1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

07 Fit Sport Map Light Install?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 07:29 PM
07 Fit Sport Map Light Install?

I've searched a few threads on here but didn't really find a clear answer so I figured one of you fellow boardies could point me in the correct direction.

I will be attempting to install a map light in a 2007 Honda Fit Sport. I purchased a Honda Element map light housing and the corresponding lenses. I've read in one of the threads that there are mouting points already on the roof and I would prefer to follow that method. I took off the rear view mirror and attempted to remove the grey foam block on the headliner in order to try to eyeball the correct place to cut out a hole in the liner but I wasn't able to remove the foam.

I'm basically looking for a template or measurement that will allow me to find the exact place to start a cut out. Do any of you have tips for the install or pictures that could give me more guidance?

Old 10-17-2013, 10:14 PM
5 Year Member
Been posted already my friend. Here ya go: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/gene...ll-w-pics.html hopefully it's what you were looking for (y)

Old 10-17-2013, 10:43 PM
Thanks for your quick reply. That is one of the threads I've looked over before and I've read over a few of them. I thought one of them mentioned pre-existing holes beneath the headliner that you could mount to instead of letting tension keep the map light in place.

I definitely want to do this one time and install it correctly. That thread that you linked was a little out dated and I was just curious if anything has changed since that time. Better pics or perhaps a measurement of the exact distance from the rear view mirror so that I can start my cut.

Here is another thread I was looking at:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...map-light.html

Last edited by cgaud; 10-17-2013 at 10:53 PM.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:50 PM
5 Year Member
Hmmm. Did you try browsing honda tech forums?

If not. It seems like the dude almost went in blind to do the cut. You may have to do the same. It is a nice mod though. And would be real handy. I remember my 05 civic lx had those and I loved em. Added more light. Always a pain to use the dome light. Doesn't add enough light.

Old 10-20-2013, 02:48 PM
^^^
I figured to check this forum first because it is model specific but perhaps I can search there too.

The dome light is too far back and casts too many shadows. I was definitely hoping that more people had done this mod because it seems to be more useful than most other mods. I replaced the dome light bulbs with leds but it didn't seem to help much.