1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Stolen!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 12:27 AM
Originally Posted by tblue32
That's crazy, cause I was at the Dealership last week on Friday the 4th picking up some transmission fluid and I saw a car exactly like yours with the red coloring on the grill! and some stickers on the side skirts. It was parked by the service managers windows. WOW that is crazy i could swear this was your car? In any event I'm sorry to hear that. I'll keep in eye out in this area. Believe me if I see it i'll let you know ASAP. (and my girlfriend thinks i'm paranoid cause i'll always checking my car out the window, i'm gonna show her this post in the mor'nin)
that was prob me... or before i picked it up... in TO right? my car was stolen on saturday night/sunday morning... and they found it this morning around 3am...

Name:  0ac3ba6e.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  88.3 KB
Name:  0573a224.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  85.7 KB
Name:  49eb2ded.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  66.2 KB
Name:  0b8ae7b6.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  71.7 KB

Idk who's playe this is but it was inside along with other stuff that all belonged to women...
Name:  6121ed71.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  55.1 KB
Name:  eb29e835.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  48.1 KB
Name:  d3955107.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  84.8 KB
Name:  c81c8b3c.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  93.0 KB
Name:  d7c2c3b5.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  79.9 KB
Name:  2094f056.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  85.4 KB
Name:  f89dc00a.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  100.6 KB
Name:  f89dc00a.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  100.6 KB
Name:  8d7806ed.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  73.8 KB

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
f89dc00a.jpg (100.6 KB, 37 views)
Old 03-08-2011, 12:36 AM
5 Year Member
Holy shit, that could not have turned out worse! Did they find any clues to who did it? This looks like there was a really crazy story behind it...it even looks like it was flipped over. Sorry for your bad luck.

Old 03-08-2011, 12:52 AM
damn. too bad the roof didnt cave in on the other side, trapping the thief or worse (better?) smushing them. Sorry about your loss man, definitely looks like the thief is feeling some major injuries either way.

Old 03-08-2011, 12:55 AM
yeah the chp officer says it was flipper. it was found on the bradford or bradley on interstate 5. sadly, in LA there's too much other shit going on that this is a very small case for them. no one was hurt, not that they know of. the owner of the car (me) isnt hurt and the insurance will take it from here.. so the cops are not gonna do much more.

i do how ever have personal stuff that i think belongs to the ppl that were in my car... like clothes, cell phone, receipt from wallgreens at 130 am on the morning it was found. so im gonna see what i can scrounge up... im gonna find these bitches.

Old 03-08-2011, 12:58 AM
The reciepts will help ya get there pics. I'm sure walgreens will help out

Old 03-08-2011, 01:49 AM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
holy shit dude. fucking crackhead out for a joyride or what? i wonder if anybody was badly injured enough to go to the hospital.

Old 03-08-2011, 02:38 AM
5 Year Member
was report taken by CHP or LAPD? if CHP took a report then just let it go. they dont do detective work. if LAPD took a report for the crash or stolen, give them all the papers and property that was not yours. they can use it as evidence against the suspects. let them recover video or whatever.

chances are who ever stole your ride.... is pretty jacked up, im sure they visited a hospital after that crash.

Old 03-08-2011, 03:58 AM
5 Year Member
sucks, dude. On the bright side, it looks like you'll be able to get a new fit w/ the insurance money!

Old 03-08-2011, 04:16 AM
Damn man, reading this post brought back some really bad memories for me. I can completely related to this and know exactly how you feel. Same thing happened to my baby about 5 years ago. It was an EG Civic hatch. I miss that car every single day. GL with getting another ride man. Hoepfully it's another Honda

Old 03-08-2011, 04:24 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by da9r00d
was report taken by CHP or LAPD? if CHP took a report then just let it go. they dont do detective work. if LAPD took a report for the crash or stolen, give them all the papers and property that was not yours. they can use it as evidence against the suspects. let them recover video or whatever.

chances are who ever stole your ride.... is pretty jacked up, im sure they visited a hospital after that crash.
CHP had to handle the crash... it was on the I-5.

But since the OP already filed a stolen car report, there is an LAPD file. Even though the car has been located, if you find the right folks to talk to, they might continue investigating. Otherwise, they may just close the file.

