1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Bumpers- What Should I Do?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 06:14 PM
5 Year Member
Bumpers- What Should I Do?

Hey guys,

Looking for some advice and insight. I am sick of my stock bumpers and want to do something new. I've been thinking of two options. Would love to hear your input and other suggestions.

Option 1: installing OEM front and rear sport bumpers with fog lights. As I am a base model.

Option 2: install front lip on base bumper, cut out fog spots and install fogs. Not sure if leave lip black or paint to match car. For rear, just a rear lip as well.

OEM sport bumpers are hard to find used in good condition and seem to cost a lot.

Option

Old 03-14-2014, 06:18 PM
Well the good news is the Sport rear bumper is the same as the base, so that just cut your cost in half

I'd just do the base lip + fogs if you can find it, look at De36's car for inspiration, his build thread should be on the first page. It will be cheaper and you won't have to paint.

Old 03-14-2014, 06:20 PM
5 Year Member
The sport rear bumper is the same? I always thought it was different. Or can that look be achieved with a lip on the rear is what you are saying?

Old 03-14-2014, 07:07 PM
5 Year Member
Rear bumper is the same on Sport and Base, it's just a lip.

By the way, where do you plan on getting the lip (if you are)?

I was wondering if anyone has given these aftermarket/wannabeOEM parts a try, ikonmotorsports - FIT - HONDA - MAKES - Parts & Accessories

Old 03-14-2014, 07:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ikutoisahobo
Rear bumper is the same on Sport and Base, it's just a lip.

By the way, where do you plan on getting the lip (if you are)?

I was wondering if anyone has given these aftermarket/wannabeOEM parts a try, ikonmotorsports - FIT - HONDA - MAKES - Parts & Accessories
That's good then. Getting a nice look for the rear will be easy then haha. Just mount a lip.

I'm not sure where I'm going to get the parts. eBay, online somewhere. I'm looking at a JDP front lip currently and maybe fog lights from eBay that resemble the OEM fogs. Car-parts.com is a great website for OEM but a lot of the parts are in the US. Not sure where I will get my fogs of lips yet.

I will check that site out. Looks decent. I know ebay does offer some great fog lights. Or rakuten even. I have a dealer on rakuten that is always posting the fog lights. His username is something like deire or something close to that. He offers great Fit parts. Going to look into him.

Old 03-14-2014, 08:20 PM
5 Year Member
JDP doesn't make a GD front lip as far as I know. Not sure.

Also, my GD doesn't have a rear lip either lol but it's a Sport with every other moulding except that rear lip.

Old 03-14-2014, 08:27 PM
5 Year Member
Saw a sick one 2007 this morning on my way to the office. Had a nice rear lip on the sport. So dirty. Loved it.

And that's lame. Guess I have to find a new lip.

Rakuten has great deals and use tenso for shipping.

One thing I'm not looking forward to is cutting out the spots to place the fog lights. May be a bit tricky. Use to be a thread on this forum. But the pics are now all gone.

Old 03-14-2014, 08:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GinoLicious
Saw a sick one 2007 this morning on my way to the office. Had a nice rear lip on the sport. So dirty. Loved it.

And that's lame. Guess I have to find a new lip.

Rakuten has great deals and use tenso for shipping.

One thing I'm not looking forward to is cutting out the spots to place the fog lights. May be a bit tricky. Use to be a thread on this forum. But the pics are now all gone.
Cutting out the fog holes....I'd stay away from it unless you know what you're doing. One mistake and that bumper is done.

A sport bumper (unpainted) costs like 120 or something. Not sure if genuine parts though.

Old 03-14-2014, 09:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ikutoisahobo
Cutting out the fog holes....I'd stay away from it unless you know what you're doing. One mistake and that bumper is done.

A sport bumper (unpainted) costs like 120 or something. Not sure if genuine parts though.
Yeah I have seen those online. Pretty cheap. They are not directly OEM. Would they be an identical to an OEM. Reason I ask is the lips say they only mount to the factory bumper. So does that mean anything that is stock and not aftermarket including a replica bumper or would the lips fit a replica sport bumper that is not genuine OEM

Old 03-15-2014, 02:13 AM
5 Year Member
I don't see why it wouldn't fit a replica bumper. If it's OEM style replacement then there shouldn't be an issue.

Old 03-15-2014, 10:22 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the input.

Ordering my yellow fog lights from eBay soon. Lips I'm still debating on replica OEM or aftermarket. Will post pics when it's all installed and painted. Bumper will set me back roughly $160 another $50-$100 to paint. Going to be a nice transformation for the summer.

I found my OEM bumper. One down side is I'm having it shipped to a warehouse in Buffalo that I have to drive from Toronto to. Anyways here is the link for all who are curious. http://www.hondapartscheap.com/oem-p.../04711slna81zz

$159 plus shipping. Unpainted. Dealer/amazon quote this part in the $300+ range unpainted. Transforming my base into a sport real soon. Thank god it'll just bolt right on. Gonna have to pull off my type r badges and out it on the sport bumper. Will be worth it. $220-$250 I will have a sport front bumper. Yellow aftermarket fogs coming in from eBay for $35.

Last edited by GinoLicious; 03-15-2014 at 09:17 PM.
Old 03-21-2015, 12:50 AM
So you got the Sport bumper for your Base, right? I'm looking to do the same because I want to go the same route you went (I think) in adding fog lights. Rather than poke holes in the bumper which I think my Dremel and I are capable of, I want to buy a new front bumper to replace my almost 9-year old front bumper that has been scratched and rock-pitted to crap. So, after purchasing said new bumper I want to install a protective vinyl cover on it. While I'm at it, I figure I might as well add some fog lights.

My year-old thread bump question is this: how well do the eBay (or wherever you bought them from) fog lights fit in the Sport bumper?

Old 03-21-2015, 08:06 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DWils
So you got the Sport bumper for your Base, right? I'm looking to do the same because I want to go the same route you went (I think) in adding fog lights. Rather than poke holes in the bumper which I think my Dremel and I are capable of, I want to buy a new front bumper to replace my almost 9-year old front bumper that has been scratched and rock-pitted to crap. So, after purchasing said new bumper I want to install a protective vinyl cover on it. While I'm at it, I figure I might as well add some fog lights.

My year-old thread bump question is this: how well do the eBay (or wherever you bought them from) fog lights fit in the Sport bumper?
I used my base bumper. I cut out the area for the fog lights. Then installed fogs and wired them up. Never purchased a sport bumper. Made the cut out myself.

Old 03-21-2015, 01:35 PM
Did you get aftermarket or OEM fog lights?

Old 03-21-2015, 02:04 PM
5 Year Member
I have an OEM base bumper. I bought aftermarket fog lights from ebay for roughly $60. There are several lights being sold. They are all about the same. And I have a DIY how to wire them.