1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

New To Me Fit Owner

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 02:32 PM
New To Me Fit Owner

Bought this 2008 Fit Sport with 19,322 miles. Certified pre owned Honda. Completly love this car. Have been a Honda Fanatic for about 5 years now, and am currently still building my EJ1 to crush all on the show scene. The fit is my daily driver so she wont be all out, but will look clean and stay clean. This is a very fun car to drive, more power then i was expecting it to have. Corners like a go cart. I bought the Automatic with paddle shifters. I know 5spd Blah, Blah, Blah, but try smoking, talking on phone and shifting all at the same time. Not to mention sterring with my knee! The auto is lovely, was not expecting it to shift like an stick even with the paddles, but it does. I can carry it up to 6500 shut off and hit the + paddle and BAM second gear. No clutch or shifting, its lovely. Dont hate until u try. So here are my pics. No real mods yet, but subs and spoon cap (off EJ1), but will most definetly be cleaning her up with modest mods.

2008 Fit Sport with 19,322 miles MILANO RED BABY

Black with Grey Inserts Sport Interior with Auto Tranny

My Portable Navigation Mounting location. Looks Good There

My Sub Box Install For Now WILL BE MAKING NEW BOX TO BETTER FIT>but works for now

Engine Bay: Note the amp wire, and Spoon cap off my EJ1 (Will be going back when she is complete)

Mod List To Come in Order:
*8000k HIDS-----------------------------DONE!!
*Yellow Fog Light Tint--------------------DONE!! *Short Ram Intake-----------------------DONE!!
*Painted Engine Cover-------------------Must Have
*Skunk2 Springs-------------------------DONE!!
*Fully Polished Stock Rims---------------Yeah Stock, daily status not dope boy status
*35% Tinted Windows-------------------No rockstars in here no need to hide in limo tinted fit
*OEM Exhaust Finisher-------------------Dont want to wake the neighbors with a fartcan
*Sticker Love----------------------------No Honda is complete without the sticker love
*JDM Center console/armrest-------------What the hell was Honda thinking not installing or making a armrest? Dont they know by now us Americans are spoiled

STAY TUNED WILL BE MODDING QUICKLY!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Bthasht; 07-06-2010 at 09:48 PM.
Old 05-31-2010, 04:44 PM
Super Moderator
Welcome to the club. car looks good. I got the auto as well, its a blast to tool around with the paddles

Old 05-31-2010, 05:12 PM
Nice choice of color! Looking at your pictures reminds of the time when I pick up my Fit for the first time. Welcome to Fitfreak.Net!

Old 05-31-2010, 05:16 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
That's low miles, hope you got a great deal on it, it looks hella clean. Look forward to seeing the mods you choose. I vote for tint first thing. I like the staggered look of darker in the back.

Old 05-31-2010, 06:15 PM
5 Year Member
congrats on ur Fit! great mileage on an 08. Keep us updated on ur mods!

Old 05-31-2010, 06:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Bthasht
I know 5spd Blah, Blah, Blah, but try smoking, talking on phone and shifting all at the same time. Not to mention sterring with my knee! !

I can't believe anybody would pull that BS to begin with. It's time for everybody to wake up and remove hand held cell phones from the roads! And if they want to ax bluetooth too, let them!

Old 05-31-2010, 07:07 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah, I hope he was kidding. He needs to watch this video. This is the short version, the real thing is a lot longer. But this is the critical part.

YouTube - PSA Texting while Driving U.K. Ad [HD]

Old 05-31-2010, 09:30 PM
Originally Posted by Jensen Healy
I can't believe anybody would pull that BS to begin with. It's time for everybody to wake up and remove hand held cell phones from the roads! And if they want to ax bluetooth too, let them!
This was aimed towards my wife, however the way you speak is reminding me of her very much. You just sit in your perfect world in straight road bum fuck. Im in the city and am originated in NYC lower manhatten. If you dont think people drive like that it is you who needs to wake up. BASH A THREAD WITH A REAR TOW HOOK

Last edited by Bthasht; 05-31-2010 at 09:56 PM.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:50 PM
5 Year Member
Calm down dude. You were talking about smoking, shifting and talking on the phone at the same time. Never safe no matter who is doing what. We're concerned about your life here and the lives of others...

It doesn't matter where you are, under what conditions, if you are not driving the car with your full attention, you are not really driving safely. Just because other people do the same thing does not make it right.

We're not here to bash you.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:18 AM
5 Year Member
This was aimed towards my wife, however the way you speak is reminding me of her very much. You just sit in your perfect world in straight road bum fuck. Im in the city and am originated in NYC lower manhatten. If you dont think people drive like that it is you who needs to wake up. BASH A THREAD WITH A REAR TOW HOOK
The problem is I've been aware of this for years now, thanks to the guy who rear ended my car while gabbing on his phone plus all the other motorists who came close too while gabbing on their phones.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:23 AM
5 Year Member
A dealer up here in Mass. was selling a 2007 Sport AT with 19k miles a couple months ago for $15,000. Did you get a good deal on yours?

