1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!
View Poll Results: Which should I put on my fit.
Ings rear bumper
57.50%
stock oem bumper
42.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Come in and Vote. HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 12:40 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up ING's All the Way!

ING's all the Way !! Looks HOT on the GD3. and especially your's with the blackout you already have

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 08-06-2010 at 01:26 PM.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:48 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
I got to vote with the modified. Just know that you will most likely have issues when it comes to installing.

Cat :x

Old 08-06-2010, 12:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Cat
I got to vote with the modified. Just know that you will most likely have issues when it comes to installing.

Cat :x
I figure the body shop will take care of that.

Old 08-06-2010, 01:01 PM
[quote=Ciggy;894649]

I went to the website to take a look and possibly ordering one. The picture above is a genuine Ings. The picture below is a replica Ings (the one Honda Fit Tuner sells), which is made of fiberglass. The genuine Ings fits really nice with no gaps. The replica (pictured below) has a gap if you look above the rear tire.

The kit on the bottom has another piece added to the rear hatch. See how the bottom of the hatch, under the license plate, sits flush with the top of the rear bumper. The genuine Ings does not.

Last edited by Psycho_FIT; 08-06-2010 at 01:04 PM.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:04 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Psycho_FIT
Originally Posted by Ciggy

I went to the website to take a look and possibly ordering one. The picture above is a genuine Ings. The picture below is a replica Ings (the one Honda Fit Tuner sells), which is made of fiberglass. The genuine Ings fits really nice with no gaps. The replica (pictured below) has a gap if you look above the rear tire.

You are very rite, but for $500 cheaper then the real one what can you expect rite...

If I could find the ings for $300 for just the bumper id get it but $900 for one piece is rediculous.

Old 08-06-2010, 01:11 PM
You are very rite, but for $500 cheaper then the real one what can you expect rite...

If I could find the ings for $300 for just the bumper id get it but $900 for one piece is rediculous.
$900? Wow! I didn't know they were that much. I guess it comes down to you get what you pay for.

Trying to save some money may cause more headaches trying to get it to fit fairly correct and the labor rate of a decent body shop will add up quickly.

If the original Ings was cheaper, that would've been the way to go. I would pass on the replica.

Old 08-06-2010, 01:21 PM
5 Year Member
i like ings, has a nice look to it

Old 08-06-2010, 01:28 PM
5 Year Member
Ok, I just talked to honda fit tuner. They gave me the measurements and from the edge down it's 22 inches. The stock bumper is 20.5 inches. An inch and a half will actually make it match up to the stock skirts almost perfect.

Of course the replica fitment will not be great but many people have delt with HFT.com and im hoping to get a decent qaulity product. I will bring it to the body shop that has worked on my car before hopefully they can fill in any gaps that end up being there.

Hondafittuner was willing to cut me a deal on a full kit but i have no desire for a full kit or to pay shipping for a full kit. I'm hoping i can work out a deal with him to get the back bumper shipped to me for a decent price.

The stock skirts are much lower then the bumper already and im thinking this will flatten it out. I just dont want it to be lower then the skirts if it is maybe ill do some flat black paint along the bottom like a 1/2 high to make the illusion that it matches the skirts.

I thank all of you for helping me with my decision and I will 100% get you all updated when this thing is on my car. If anyone is trying to pick anything up from the site i advise talking to them on the phone first.

Old 08-06-2010, 01:35 PM
5 Year Member
I also do not think Ings makes a version to fit the usdm anyway. Replica is the only choice.

edit: Not sure this is going to go through. They want to give me the bumper for $115 (discounted price) but they want $120 to ship it to NJ. I know it's going accross country and is in a 5' box but I cant spend more on shipping then i am the part. Just doesnt seem reasonable for me. After all this OEM is the most practical option

Last edited by Ciggy; 08-06-2010 at 03:05 PM.
Old 08-06-2010, 03:05 PM
5 Year Member
Edit #2

Purchased the ings rear bumper. Hopefully shipping doesnt take 3 weeks!

Old 08-06-2010, 03:31 PM
5 Year Member
I like the idea of the Ings rear but you notice where the line of the side skirt follows into the rear bumper? That looks to me, like the deciding factor... your stock skirts don't sit that low, this looks like it will... even if not literally it appears to be a bigger line(on the bumper). But since your at stock ride height, everything else being OEM I would sayF@#$ it! and do the Ings bumper, atleast you'll know and then you can post up your car for everyone else to judge and critique, LOL
Ing's- if you don't like it sell it or deal with the loss... unfortunately thats a big part of this "tuner" thing anyhow.

Old 08-06-2010, 03:41 PM
5 Year Member
[quote=Psycho_FIT;894964]

The kit on the bottom has another piece added to the rear hatch. See how the bottom of the hatch, under the license plate, sits flush with the top of the rear bumper. The genuine Ings does not.
I haven't looked into any of these kits, or aftermarket body peices but it almost looks like the authentic Ings is shorter than the Replica. Kind of how the JDM bumpers/conversion is.... you know what I'm speaking of?
I would assume thats why the Replica is pictured with the tailgate garnish...

holey edits batman.... lol I'm glad to see without reading both pages you purchased the Rep bumper

Old 08-06-2010, 04:18 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

I also do not think Ings makes a version to fit the usdm anyway. Replica is the only choice.

edit: Not sure this is going to go through. They want to give me the bumper for $115 (discounted price) but they want $120 to ship it to NJ. I know it's going accross country and is in a 5' box but I cant spend more on shipping then i am the part. Just doesnt seem reasonable for me. After all this OEM is the most practical option
Ya ciggy I just spent 36.00 to have a front lip shipped from MA to VA.
Do the have more ? Post pix when it's on
Cool Choice

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 08-06-2010 at 04:22 PM.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:21 PM
5 Year Member
I will def show you guys when it's on!

Old 08-07-2010, 02:19 AM
5 Year Member
I think your Fit looks clean with the stock bumper... don't add too much or you'll just mess it up...

Old 08-07-2010, 02:22 AM
5 Year Member
lol... seems it's already too late... well i love what you've done so far! i guess you must know where you're going

Old 08-07-2010, 05:11 AM
Go for the Ings man, it looks really good, like it covers the whole part of the back better then the OEM. One thing that might concern me other then how it fits with the OEM kit is your lights, i think changing your tail lights to the JDM ones would definitely put the fniishing touch of the Ings rear bumper. Anyway hope all goes well for you! show us some pics if you do get the Ings, i want to know how it sits

Old 08-07-2010, 09:01 AM
5 Year Member
Jdm tails are already on the car! Led 3rd brake light will be here this weak. next friday I will order spacers that way this bumper won't stand out from the skirts to much.

Old 08-07-2010, 12:03 PM
5 Year Member
Good to see you got it post pics up once its on

Old 08-07-2010, 01:17 PM
5 Year Member
I was looking at the Ings kit last night and kind of like it... The rear I would consider over the front because it is of fiber glass construction and I have never bottomed out the rear of my car.... I imagine that it will be costly to have the part properly fitted and would want to do it myself if I was to do the change... I have not seen many body kits that weren't screwed up and not properly installed so unless you can be without the car for awhile or find a shop that has lots of experience in this kind of work it might be better to go back to stock... At least you can do the installation yourself before having it painted and save some money by doing that.... With all of the other work that you've done on your car I think that the Ings rear bumper wouldn't look out of place.

Quick Reply: Come in and Vote. HELP!