1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Can’t disarm factory alarm with spare key w/out remote - HEL

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2018, 10:56 AM
Can’t disarm factory alarm with spare key w/out remote - HELP

Hey guys,

I misplaced my main set of keys with my remote, and since then, I haven’t been able to disarm my factory alarm with the spare key using the normal methods provided in the user manual. However, the spare key DOES start the car, and there’s no key symbol stuck on the dash. The spare key is a chip key the auto sales place provides me with so the car should recognize it.

Does anyone one know how to manually disable this alarm? Is there a fuse I can pull? I don’t really want to take out the horn relay, but it might come to that until I can get to a dealer. Every time I open the doors, the alarm goes off and my neighbors hate me 😂

2007 US Honda Fit Sport

Last edited by orangefit24; 08-26-2018 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 08-27-2018, 12:09 AM
5 Year Member
You might have to reprogram the key to the car.

Try this:

https://www.hondapartsonline.net/blo...r-honda-remote

Old 08-27-2018, 12:12 AM
Even though it starts the car? I thought the car wouldn’t start if the car isn’t programmed to the key due to the immobilizer?

Old 08-27-2018, 12:27 AM
5 Year Member
If it's not programmed to the immobilizer but they might be 2 separate systems.

Does it lock the car? The battery might dead?

Old 08-27-2018, 01:08 AM
Interesting, I never thought of them as two systems. Yes, this key locks the car normally through the lock on the door (it isn’t a remote/wireless key). The battery seems to be OK. I was monitoring the battery voltage with my UltraGauge and it stayed above 12 volts for quite some time with the engine off and was able to charge my phone, etc. The car was able to start without incident.

Old 08-27-2018, 01:38 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by orangefit24
Interesting, I never thought of them as two systems. Yes, this key locks the car normally through the lock on the door (it isn’t a remote/wireless key).
Oh, its not remote unlock. Ok so you might have to clear the remote that is programmed to the locks (the key you lost). When the door is locked it is expecting a signal from the programmed key.

If you put the key in the door and turn it the opposite of unlock does it lock the doors? My Civic did this not sure if the Fit does. It might allow you you to unlock it with the key next time with no alarm.

The battery seems to be OK.
I was referring to the battery on the key but that's because I though it was wireless but it is not.

These are all guesses and hypotheses!!

Old 08-29-2018, 04:06 PM
So I went to a dealer, and it turns out the sensor in the cylinder lock was busted and hanging inside the door panel. That explains why the car wouldn't disarm but yet the interior lights would turn off when I close the door. The dealership told me I couldn't replace just the sensor because they don't carry that part anymore, but that I'd have to replace the entire cylinder for $350 plus labor. Luckily, they were understanding and were able to use a plastic zip tie to hold the sensor in place and only charged the cost of labor. Not a complete solution, but definitely the best one for me. Thanks, Scott Honda of West Chester, PA!