATX can handle more torque though and finding out could be costly, R&D isn't cheap, is it

Good luck to you on this kit!

Old 12-04-2010, 03:28 PM
ill be waiting for more info, how much is the deposit?

Old 12-04-2010, 03:29 PM
yeah , btw in totally down for this... i still have my job LOL

Old 12-04-2010, 07:22 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for all of the support you guys! There is no information about how much the kit will cost yet. Like I said before, we ar currently working on the kits for K and F-Series right now. The L-Series will come shortly afterwards. I promise to fill you guys in with any news.

Old 12-04-2010, 07:23 PM
5 Year Member
This is the updated list. If you're interested, please add yourself. Thanks.

Interested Buyers:
1. SoloDolo
2. JJIN
3. Java^FIT
4. ThEvil0nE
5. MaxSoul
6. DSC
7. angryfit
8. blackndecker

Old 12-04-2010, 10:40 PM
5 Year Member
Interested Buyers:
1. SoloDolo
2. JJIN
3. Java^FIT
4. ThEvil0nE
5. MaxSoul
6. DSC
7. angryfit
8. blackndecker
9. Sandblasted

Old 12-09-2010, 01:14 PM
Bump?!

So is this just a dream ... or i should start savin money ???

Old 12-09-2010, 02:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MaxSoul
Bump?!

It's doable. And I will do my very best to make this a reality.

Old 12-09-2010, 02:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MaxSoul
Bump?!

I would start saving.... I did so and waited what seemed like forever for the KWSC kit for my GD-3.... You will need even more after the kit is installed to upgrade your engine mounts and do other things to be able to put the added power to the ground and exploit what you will have to its fullest..... It is always a good idea to have some cash set aside because you know you will want to kick yourself if you don't have it when it is needed.... Paying interest on credit cards is a trap that you need to avoid even if you have make lifestyle changes.

Old 12-11-2010, 03:38 PM
I hope this comes to fruition. Been stalking performance communities waiting to catch word of a Turbo or SC kit in development for the GE8 that has a name/brand behind it. Knowing something is out there at least gives a goal to reach; in the mean time waiting for the car's warranty to run out.

Aggravating that Honda has nothing certified for such a fun little car.

My best wishes to you.

Edit: Checked out the RACELINEUSA.COM website; sprucing it up a bit will definitely pay off. There are some internal links that are not working on my end like the 'About Us' and 'Direction' pages.

Check if the hosting is on a Shared Grid Server. Looks like it is hosted by Go Daddy from the generated 'Oops' messages. If the site was created in 2005 you might still be on a slower legacy server. Your hosting company should be able to migrate the entire site to the grid without any additional cost.

Be sure to create a back-up!

Sincerely,

Trevor

Last edited by TaHoward; 12-11-2010 at 04:02 PM.
Old 12-13-2010, 02:03 AM
5 Year Member
It's doable. And I will do my very best to make this a reality.
Something to keep in mind if you have any say in development that would seperate this from the kraftwerks kit in terms of the stages you could offer for the kit, as well as make it more friendly on pump gas..

The rotrex units being belt driven do not quite suffer from lag in the same sense a turbo does, so instead of the little C15-60, do what Rotrex did for the Ford Fiesta 1.6L in Germany and use the >30lb/min Rotrex C30-74 or C30-94 for essentially the same price.

Same airflow, less boost means colder charge temps and more power. Colder charge means more knock resistance.

So instead of just a 5 or 10 psi kit, you could produce pulleys for 4, 8, 12, or 16psi kits with the required supporting mods. Almost all of which already exist.

All other things being equal, 4psi on the C30-74 will move more air than the C15-60 at 5psi. Because it required less compression to do so means that the air exiting the supercharger will be colder. Since that may not matter so much at only 5psi, the difference will be more pronounced at 8 v. 10 psi.

Beyond that 12 psi would be where the real impressive part shows up. Because it is a centrifugal supercharger, the only time you would see 12psi or 16psi is at redline.

Here is the dyno sheet for an untuned 1.6L Mazda Miata using a C30 Rotrex @ 15psi:

Additionally, because of the linear rate of increase in boost and airflow in Rotrex superchargers, there will be much more area under the torque curve across the board because for every 1psi increase there is more air filling the cylinders on the C30 v the C15, and that air is colder so more timing advance can be run on a given grade of gas.. This means you get more power sooner and it keeps increasing across the rev range.

To compare the compressor map from the C30-94 above to the C15-60 follow this link, bottom of page 4:
http://www.aaperf.com/docs/Rotrex_Te...Range_V4.0.pdf

Basically a 5psi C30 Fit should walk away from a 5psi C15 Fit at any part of the rev range making it more streetable and faster at the track as well.

It is important to bear in mind that centrifugal superchargers are literally belt driven turbos, which is defeating the purpose of having a supercharger (low-end and mid range grunt) but instead what you get with a rotrex is the worst of both worlds...

You have to wait till redline to get the bulk of your power (high boost threshold) and you are sapping power directly from the crank to turn the compressor instead of scavenging it from the hot exhaust gas which is otherwise just wasted energy, and a lot of energy at that.

The only real reasons someone would even bother to use one on a Fit is because it has a high compression ratio to help driving around out of boost, it is relatively easy to bolt on to a stock engine and it makes boost at high rpm only.

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 12-13-2010 at 02:40 AM.

Quick Reply: RACELINE USA Supercharger Kit