1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

NO ETANOL in BP silver grade gasoline mid NC

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 12:35 PM
5 Year Member
NO ETANOL in BP silver grade gasoline mid NC

Recently, BP has offered thei silver grade of gasoline without ethanol for those who can get there. Don't know how far that zone spreads but for those of with technical backgrounds in gas formulations its a real find.

Old 07-17-2014, 11:32 PM
You're Lucky. Don't have any gas stations in the central Texas area that have ethanol free gas.

Old 07-17-2014, 11:37 PM
5 Year Member
Are you sure? When I lived there there were Amoco stations, now BP oil and I have one conversation saying BP was going to make silver ethanol free nationwide.
I agree though, we are lucky.

Old 07-18-2014, 06:52 PM
Only resource I've checked is pure-gas.org and there aren't any on there.

Not sure if there is somewhere better to find out.

Old 07-18-2014, 10:36 PM
5 Year Member
California has the shittiest gas of them all.

Old 07-19-2014, 09:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Rollerboots666
California has the shittiest gas of them all.
Haha, was in San Diego a couple days ago, I wholeheartedly agree with you. Do they mix water or something in it as well? I went to some no-name gas station so that's probably why, lol.

Old 07-20-2014, 10:34 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ikutoisahobo
Haha, was in San Diego a couple days ago, I wholeheartedly agree with you. Do they mix water or something in it as well? I went to some no-name gas station so that's probably why, lol.

Thank the Sierra Club and allied Greenpice/ global warming advocates for the anti-petrolrum craze. Right now there are nearly a hundred differen formulations for gasoline based on advoctes for mixing ethanol in gasoline to reduce the need for using crude oil to save the planet.
Exposing gasoline to water causes it to 'dossolve' in water which is attraxcted byy ehanol. Those with experience with fuel systems know that water is not desireable constituient in fuels, not only for the loss in combustion energy but in corrosion. Water attracts coprrosive acids.

So next time you complain about etOH in gasoline figure out where the problem lies. Yes, sure, its 'global warmers', but also voters and buyers like me that insist on multi-hundred horse power cars and not many in favor of electric cars powered by soilar power generators and hybrid electric cars. I may not be a global warming proponent because of poorly done satistics (short term trends are not long term events) but I do believe that we have to work on energy efficient improvements.
Which is why I have an electric car for daily use and a hybrid for weekends. Cut my gas bill by 70%.The supercar is intended for track duty.
The Fit is an excellent compromise; a hybrid Fit is another good choice.
But global warming is not excused for its overblown predictions.