Old 06-01-2010, 01:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jensen Healy
The problem is I've been aware of this for years now, thanks to the guy who rear ended my car while gabbing on his phone plus all the other motorists who came close too while gabbing on their phones.
Couple of years ago, we nearly got t-boned by a woman driver talking on the phone...her light had been red for at least 15-30 seconds and we were starting into the intersection when hubby caught a flash out of his peripheral vision...slammed on the brakes....I have no doubt that he'd have been dead, since she was on his side and going about 50 mph. I am not sure she even saw us - she just kept going.

The WORST plague for drivers these days. Phones. The kids even try to text while they are driving.

Old 06-01-2010, 09:39 PM
You guys are a trip, definetly not on honda-tech here. I bought this fit because me and my son were hit head on by a drunk, passed out on the wrong side of the road. He had no license, insurance, money, no shit. To top that off when the cops showed up he ran, left the van and his wallet, not to mention the bag of trees in the van. Totaled my car, luckily we got out with only seat belt burns. My insurance totaled out my car and my gap insurance paid the rest.$0 dollars in or out of my pocket, but i had no car!! So here I sit Yappin at yall for a cell phone when a drunk can do what he wants? So isnt that nice. WELCOME TO AMERICA. In NYC we just flip u off and continue with life. FUCK IT! I really do appricate all the input guys and will enjoy my FIT----FA SHO!!!!

Old 06-01-2010, 09:40 PM
Originally Posted by einstein77
A dealer up here in Mass. was selling a 2007 Sport AT with 19k miles a couple months ago for $15,000. Did you get a good deal on yours?

I put $1000 down on the total price of $13,000. Hella Deal on Hella Clean Fit!!!

Old 06-01-2010, 09:49 PM
5 Year Member
You guys are a trip, definetly not on honda-tech here. I bought this fit because me and my son were hit head on by a drunk, passed out on the wrong side of the road. He had no license, insurance, money, no shit. To top that off when the cops showed up he ran, left the van and his wallet, not to mention the bag of trees in the van. Totaled my car, luckily we got out with only seat belt burns. My insurance totaled out my car and my gap insurance paid the rest.$0 dollars in or out of my pocket, but i had no car!! So here I sit Yappin at yall for a cell phone when a drunk can do what he wants? So isnt that nice. WELCOME TO AMERICA. In NYC we just flip u off and continue with life. FUCK IT! I really do appricate all the input guys and will enjoy my FIT----FA SHO!!!!
We didn't say that drunk drivers are OK. That is another whole category unto itself, but all the research says that driving while distracted by the phone is very similar to driving drunk, so what's the problem? I am sorry that you had that accident, it must have been horrible and frightening for you. But driving while on the phone is not a good thing, no matter what you think.

I'm so glad you both weren't killed. I really am. You need to calm down and stop being so defensive.

Old 06-02-2010, 07:36 AM
5 Year Member
Yapping on your cell phone is fine, as long as you're not doing it while traveling in your car. I've had enough close calls + been hit too, with people doing it, especially on my motorcycle. If texting is becoming illegal just about everywhere it's time to put talking on your phone in the law books too before more innocent motorists die.

Old 06-02-2010, 07:38 AM
5 Year Member
I'd like to see an open hunting season on people that are driving while drunk or driving while using cell phones.

Old 06-02-2010, 09:26 AM
I agree. I was hit almost 6 months after buying my 08 Fit brand new. The girl that hit me cried while I called the police. Luckily, it was in a parking lot and not severe. She was picking up her brother while talking on her cell phone and trying to pull a fast one on me and go behind my car ACROSS the parking spaces I was backing in to. Mom saw her and yelled for me to stop. I stopped completely and she bounce off of the back bumper in a 2001 Lincoln LS. When it happened, I looked over my shoulder and she had JUST put her phone in her lap. She had cheap insurance that mommy and daddy paid for that said it was MY fault, and she hit me. $1200 in damages; I know it's not a severe accident, but it's the principle. Cell phones are every ounce as dangerous as drunk driving. Funny thing is, there IS term for both (drunk, and/or talking on the phone) and it's in the same category. It's called IMPAIRED DRIVING - that pretty much sums up anything you do that hinders your focus behind the wheels of a vehicle.

Old 06-02-2010, 09:56 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
I'd like to see an open hunting season on people that are driving while drunk or driving while using cell phones.
I always told my wife, "I could never be a cop." The first thing I would insist on doing after I stopped a drunk driver would be to unload my revolver. I hate drunks with a passion.

Old 06-02-2010, 12:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by einstein77
I always told my wife, "I could never be a cop." The first thing I would insist on doing after I stopped a drunk driver would be to unload my revolver. I hate drunks with a passion.
I had a conversation with a young sheriffs deputy that told me he was confused as to why marijuana was a controlled substance and alcohol was legal.... He said he had never been on a domestic violence call where there was evidence of marijuana use or an automobile accident caused by a pot smoker and the opposite was true of alcohol users..... That was 11 years ago and the same guy is now on a drug task force busting pot heads.

Quick Reply: New To Me Fit Owner