1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

i'm the new guy so show me the love ppl!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 12:39 PM
i'm the new guy so show me the love ppl!

hi!!
well im setting up this account for my fiance cause she has an first gen 08 fit that she loves. i personally own and have built my 00 civic si. well she wants to do some things to her fit and ill be the machanic lol

just ordered her 8k HiDs should be here fri. and then this week and next im ordering tires for the gt3's i got her and all i have to do now is repaint them to her liking lol but that wont be to hard.

oh and i work at honda
thx for the welcome!

Old 01-11-2012, 02:15 PM
5 Year Member
welcome aboard! sounds like its fresh and clean. In for pics of fit and said wife. lol I keed. I want to see your built SI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-11-2012, 03:15 PM
5 Year Member
I love you man.... I hope that when you are married your soon to be wife decides she needs clothes and jewelry and you both need mini vans.

Old 01-11-2012, 06:57 PM
Putting HID bulbs into standard housings, oohhh, no love for you dude, glare machine.

Old 01-12-2012, 04:26 AM
Super Moderator
Welcome to FF. Defiantly post up pics of the Si and Fit

Old 01-12-2012, 09:20 PM
Pictures or it didn't happen! J/k welcome to the forum. I am new here myself but I don't have a fit yet but am looking.

Old 01-12-2012, 09:27 PM
5 Year Member
what all those others said...

welcome

Old 01-12-2012, 10:48 PM
5 Year Member
welcome! cant wait to see the pics of the civic and the fit!

Old 01-13-2012, 01:11 PM
haha wow guys thx for all the comments didnt expect that lol but anywho ill post up some pics of the si and i think i have one of the fit on photobucket lol ill see what i can do and at work rihg tnow so they will be iphone pics lol

so stay tuned

Old 01-13-2012, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by micven55
Putting HID bulbs into standard housings, oohhh, no love for you dude, glare machine.
why the glare? lol i got the dual hids so it will have high and low beams lol

Old 01-13-2012, 01:16 PM
5 Year Member
Welcome and have fun with the Fit...sounds like a blank canvas.

Old 01-13-2012, 01:37 PM
here is the Fit!!!
Name:  IMG_1279.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  131.0 KB
this was back when i was building my k swapped teg last year lol only pic i have of her

Name:  61de4d41.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  110.7 KB
here is a pic of the si the day i got it back in aug. pretty much stock, oem lips and retarded wheels stock 4 lugs etc... lots of stuff screwed up lol

Name:  63a5b8b5.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  17.6 KB
after tint and 5 lug swap with the p1's, ep3 seats. and all audio replaced.

dont have a resent picture lol since this pic i have fixed the front lip put the wheel decals back on got new front grill and got 8th gen si emblems on front and rear, recleared rear taillights, and got new exhaust, still building the itr c5 motor to put in this month. lol ill have a resent one up soon lol.

Old 01-17-2012, 06:49 PM
Originally Posted by orange_fit
why the glare? lol i got the dual hids so it will have high and low beams lol
orange_fit, the light pattern from a HID and a regular halogen are completely different, putting a HID bulb in a reflector designed for a specific halogen bulb will result in a light pattern nothing like the original designer intended. You'll have light and dark patterns and will most likely blind the oncoming drivers. All OEM HIDs use projector lenses, and even if you put a HID bulb in a projector lens design for a halogen bulb your light pattern will be wrong. If you think you can see better you're just kidding yourself and you're pissing off a lot of other drivers.

Old 01-17-2012, 08:30 PM
5 Year Member
. If you think you can see better you're just kidding yourself and you're pissing off a lot of other drivers.
I agree that you would piss off other drivers as the light pattern is not correct. However, you can still see much better. We live in the mountains and there is no such thing as street lights. The factory lights in the Fit were downright dangerous. With HID heads and fogs we can see much, much better. That is simply because of the greater light output. Is it focused? NO, not at all! However, that actually helps up here where we are watching for deer. Our good friends have a Maxima with factory HID's and the focused beam actually decreases the complete visual fields total light. Their lights are focused just to the right and only stay in a small patern. Ours light the entire area in front of the car.

So, yes, HID's in housings designed for halogen bulbs do piss off other drivers and cast light in different directions, but they do put off a TON of extra light.

Old 01-17-2012, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by GAFIT
I agree that you would piss off other drivers as the light pattern is not correct. However, you can still see much better. We live in the mountains and there is no such thing as street lights. The factory lights in the Fit were downright dangerous. With HID heads and fogs we can see much, much better. That is simply because of the greater light output. Is it focused? NO, not at all! However, that actually helps up here where we are watching for deer. Our good friends have a Maxima with factory HID's and the focused beam actually decreases the complete visual fields total light. Their lights are focused just to the right and only stay in a small patern. Ours light the entire area in front of the car.

So, yes, HID's in housings designed for halogen bulbs do piss off other drivers and cast light in different directions, but they do put off a TON of extra light.
To each his own I guess. By the way I'm the guy turning on his brights and leaving them on, cause I know you can't dim those things.

Old 01-17-2012, 08:52 PM
5 Year Member
To each his own I guess. By the way I'm the guy turning on his brights and leaving them on, cause I know you can't dim those things.
I'm the guy that can't tell if your headlights are even on

Old 01-18-2012, 10:23 AM
5 Year Member
IMO, which is sometimes wrong, anything is better than halogen :\

Old 01-18-2012, 12:12 PM
orange_fit, the light pattern from a HID and a regular halogen are completely different, putting a HID bulb in a reflector designed for a specific halogen bulb will result in a light pattern nothing like the original designer intended. You'll have light and dark patterns and will most likely blind the oncoming drivers. All OEM HIDs use projector lenses, and even if you put a HID bulb in a projector lens design for a halogen bulb your light pattern will be wrong. If you think you can see better you're just kidding yourself and you're pissing off a lot of other drivers.

well what do you suggest i do then?

Old 01-18-2012, 12:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by orange_fit
well what do you suggest i do then?

He's going to suggest that you either stick with halogen or do a "retrofit" where a projector style headlight from a different car is installed in your headlight housing. If you so a search on here, you will find people that have done their own and people who offer to do them for others. You can also google it and find companies that offer ther service and/or parts for the job.

Old 01-18-2012, 12:28 PM
lol i figured this would all turn into so sort of arguement, thanks for the imput good or bad

Quick Reply: i'm the new guy so show me the love ppl!