1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

New owner of Fit Sport

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 08:08 AM
New owner of Fit Sport

Hi everyone. New owner here but kind of bummed I had to settle for a slow automatic
I have a jdm k20a sitting in the garage waiting to be swapped in but I'm thinking of trading this for a manual transmission fit if I can find one out there.. they seem kind of rare. Anyway hope to meet some cool people here and learn more about this neat car.

Old 01-04-2012, 01:31 PM
Hi AslowmaticFIT,
Since I am new to the Fit and the forum, I'll say a "Welcome". We happened to get a manual transmission Sport Fit, and so glad. The salesman asked why I was only interested in manual transmission vehicles, and I said, you only have to go up a hill to find out the answer to that question, unless you have an automatic v8. I also seem to get nauseous in automatics when being driven by a normal driver who tends to drive fast and stop fast, as the gears go through their jerky changes, ugh.
Safina

Old 01-04-2012, 04:09 PM
Yep, we have MT 08 Fit Sport and am glad we found the Manual Trans. The Sales people don't understand when you want a MT! They are used to lazy people that really don't enjoy the driving experience of MT. Look around and you can find your Manual Trans Fit Sport.

Old 01-05-2012, 07:25 AM
Originally Posted by sponger
Yep, we have MT 08 Fit Sport and am glad we found the Manual Trans. The Sales people don't understand when you want a MT! They are used to lazy people that really don't enjoy the driving experience of MT. Look around and you can find your Manual Trans Fit Sport.
I looked for months and couldn't find a manual sport model.
Also the used ones are so expensive in manual or auto so I finally bit on this one since they were asking book value at least.

I've been using the sport mode with paddle shifter and it hasn't been that bad! Of course not nearly as responsive as a manual but better than nothing.

Old 01-05-2012, 07:59 AM
Good man. I am glad you are able to use the paddle shifter for the time being. Don't give up your search for the manual trans - look for a private owner like craigslist, that is where I found the manual fit sport. And, the owner was an honest individual and we got a great deal! The dealer never had a manual either when I went there! Good luck man!
Also, you can look on here at FitFreak and find some used Fits for sale. I found a couple but they were not M/T.

Last edited by sponger; 01-05-2012 at 08:04 AM.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:48 PM
Hi sponger and AslowmaticFIT,
I've often noticed most car dealerships are located in flat areas, if they have a choice, as one often won't find out the umph of a car when going up a hill. It is one of the ways I gauge a 4 cylinder.

Funny, when I was doing as search for Fit service manual, the search engine brought up a hit from Craigslist for silver manual tran. one up Chicago way at bluebook cost. Of course, one of the conveniences of ours, though a bit costlier than bluebook, was that it was located at a nearby dealership and we only had a week to look for a car. But now I know craigslist is a good place to find one.
Safina