1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

What HP numbers?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 03:07 PM
What HP numbers?

Would a GD8 5 speed make with all the bolt-ons just want to know what to expect if anyone out there has tried

Old 09-25-2010, 05:15 PM
No one has done these mods? I'm sure somebody has, so what numbers should I be expecting, I want an idea to see whether I should stay n/a or s/c it

Old 09-25-2010, 08:07 PM
5 Year Member
Hey just fyi...it's gd3 not gd8. Unless of course you are talking about a ge...at which point, it's ge8.

Don't worry about the bolt ons making too much power. They really don't do too much.
If you are really in a need for speed, look into the kraftwerks kit for the gds.

Old 09-25-2010, 09:07 PM
Keep messing up on the nomenclature, so bolt ons won't net at the very least 100 whp

Old 09-26-2010, 08:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Itsslow
Keep messing up on the nomenclature, so bolt ons won't net at the very least 100 whp
I remember someone on here actually had Dyno results after bolting on a Skunk2 50mm catback exhaust and a CAI of some type,
I want to saw Fujita but I can't remember. The results were somewhere in the low 90s to the wheels. (I know not much help since there's no link.)
And then you have this website:
Honda Fit Power Pages Results - Import Tuner Magazine
They got about 101hp to the wheels using only bolt ons for the Fit. Of course over $1000 for less than 10hp is a little steep.

Old 09-26-2010, 10:30 PM
101 to the wheels is ok considering the car's stock numbers are 109 at the crank which is probably like 80ish to the wheels. That's about a 15-20 hp gain.

Old 09-26-2010, 10:36 PM
Saw the article that really does seem steep, well I guess in the jist of it all, what's important is how it will "enhance" the driving experience.

Old 09-27-2010, 12:51 PM
5 Year Member
$1,000 for 10 to 15 more hp? Add 2k to that and your looking at FI and some real gains. Add another grand and now your in K20 territory and more than twice the hp than you started with.

Am I about right in my thinking here?

Old 09-27-2010, 01:06 PM
Super Moderator
I think the K20 route is $6K+ .

My cars auto so power is going to be different but with a SAI and spoon cat-back exhaust the car made 86whp now with the Kraftkwerks kit, header, testpipe, intrcooler the car makes 120whp.

With a manual and kraftwerks highboost set up you could be sitting right around 170whp. The kraftwerks kit is also about as bolt on as you can get for FI

Old 09-27-2010, 01:29 PM
5 Year Member
Next to the KWSC kit the best you can do for performance is 15X7 Enkei RPF1 wheels and lighter tires.

Old 09-27-2010, 01:45 PM
5 Year Member
I might ask why do you want to make more power to ur car. For most aplications even if you do take it to the track. First thing to work on is ur driving skills not power. Try taking a school first to see the limits of you and ur car. Than i would get new lighter and wider wheels with new sticky tires. Really power is good but if you don't know how to use it it's worth less. This goes for street aplication as well. I beat many faster cars back in the day when i had a evo. I was pushing about 330awhp and would race 350z with around 400-420whp and still win. Why because i was a better driver. If ur doing this moding for power just for the fun of it go FI for sure. K20 im sure is upwards of $6k+. Hope this helps you out

Old 09-27-2010, 03:22 PM
i made 112whp on nothing but a test pipe, muffler, and intake.

Name:  JamesHondaFit.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  56.2 KB

these numbers are not common apparently, but altogether I think I've spent 300 dollars on parts, got them all used. Wait for good deals and do the most basic bolt ons. Doesn't hurt to try.

Old 09-27-2010, 03:26 PM
Super Moderator
those numbers are not bad, did you get a baseline number before the upgrades?

Old 09-27-2010, 03:41 PM
5 Year Member
i have the greddy turbo kit. and im not sure what numbers im running ill know later today or tomorrow. its at the shop getting tuned. alls i know is ive spent a ton of money on this car and i couldnt even beat a single cam non vtec eg... im pretty upset with my car. but i had it at the base greddy map of 4psi. so after the tune ill let u know how everything feels.

Old 09-27-2010, 05:14 PM
i never did a baseline unfortunately, never really planned on doing much perfiormance wise to the car because i have a project DA as well.

at least i have a baseline for NA vs boost now though...if i ever get around to it.

Old 09-27-2010, 05:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Chitownfit
$1,000 for 10 to 15 more hp? Add 2k to that and your looking at FI and some real gains. Add another grand and now your in K20 territory and more than twice the hp than you started with.

Am I about right in my thinking here?
You are pretty much spot on.

I can understand why people here are willing to pay for a reliable, yet mediocre upgrade, but I am having a real tough time justifying nearly $4k out the door for one of the T1R, KW or HKS kits. I am not looking to make this a monster, I just want more than +75whp or +60lb-ft, especially for those price tags.

What I would like to find is more DIY guys and their results. In a forum this large there has to be a few other gear heads who have the tools and experience to dive into a project like this.

The Fit is only the second car I've bought new from a dealership. All the rest I bought as a rolling shell with no engine, trans and other items missing. Bear in mind, I am not a mechanic by training or profession, I do everything out of my garage.

For instance: Why hasn't anyone already running a T25 with the AEM controller swapped to atleast the T28 CHRA?

At the same pressure ratios you could stand to pick up 15-50whp depending on what else you have done to the car like full turbo back exhaust, wastegate dumped to atmosphere, intake manifold/charge piping, alcohol injection, etc.

The only thing making these kits expensive, in my opinion, is a lack of turbo manifolds on the market, really. It is easy and cheap to put together turbo kits for nearly any car, if there is space to work.

