1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

08 honda fit sport transmission issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 01:16 PM
08 honda fit sport transmission issues

hi i have been to a bunch of threads but this thing hasnt been talked about so i am opening this thread.have googled but nothing came up for honda fits buthave a similar problem with a different car.

"ok car is a 95 integra LS automatic. When I'm at a stop light, with my foot on the brakes, the car jerks as if I'm giving it gas, then lets off. Has this happened to anybody? It does this too when I'm driving at low rpms. I am clueless as to what this could be...electrical, tranny, etc. I have no check engine light either. Any help would be deeply appreciated. "

i have the exact problem as this guy and im not too sure if its normal for a fit.i have 93k miles on my car.would appreciate an answer asap so i can bring my car back to the dealer which i bought 2 weeks ago..thanks!

Old 12-10-2012, 01:40 PM
Hopefully, you're bringing your car back to the dealer regardless of whether or not anyone else has the same problem.

Old 12-10-2012, 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by CTCT
Hopefully, you're bringing your car back to the dealer regardless of whether or not anyone else has the same problem.
i will but i want to find out whats wrong with it first..any ideas?

Old 12-10-2012, 07:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cheanko
i will but i want to find out whats wrong with it first..any ideas?

Vehicle idle circuit needs to be checked as well as air intake system, both air filter and MAF circuit.
Spark plugs and coil packs toio.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:45 PM
Originally Posted by mahout
Vehicle idle circuit needs to be checked as well as air intake system, both air filter and MAF circuit.
so its not the transmission thats messed up?i think they already changed the air filter the spark plugs since they do tune ups before they sell the car.

Old 12-10-2012, 10:19 PM
found a thread with the same problem but for GE's but no answer?

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...tml#post925993

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...king-stop.html

so is this just normal?

Old 12-11-2012, 02:59 PM
The description is too vague to diagnose via the internet -- could be any number of things from complex and expensive to easy and cheap, or it could be something normal that you're not used to (A/C cycling?). Knowing the car's prior history would be helpful. As a first step, I'd simply take it back and have the dealer look into it.

Old 12-12-2012, 02:34 PM
Originally Posted by mahout
Don't mean to be nit-picky: I think idle circuit is embedded in the PCU and not changeable. Air filter, unless it's 100% clogged should have no affect at idle since little air is flowing into the engine anyway.

Lastly, just FYI, Fits have a MAP, manifold pressure sensor, not a MAF, mass airflow sensor. The PCU uses the MAP sensor along with a temperature and engine rpm to determine incoming air density. A MAF uses a MAP, temperature, and measured air flow through the MAF to determine air density. The latter is more accurate but more expensive to put in cars.