1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

A'Pex i. Air intake

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 06:55 PM
5 Year Member
A'Pex i. Air intake

Hey guys,

I'm on a tight budget for my lovely fit and I really want to get a new intake to couple with my Megan Racing exhaust header (helping her breathe easier). I saw this nice and simple looking A'Pexi one and wondered if anyone else had one that they liked.

On another note, if you do have this intake (or any other kind) do you have to "reflash" the ECU or do anything with the computers? I'm pretty sure the pipe dimensions are the same diameter, but there is still more air going into the engine so I didn't know.

Any help would be awesome, thanks!

Old 09-15-2012, 08:30 PM
5 Year Member
I've never seen anyone selling an A'Pexi intake. But it you want something simple, good and inexpensive, just pick up a Fujita SRI. I switched from a T1R to a Fujita. I'll admit. I like the looks of the T1R better, but the Fujita seemed to make the car run smoother. Also the filters will be easier to find.

You do have to disconnect and remove your battery to replace the intake. So once everything is back together and your battery is hooked up, start the car and let it run until the fan comes on. By then your computer will have reset itself and be working fine. You will also have to enter your security code in the radio if you have the OEM deck installed still.

Old 09-17-2012, 02:45 PM
5 Year Member
Hey thanks man!
I just saw an independent study over 6 different air filters used on Cai's and they said the Apex inc. Performed the best and had theeast amount of particulate going through the filter. It also provided the biggest HP gains.

Thanks for the help on the batter thing too, I'm so glad I don't have to take my baby to a tuning shop after I put this baby on.

Old 09-25-2012, 12:24 PM
5 Year Member
i actually have the Apex i power intake and really like it. i got rid of my first CAI because i didnt like the fitment and performance especially with the short ram attachment. The Apex i also bolts down with brackets to the stock location and is very sturdy. My old intake would drone and i would lose a little low end power. The Apex i does not have any of those issues and like you said i also read that indendent test but after i already bought it...lol. I highly recommmed the Apex i and the only negative will be is that you will need to buy a new filter once it becomes dirty. Hope this helps.