I have to imagine there are others who like me already have a couple turbos, intercoolers, piping/couplers, fuel pumps, fittings and lines laying in the garage.

All I need now is a manifold, CR-V injectors or larger, and a tunable ECM.

5speedwonder for example, has brought the power to the ground up from the low-mid 90s up a full 20whp with only a couple exhaust mods and new intake pipe. That should tell you how restricted this car is. We are talking about ~20% gain on a 1.5l with $300 in bolt-ons, which is phenomenal.

Now, on a conservative tune with either some Ethanol blended gas or Methanol injection, there is no reason I can see why >200whp can't be done without opening the stock longblock.

Sorry for the rant there, it's just I'm sick of the feeling of waiting for a bus while I try and get up to speed on the highway after I spend anytime driving even my RAV4 around.. I threw some stickier wider tires on the Fit's factory rims and even on the crudest gear banging I might be able to make the tires chirp rolling into 2nd gear on a dry day. I want to be able to change lanes with the wheelspin!

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 09-27-2010 at 05:58 PM.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:31 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
You are pretty much spot on.

I can understand why people here are willing to pay for a reliable, yet mediocre upgrade, but I am having a real tough time justifying nearly $4k out the door for one of the T1R, KW or HKS kits. I am not looking to make this a monster, I just want more than +75whp or +60lb-ft, especially for those price tags.

What I would like to find is more DIY guys and their results. In a forum this large there has to be a few other gear heads who have the tools and experience to dive into a project like this.

The Fit is only the second car I've bought new from a dealership. All the rest I bought as a rolling shell with no engine, trans and other items missing. Bear in mind, I am not a mechanic by training or profession, I do everything out of my garage.

For instance: Why hasn't anyone already running a T25 with the AEM controller swapped to atleast the T28 CHRA?

At the same pressure ratios you could stand to pick up 15-50whp depending on what else you have done to the car like full turbo back exhaust, wastegate dumped to atmosphere, intake manifold/charge piping, alcohol injection, etc.

The only thing making these kits expensive, in my opinion, is a lack of turbo manifolds on the market, really. It is easy and cheap to put together turbo kits for nearly any car, if there is space to work.

I have to imagine there are others who like me already have a couple turbos, intercoolers, piping/couplers, fuel pumps, fittings and lines laying in the garage.

All I need now is a manifold, CR-V injectors or larger, and a tunable ECM.

5speedwonder for example, has brought the power to the ground up from the low-mid 90s up a full 20whp with only a couple exhaust mods and new intake pipe. That should tell you how restricted this car is. We are talking about ~20% gain on a 1.5l with $300 in bolt-ons, which is phenomenal.

Now, on a conservative tune with either some Ethanol blended gas or Methanol injection, there is no reason I can see why >200whp can't be done without opening the stock longblock.

Sorry for the rant there, it's just I'm sick of the feeling of waiting for a bus while I try and get up to speed on the highway after I spend anytime driving even my RAV4 around.. I threw some stickier wider tires on the Fit's factory rims and even on the crudest gear banging I might be able to make the tires chirp rolling into 2nd gear on a dry day. I want to be able to change lanes with the wheelspin!
just get the zex nitrous kit then... that way when u want the power u'll have it. and its less than 700 dollars.

anyways got my car back from the dyno tune today. it made 129hp 137ftlb on 4.5 boost. thats on the greddy turbo kit.

Old 09-28-2010, 01:05 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Previc93
just get the zex nitrous kit then... that way when u want the power u'll have it. and its less than 700 dollars.

anyways got my car back from the dyno tune today. it made 129hp 137ftlb on 4.5 boost. thats on the greddy turbo kit.
Nice! Almost 50% gain at the ground, that has to be a blast. Where do you see full boost? What turbo?

Nitrous is great stuff, but I daily drive the Fit and I don't know if I want to put it through that stress. Not all cylinder pressure is created equal unfortunately.. I am hoping to find another alky injection system like Devil's Own or Snow Performance, a used AEM F/IC, some +400cc injectors, and an exhaust manifold flange. And just do it myself.

I have essentially everything else, I just wish I could find a T1R or HKS manifold, I am thinking about emailing HKS USA and telling them mine cracked and I want to buy a replacement just to see what they quote me.

Old 09-28-2010, 10:25 AM
5 Year Member
its fun when ur going up against another fit but like i said before a stock eg single cam non vtec beat me.
i see full boost 4.5 at like 4500 but it drops off to 2psi before i shift and it also starts to spool really early.

Old 09-28-2010, 11:05 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Previc93
its fun when ur going up against another fit but like i said before a stock eg single cam non vtec beat me.
i see full boost 4.5 at like 4500 but it drops off to 2psi before i shift and it also starts to spool really early.
You are on a T25 turbo correct?

You could drastically speed up your spool and how the turbo "hits" if you bought a manual boost controller, I recommend the Hallman Pro MBC.

This way your wastegate stays completely shut until you hit full boost. As it is now it is just using spring pressure, and the gate probably starts opening as early as 1-2psi causing more lag and less torque.

Note: I am not saying turn up the boost as I have no idea what your tune looks like or what it can correct for.

Also, if you are on a T25 and know what your injector duty cycles are and they allow for it, if you get bored you can swap in a T28 compressor and center cartridge for 15-50whp more at the same boost, depending on other mods.

If that isn't doin it for you, call up the Greddy and see if 6-7psi is safe on your tune, or what you can do to accomodate it.

There is no reason that you shouldn't be out running a stock eg. Are you automatic or manual trans?

Quick Reply: What HP numbers?