1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Misfire Problem followed by P0420 code

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2020, 05:14 PM
Hi I have a 2010 accord v6 had it for a year now bought it with around 70.000 miles and first month got a misfire cyl 6 dealership replaced coil pack and good for a few months then same code again this time I went online and saw that alot of people suggested checking oil level and since I had changed oil and filter just a month ealier I did not expect that to be the problem but when I checked it was nearly empty so I refilled and code went away and every time after that when I got a code again I would check the oil and add a little with good results but just last month I had my renewal of my reg for car with a smog this year so two days before I'm about to take it in I get the p0430 and after erasing it it would just come back so replaced air filter and then put in new ngk plus which I had to gap out of the box and checked the map sensor by unplugging it and huge change in engine after unplugging not for the better so then I hear about thw dmv program if u fail a required smog check and your car is a 98 or newer they will pay 1200 dollars towards fixing your car to pass smog so I run up to the smog place and I'm expecting to fail and of course it passes and the guy at the shop says its not throwing any codes and I dont anything being a problem and then it comes back the next day. I have a obvious loss of power of the line and it takes much longer to get up to speed also when going from 2 to 3 gear at low speed the would jerk and stumble but if you just push on the pedal a little harder it would go right through the stumble and drive fine but now its stumbles much more randomly and its also giving me a p0420 along with the p0430 !! Car sucks about a at of oil every thousand and last week when I checked oil it was over the max line so I changed it and it ran better for sure but not totally normal !!! Sorry to be so long with this its just I'm about to spend close to 2000 to fix it and want to be sure first any help would be much appreciated !

Old 11-23-2020, 09:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mike Davis
Hi I have a 2010 accord v6 had it for a year now bought it with around 70.000 miles and first month got a misfire cyl 6 dealership replaced coil pack and good for a few months then same code again this time I went online and saw that alot of people suggested checking oil level and since I had changed oil and filter just a month ealier I did not expect that to be the problem but when I checked it was nearly empty so I refilled and code went away and every time after that when I got a code again I would check the oil and add a little with good results but just last month I had my renewal of my reg for car with a smog this year so two days before I'm about to take it in I get the p0430 and after erasing it it would just come back so replaced air filter and then put in new ngk plus which I had to gap out of the box and checked the map sensor by unplugging it and huge change in engine after unplugging not for the better so then I hear about thw dmv program if u fail a required smog check and your car is a 98 or newer they will pay 1200 dollars towards fixing your car to pass smog so I run up to the smog place and I'm expecting to fail and of course it passes and the guy at the shop says its not throwing any codes and I dont anything being a problem and then it comes back the next day. I have a obvious loss of power of the line and it takes much longer to get up to speed also when going from 2 to 3 gear at low speed the would jerk and stumble but if you just push on the pedal a little harder it would go right through the stumble and drive fine but now its stumbles much more randomly and its also giving me a p0420 along with the p0430 !! Car sucks about a at of oil every thousand and last week when I checked oil it was over the max line so I changed it and it ran better for sure but not totally normal !!! Sorry to be so long with this its just I'm about to spend close to 2000 to fix it and want to be sure first any help would be much appreciated !
Post your question on an Accord forum. You'll get more accurate responses.