Old 03-08-2011, 12:23 PM
5 Year Member
Well, at least it looks like they got hurt, that's gotta make you feel a little better. You might be able to pull a chip out of that phone to get some contact info. I would do my own police work, not to go all super hero vigilante, but just to know.

Old 03-08-2011, 12:47 PM
5 Year Member
Oh wow, just looked at this thread from start to this point...

That SUCKS...your Fit was well cared for and sharp looking. Bastards did a number on it.

My advice....just take it all step by step. It's daunting. Someday, sooner than you probably think today, you can file the whole experience as just one of those things that happen in life..

But yes, in the meantime...it's really too bad...best of luck dealing with everything.

Old 03-08-2011, 01:11 PM
I'm not as upset as I was when my civic got rear ended.... I haven't had this one long enough to really feel the hurt.But when I saw it for the first time after being stolen, my heart still dropped... I know everything will work out. No matter what. Wether I'm screwed over and lose out on some money... Or everything goes to my advantage. It's just so heart breaking seeing a car like that.... Such a waste...

Old 03-08-2011, 02:07 PM
Wow, seeing those pictures makes me upset. Well just remember Karma is a B%$@^, I hope everything works out for you.

Old 03-08-2011, 09:44 PM
5 Year Member
Looks like karma hit them hard!

Old 03-08-2011, 10:24 PM
someone Ferris Bueller'd the Sh•t out of that car!

Notwithstanding your loss and how I would tear the eyeballs out of anyone who jacked my car, I kind of wish I was along for what must have been an insane experience.

I am glad to see the curtain airbag put to use, those always make me feel safer.

Old 03-08-2011, 11:11 PM
So I have a question, hopefully some one can give me a definite answer.

So since I don't have a car now, and my full coverage is not that full, which pisses me off cause they ne'er asked me if I wanted what I guess isn't offered in "full coverage" which is a rental car... I currently have no car at all.

My question is am I allowed to, or should I even get a car right now? I have a couple car lined up that I in my price range. Like can I just go to a dealer tomorrow and et a car? And if I do, and the ins company gives me money toward a car, it comes in a form of a check right? Which then I can just put straight to the first payment...

Wht do I do?

Old 03-08-2011, 11:12 PM
nevermind cause right after i posted the question i talked to my mom and she sed to at least wait til they tell me what they're gonna do to the car. i mean, i cant imagine anything else besides total loss. i mean, look at this thing!
Name:  c81c8b3c.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  93.0 KB

but, im a little relieved cause my mom is letting me use her car for the meantime until things are figured out...

Old 03-08-2011, 11:12 PM
but here's some bad news:
1)i do not have gap insurance.
2)the insurance is requesting for the police report but the police report takes about 2-3 weeks to be sent.
3)i called to where i can request the report and the only way is through mail and that will take a week for them to at least receive it.
4)the answering service for the records dept says that "due to lack of staff, request will take another4-6 weeks longer than usual. and that requests will be processed based on the order its recieved.
5)i called the dealer and according to them, as the loan stands right now, i owe $13980
6)kbb says that my car's suggested retail price is $13300
7) my insurance deductable is $500 for this particular circumstance.

Old 03-08-2011, 11:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by flipperlazo
but here's some bad news:
1)i do not have gap insurance.
2)the insurance is requesting for the police report but the police report takes about 2-3 weeks to be sent.
3)i called to where i can request the report and the only way is through mail and that will take a week for them to at least receive it.
4)the answering service for the records dept says that "due to lack of staff, request will take another4-6 weeks longer than usual. and that requests will be processed based on the order its recieved.
5)i called the dealer and according to them, as the loan stands right now, i owe $13980
6)kbb says that my car's suggested retail price is $13300
7) my insurance deductable is $500 for this particular circumstance.
God that suck about your car. I would be SO pissed off.

Just so you know, your insurance will not pay what the KBB is, they will pay the actual cash value which is probably lower. I wish you the best tho because its a very tough situation.

When you get your next car, ask your insurance agent about GAP coverage. I have Allstate and with Allstate for me, GAP is only $4 extra dollars per month. VERY MUCH WORTH IT! But don't get it from the dealer, its a ripoff!

Quick Reply: Stolen!