1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Oh Hail

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 08:20 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Oh Hail

Well, not that we have had it easy. Last Friday night a really severe storm passed through WV and took off our power. We are in a heat wave that saw temperatures in the 95 to 100 range which meant the house was like an oven. We rode it out until Saturday and had to leave and stay with a relative. It was hard being in a different home and being out of sorts. I had a longer drive to work and back plus the baby Fit was outside all night. Today, we got power back and I went down to pick up my mother and bring her home. It looked like rain but by the time we got 2 miles from home it hit. Wind, rain and yes hail! Not too big size but intense. I tried to swing into a local car wash but all the bays were filled with junky work vans and older cars - I am like OK great.

So we drive through high water and get home where the car goes into the garage while it is still raining pea size hail. I did not even know it was going to storm like this but will know more in the morning if there is any permanent damage. Can't believe it escaped any dents or dings as bad as it was. Mom and I are home and happy to be back with power on. Thankful for the things that matter and the Fit can be fixed - that is why I have insurance! Hope everyone that was hit by this storm is getting back to normal. Anyone else experience a hail storm in your Fit - any stories of damage and how bad it was?

Last edited by Cat; 07-03-2012 at 08:22 PM.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Cat
Thankful for the things that matter and the Fit can be fixed - that is why I have insurance!
DEFINITELY! Good to know all's good Cat! I know how dear that show car is to you but in the end... you said it! Take care!

Old 07-03-2012, 08:37 PM
Bummer. Somehow I've avoided all the hail this year. :::knocks on some wood:::

Old 07-04-2012, 06:20 AM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
I will try to get it cleaned up today and in the sunlight to see if there was any damage. Our paint is so soft and the car itself easy to ding so I am
hoping for the best but expecting the worse. Well at least if our showing
years are behind us we have 23 trophies to look at with pride and I had plan to retire it after this year anyway. Maybe it will require a whole new paint job and I can continue showing for another year or so! LOL!

Old 07-04-2012, 10:15 AM
5 Year Member
^^^ In my experience, "pea-size" hail will not cause dents.

But you are wise to check it, anyway.