1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Cargo Covers form ebay?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2014, 03:13 PM
Cargo Covers form ebay?

Has anyone here bought one of these Cargo Covers from ebay. If so, any issues with them? I don't think they are factory covers. For the price though, I think I'm going to pick one up.

Honda Fit Jazz 07 08 Original Style Replacement Retractable Black Cargo Cover | eBay

Old 03-11-2014, 06:20 PM
5 Year Member
yep, I just did last week. It is nice that the price is half what they want at the dealer.

Old 03-11-2014, 06:39 PM
5 Year Member
I would personally first look around on the for sale threads to make sure no one else is selling it since you can get it for cheaper than retail and have the real thing.

That being said, it looks like a decent replacement for the Honda one. The cargo cover is one of the best investments I made for my car. I can store things in my cargo area without people looking in and seeing what I have and I can hide things back there so the rest of my car looks clean.

Old 03-14-2014, 02:26 PM
5 Year Member
One hand operation is much easier!

fridge, did you already order your cargo cover? I personally have the Genuine Honda cargo cover. My Son needed one, so he ordered the cover that you are referring to. Both covers do the job. The OEM might be a slight bit more robust as far as quality. As for usability, the eBay unit is much easier to use, as it has a "cut out" for "one-hand" usage. The OEM pretty much requires 2 hands, with a rather firm grip to use. The "cut out" does allow prying eyes to get a tiny glimpse of your hidden cargo, however the sampling is very small. I also have tinted windows, so it is difficult to tell what is in the cargo area. If I ever needed to replace mine, I would prolly go with the lower cost offering next time. I will keep an eye on how well my Son's cover holds up, and will report back if he has any issues. I've been using my cover for about 8 years, so I can say that the OEM cover is of great quality.

Last edited by macbuddy; 03-14-2014 at 02:29 PM.
Old 03-14-2014, 10:28 PM
Yes, ordered it yesterday. Thanks for the info. Looking forward to receiving it.

Originally Posted by macbuddy
fridge, did you already order your cargo cover? I personally have the Genuine Honda cargo cover. My Son needed one, so he ordered the cover that you are referring to. Both covers do the job. The OEM might be a slight bit more robust as far as quality. As for usability, the eBay unit is much easier to use, as it has a "cut out" for "one-hand" usage. The OEM pretty much requires 2 hands, with a rather firm grip to use. The "cut out" does allow prying eyes to get a tiny glimpse of your hidden cargo, however the sampling is very small. I also have tinted windows, so it is difficult to tell what is in the cargo area. If I ever needed to replace mine, I would prolly go with the lower cost offering next time. I will keep an eye on how well my Son's cover holds up, and will report back if he has any issues. I've been using my cover for about 8 years, so I can say that the OEM cover is of great quality.