1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Wind/Rain Deflectors??

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 12:04 PM
Question Wind/Rain Deflectors??

Hilooooo
I keep seeing fits with these. I think they would be nice and would be useful for me... What kind do you people have? I see a bunch of diff. brands/etc. on the web, I want to get some good ones.... let me knowwwwww.
Thanks

Old 04-27-2011, 12:29 PM
5 Year Member
Most GD owners usually get either the Honda Access Slim Visors, Mugen Visors, or some replica of them/ebay visor.

I have the Slim Visors and think are the best looking visor available for the GD chassis if you want a factory look since they flow with the roof line above the doors. In addition to that, they also reduce the buffeting wind noise when rear windows are down. The only draw back is that they are a little hard to clean if you have large hands and don't want to roll down your window to clean behind them; so you'll have to come back later with a shammy, roll the windows down, and clean both the visors and windows.

Mugen Visors are another popular choice. I haven't had any experience with these particualar visors nor do I know how easy they are to clean; but, from what I've read (open to corrections) they are designed to vacuum fresh air in when the window is open in the area covered by the visor and not allow water in somehow.

Old 04-30-2011, 08:37 AM
Originally Posted by Hootie
Most GD owners usually get either the Honda Access Slim Visors, Mugen Visors, or some replica of them/ebay visor.

I have the Slim Visors and think are the best looking visor available for the GD chassis if you want a factory look since they flow with the roof line above the doors. In addition to that, they also reduce the buffeting wind noise when rear windows are down. The only draw back is that they are a little hard to clean if you have large hands and don't want to roll down your window to clean behind them; so you'll have to come back later with a shammy, roll the windows down, and clean both the visors and windows.

Mugen Visors are another popular choice. I haven't had any experience with these particualar visors nor do I know how easy they are to clean; but, from what I've read (open to corrections) they are designed to vacuum fresh air in when the window is open in the area covered by the visor and not allow water in somehow.

Actually, i have heard the same thing about the visors. I think the principal is that they change the aerodynamics around the windows to prevent buffeting and keep water out at speed. Personally i thik the Mugen visors are nicer...nothing against the slim visors but i think the Mugen visor offers a bit more JDM flare...

Old 04-30-2011, 11:11 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dled1286
Actually, i have heard the same thing about the visors. I think the principal is that they change the aerodynamics around the windows to prevent buffeting and keep water out at speed. Personally i thik the Mugen visors are nicer...nothing against the slim visors but i think the Mugen visor offers a bit more JDM flare...
Yeah, thats what I thought about the Mugens. But I'm sure the other visors would do the same provided that you keep the window's opening protected by the visor.

I've never been a fan of the Mugen visors, I feel that they look rather misplaced on the GD due to their structural lines conflicting with the car's window lines but thats just me though. Different strokes for different folks.

Old 04-30-2011, 11:58 AM
Originally Posted by Hootie
Yeah, thats what I thought about the Mugens. But I'm sure the other visors would do the same provided that you keep the window's opening protected by the visor.

I've never been a fan of the Mugen visors, I feel that they look rather misplaced on the GD due to their structural lines conflicting with the car's window lines but thats just me though. Different strokes for different folks.

Dido...im just into jdm styling. like i REALLY want the JDM exterior GD3 conversion....but i gotta come up with the $5k to do it...lol

Old 04-30-2011, 12:07 PM
5 Year Member
It's nice to crack the window open a little bit when it's pouring outside.
Keeps the car dry and adds a nice aerodynamic look.

Mine are the GE JDM Mugen version, look nice and keep the look clean.

Old 05-03-2011, 03:21 PM
coolio... thanks guys, i think i like the honda access ones... no offense to the mugen ones.. but i think they look a tad cleaner..
i am going to hit up my car guys to order some for me asap...

Old 05-03-2011, 03:28 PM
5 Year Member
honda access slim visors are the best. Stay away from the crappy 3m tape on ones.

Old 05-03-2011, 04:18 PM
Originally Posted by dled1286
Dido...im just into jdm styling. like i REALLY want the JDM exterior GD3 conversion....but i gotta come up with the $5k to do it...lol
The GD has only two sets of real visors available. Mugen set and JDM set. Mugen is mugen not JDM. What is being called "Honda Slim" in this thread is actually the JDM Versions. Honda did not make a OEM visor for our GD. ONly the GE got this luxery. So in short the "Slim version" is the real JDM. Mugen is just Mugen, not JDM.

I myself am a JDM nut. I went with the Real JDM slim visors as well as many other JDM goodies. So go with the slims for real JDM look.

Last edited by Bthasht; 05-03-2011 at 04:21 PM.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:26 PM
5 Year Member
Over in the UK we tend to fit Clim Air deflectors to the front window frame - really well made but only for the GD range last time I looked into the subject

Old 05-05-2011, 05:02 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
i too run the mugen visors. been great even after 3yrs. i was worried i'd accidentally crack it in the winter time while scraping the ice off the windows, but no issue.

Old 05-05-2011, 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by kenchan
i too run the mugen visors. been great even after 3yrs. i was worried i'd accidentally crack it in the winter time while scraping the ice off the windows, but no issue.

Cant beat JDM/Mugen quality!

Old 05-06-2011, 09:53 AM
5 Year Member
Hands down go with the Mugen's!!!

Old 05-06-2011, 11:44 AM
5 Year Member
i debated getting the mugen visors. Went with the jdm slim ones instead. Thought it looked a lot cleaner and oem.

Old 05-06-2011, 05:18 PM
5 Year Member
Weathertech also makes them, which go inside the window frame. They look pretty cool, no tape required and come out easily enough if you A: want to sell them, or B: want to take them out to do the thurough cleaning.

They make great products, I have their lasercut floormats and they are awesome. Way better then oem floormats

www.weathertech.com