1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Have you ever seen a grown man cry???

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 09:34 PM
5 Year Member
Angry Have you ever seen a grown man cry???

Scroll down......

So here it is...as always I park a gazzilion stalls away from the nearest car at the store, low and behold I walk out to see this elderly lady look'n at my ride.. Of course I'm goin' yea!!! older people likes FiT's too! She approached me plead'n for me not to call the cops. ( I'm think'n, for what?) Until I saw the damages, I dayum near did a stand still back-flipShe went on and on about her not having insurance and that she had a citation for one "already". In Hawaii that's $1500.00 no questions asked at your court appearance. So I told her if she agreed to go to her bank "now" and give me cash then I would consider it. So we get to the bank, she comes out with $1800.00 and I told her $1300.00 will be fine...she demanded I take at least $1500.00 "so I did". Another ticket for her would have been $2,500.00 and a license revocation!!!!
But I made out like a fat cat in box filled with mice! My body work guy is goin' to repair and paint it for $400.00, the rest will be goin' to some more mods>>
And no, I really did not cry...but I had some very watery eyes.
Shud be outta da' shop on Monday

Old 01-20-2011, 09:38 PM
Daaammmmnnnn....I would have taken it all.

Old 01-20-2011, 09:45 PM
Originally Posted by Thismightnotfit
Daaammmmnnnn....I would have taken it all.
Me too. Thats crazy stuff...sorry for hitting your car heres $1800. Glad it work out in your favor!!!!

Old 01-20-2011, 09:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by thismightnotfit
daaammmmnnnn....i would have taken it all.
.........x2

Old 01-20-2011, 10:30 PM
5 Year Member
That's exactly how it should go..."you totaled my car while texting, I'll follow you to the nearest Honda dealer".

Old 01-21-2011, 12:07 AM
Is that bumper damage only? What mods are you looking at getting with this acquired money?

Old 01-21-2011, 12:27 AM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
that is not bad at all. you got lucky. if they hit the rear quarter panel, it would have been alot more damage.

Old 01-21-2011, 01:34 AM
5 Year Member
If she's got $1800 just sitting in the bank why doesn't this old lady get car insurance? Maybe another fine and a revoked license is what she needed. Just sayin' one less senile old lady on the road would done us all some good.

Congrats on the bit of luck.

Old 01-21-2011, 03:23 AM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Flyin172s
If she's got $1800 just sitting in the bank why doesn't this old lady get car insurance?
maybe she had a trunk full of drugs, that drug mule. she couldn't afford to have the cops ruin the operation, well worth the measly $1500 to pay someone off. haha probably not, but man vinny, you totally scored big

Old 01-21-2011, 04:06 AM
Drug Mule! hahaha

Well at least she didn't try and skip out on ya. You'll have it fixed in no time.

I wrecked my fit last week, so I feel your pain. I live in the mountains of Tennessee and its been one of the worst winters I've seen in YEARS. I was driving home from work and it was snowing like crazy with about 2 inches of snow on the roads (who knows where the damn salt trucks were) and I did a 180 going 40mph and it slammed the rear into a ditch.

I'd post pics, but I'm really bummed about it. I'm gonna meet up with my insurance appointment next week, fingers crossed.

Old 01-21-2011, 08:45 AM
This broke my heart, I know it broke yours. At least she waited. Good luck to you

Old 01-21-2011, 11:25 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah man you came out to your car ON TIME. who knows when she woulda got the hell outta there.

Old 01-21-2011, 11:41 AM
People like that piss me off. going around without insurance and they are HITTING PARKED CARS?!!!!! At least she did her part this time but how many times has she skipped out and someone got screwed with a $500 deductible for the hit and run fix. Me and my brother have both been hit while riding our motorcycles by a lady with no insurance and they might have gotten a ticket but in both our cases our bikes were totaled, had ambulance and hospital bills and there was no way to collect from someone with no job no insurance and basically no worth.

But on a positive note, i cant wait to see what you do with the extra money!

