1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Stinger SPV-35 battery

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 04:38 PM
Stinger SPV-35 battery

Hey everyone! Hope I am not beating a dead horse but couldn't find anything while perusing the threads.

Does anyone know if the Stinger SPV-35 battery will fit in a 2008 Fit with a Zero 1000 Power Chamber Intake? I would like to replace my stock battery with something more powerful.

Oh, on a side note, I replaced my stock springs with the lowering springs from Progressive Technologies and replaced the struts and shocks with the Tokico Blue ones. The result is a Fit that sits a little more than an inch lower all the way around, rides almost like stock until you load the suspension. It tightens up in the blink of an eye and handles like a slot car. I can highly recommend this setup to anyone wanting an almost stock appearance and ride with great handling and ground clearance.

Thanks all, Darryl

Old 04-29-2011, 08:15 PM
5 Year Member
I just replaced my stock battery with a larger than stock battery. Sorry, can't remember the size but they were able to squeeze it in minus the battery pan and cover. Although I'd be happy with Honda's battery if I could have bought it for the same price as I did the larger $75 battery.

Old 04-30-2011, 08:32 AM
If you want to increase starter strength or battery life, personally i would get a dry cell battery with a grounding kit and the HKS Twin Power DLI II. That would give you the advantage of a LIGHTER battery(lighter is better) and it would ground your whole engine and free up some more horse power. The DLI II will increase your spark and help u burn fuel more efficiently and also add a bit of HP(although maybe not my a HUGE and overly noticable amount)....but thats what i would do...

Old 04-30-2011, 12:42 PM
Thanks for the info. What size, make of dry cell should I use. Also what is the grounding kit you are describing? Not sure what these do.

Darryl

Old 04-30-2011, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by ernesto1
Thanks for the info. What size, make of dry cell should I use. Also what is the grounding kit you are describing? Not sure what these do.

Darryl

Batteries for the 2007-2008 Honda Fit | Password JDM = Battery and mount kit

2007 Honda Fit HKS Circle Earth Grounding System = grounding kit

and a grounding kit actually grounds all the extra voltage running thru your motor. it redirects it to the battery or ignition system and improves the amount of spark created by the ignition system. if you have unharnessed voltage running in the motor, the alternator has to work harder to make enough electricity for all the electronics in the car. once you free up the alternator, your engines doesnt work as hard just to keep running and so there is more horsepower to the wheels...its complicated but it works