1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

New to me 08 Fit

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 10:56 PM
2 8
New to me 08 Fit

ok... well new to my sister, but I found it and bought it. She is picking it up in a couple weeks.

It is an 08 with 24,000 miles. Manual trans.

Was there a sport model and a base model? This one seems to have no options... were there factory options?

This one also has honda 16" factory performance wheels. What kind of package is that and what else did it come with? It has fog lights as well.

It has the front spoiler, but no other spoilers or side skirts. Is that uncommon?

Are these factory wheels sought after? I am thinking it would be better to trade them for some 15" alloys for less harsh ride and cheaper tires.

I was looking into keyless entry, I saw some gen2 how-to's, but haven't looked into it any further yet. I would also like to add the factory aux port for the radio.

Old 08-24-2012, 06:10 AM
5 Year Member
Take a look at my 2008 Fit Sport web page at this link Rod's Honda Fit page , it will help answer most of your questions.
-Rod

Old 08-24-2012, 09:08 AM
2 8
Originally Posted by rodpaine
Take a look at my 2008 Fit Sport web page at this link Rod's Honda Fit page , it will help answer most of your questions.
-Rod
It looks like a nice website, but it didn't answer if the honda performance wheels are stock or not or why this fit has a front spoiler, but no side skirts, rear spoiler or upper rear spoiler.

Old 08-24-2012, 09:37 AM
5 Year Member
They were an optional extra available at the dealership.

As to whether your car is a sport, with the lack of sides/rear lip/rear wing I would assume its a base, but it has foglights which suggest sport.

Does it have cruise control or an AUX input down by the cup holders? If so, its most likely a sport model.

As to whether the wheels are valuable or not, not hugely valuable, most I'd pay is a couple hundred.

Old 08-24-2012, 09:39 AM
2 8
Originally Posted by mike410b
They were an optional extra available at the dealership.

As to whether your car is a sport, with the lack of sides/rear lip/rear wing I would assume its a base, but it has foglights which suggest sport.

Does it have cruise control or an AUX input down by the cup holders? If so, its most likely a sport model.

As to whether the wheels are valuable or not, not hugely valuable, most I'd pay is a couple hundred.

I know the car is a base, I am just wondering why it has fogs and front spoiler.

Old 08-24-2012, 10:29 AM
5 Year Member
cause they were dealer installed options?

anyone can install any part..it doesnt have to come with the car from the factory to be there.

Old 08-24-2012, 10:58 AM
2 8
Originally Posted by NIGHTHAWKSI
cause they were dealer installed options?

anyone can install any part..it doesnt have to come with the car from the factory to be there.
Really, I had no idea. So even after the car is sold from a dealer someone else can change the car? Wow, thanks for your wisdom.

What I am asking is if these cars ever came from the factory with a sports lip and fog lights. I don't see a dealer adding just the front spoiler and fogs.

Old 08-24-2012, 11:04 AM
5 Year Member
How spoon fed do you feel a need to be?

Old 08-24-2012, 11:07 AM
Originally Posted by 2 8
What I am asking is if these cars ever came from the factory with a sports lip and fog lights.
No it wasn't.

The previous owner probably added it, or had it installed at the dealership along with the wheels. It is entirely possible that when the car was purchased the buyer asked the dealer to add the bumper, foglights, and wheels and include the cost in purchase. Or they could have been DIY additions. Maybe the dealership can tell you if they have records of the work?

They don't usually sell "Mugen Fits" at the dealership, but you can purchase all the Mugen accessories with the car and have them install it. Same sort of thing.

Old 08-24-2012, 11:09 AM
2 8
Originally Posted by mike410b
How spoon fed do you feel a need to be?
Several users have responded, but no one has answered any questions. Typical for a forum, but still disappointing.

Old 08-26-2012, 09:10 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2 8
Really, I had no idea. So even after the car is sold from a dealer someone else can change the car? Wow, thanks for your wisdom.

What I am asking is if these cars ever came from the factory with a sports lip and fog lights. I don't see a dealer adding just the front spoiler and fogs.
I didn't read through all the responses because it looked like some members were starting to be.....oh never mind.

The Fit is sold in two trims. Base and Sport. The Base does have a front spoiler from the factory but no fog lights and the Sport also has a rear spoiler above the window which yours clearly does not. So in my opinion, you have a Base Fit with fog lights installed by the previous owner.

Hope that helps.