Old 01-21-2011, 10:05 PM
gold

Originally Posted by vinnymac

So here it is...as always I park a gazzilion stalls away from the nearest car at the store, low and behold I walk out to see this elderly lady look'n at my ride.. Of course I'm goin' yea!!! older people likes FiT's too! She approached me plead'n for me not to call the cops. ( I'm think'n, for what?) Until I saw the damages, I dayum near did a stand still back-flipShe went on and on about her not having insurance and that she had a citation for one "already". In Hawaii that's $1500.00 no questions asked at your court appearance. So I told her if she agreed to go to her bank "now" and give me cash then I would consider it. So we get to the bank, she comes out with $1800.00 and I told her $1300.00 will be fine...she demanded I take at least $1500.00 "so I did". Another ticket for her would have been $2,500.00 and a license revocation!!!!
But I made out like a fat cat in box filled with mice! My body work guy is goin' to repair and paint it for $400.00, the rest will be goin' to some more mods>>
And no, I really did not cry...but I had some very watery eyes.
Shud be outta da' shop on Monday
Vinny you got a heart of gold. Old people mess up sometimes. I know you're into your car and that BBP paint (I can relate). You did the right thing. We'll all be old someday. your car's a little (LOT!) more "out there" than mine (mostly OEM) but I've learned a lot from you. REP!

Old 01-21-2011, 10:59 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Sorry to see your car got messed up but happy that the person who did it gave you enough to get it fixed. Can't wait to see what mods are coming up. Glad it worked out for you most people who've driven off and left it up
to the owner to do the repairs.

Cat

Old 01-21-2011, 11:00 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by feddup
Vinny you got a heart of gold. Old people mess up sometimes. I know you're into your car and that BBP paint (I can relate). You did the right thing. We'll all be old someday. your car's a little (LOT!) more "out there" than mine (mostly OEM) but I've learned a lot from you. REP!
Mahalo,
You know I've been very fortunate to have been raised up around many elders- and I can count the times when they were "right" about wisdom,knowledge and common sense and was "wrong" on one hand without including my thumb!! So my respect for them is profound, I know two wrongs don't make a right but I had to give this one the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited by vinnymac; 01-21-2011 at 11:08 PM.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:24 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ryanroland
People like that piss me off. going around without insurance and they are HITTING PARKED CARS?!!!!! At least she did her part this time but how many times has she skipped out and someone got screwed with a $500 deductible for the hit and run fix. Me and my brother have both been hit while riding our motorcycles by a lady with no insurance and they might have gotten a ticket but in both our cases our bikes were totaled, had ambulance and hospital bills and there was no way to collect from someone with no job no insurance and basically no worth.

But on a positive note, i cant wait to see what you do with the extra money!
my wife got hit by a guy with no insurance... he gave her *fake* insurance info after she got the CHP involved... he actually went home after the accident because he was in a "hurry" (she's 5ft 100lb asian girl) so she couldn't stop him. she did have his # and his addy from his license. the CHP called him, he came back... but he wasn't driving his grandparents drove him. he gave her insurance info...which turned out to be bogus later when our insurance tried to contact them.

so we had his #, called him up and arranged a payment plan (with contract) for the damages or else we'd sue. we agreed on $100 a week, with $1800 in damages...took freaking forever but it was better than no moneys back. he wasn't too happy with the amount, saying we were getting "ripped off", but that's where our insurance took us.

what he doesn't know is: 1) we told the cops his insurance was BS so he'll be getting a ticket for that 2) our insurance covered her going to a chiropractor to the tune of $800 which they're going to send him an additional bill for

short story: get insurance

Old 01-22-2011, 12:24 AM
5 Year Member
vinny make sure to PM me with first dibs on whatever mods you decide to "upgrade" or replace

Old 01-22-2011, 01:26 AM
5 Year Member
Sorry bout the hit the Fit took. Sounds like a cool rear bumper maybe @ hand for the Purple Paradise Machine. You'er a good person and I am really glad that it all worked out okay with everyone concerned.
I don't know Vinny how I would have taken that if it happened to MzFiT???
Take care and keep us posted.
Big Mike

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 01-22-2011 at 01:35 AM.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Perrenoud Fit
Sorry bout the hit the Fit took. Sounds like a cool rear bumper maybe @ hand for the Purple Paradise Machine. You'er a good person and I am really glad that it all worked out okay with everyone concerned.
I don't know Vinny how I would have taken that if it happened to MzFiT???
Take care and keep us posted.
Big Mike
Mahalo Big Mike...
I'm -finally- able to get to sleep at night without the aid of a sleep-aid!!!

Quick Reply: Have you ever seen a grown man cry???