1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

07 Fit Clutch "no action"

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 12:12 PM
5 Year Member
07 Fit Clutch "no action"

Ok so I had a new clutch fitted because there was juddering in first gear take off (especially on a hill) and the Honda dealer told me that the flywheel was probably warped from previous owner.
So spent the $$$ and when I got the car back was happy as there was a smooth take off in first gear and it felt like a new car. BUT, in about 2000 miles the clutch went back to its original state "digital on or off - no real transition" and the old judders from start in first gear.

Dealer said this was normal feel for this type of clutch, I said "bollocks" and went and tested 3 other fits from 07 on dealer forecourts saying I wanted to buy them and they all felt ok with action in the clutch.

Any idea what would make a new clutch feel like a worn out piece of crap like I have now ?

(I have driven stick shift since I was 17 and thats nearly 30 yrs ago so I know how to release clutch letting in the gas !!)

Thanks in advance.

Old 05-24-2010, 12:53 PM
Other than a warped pressure plate or fly wheel, this should not happen. When they did the clutch did they resurface the pressure plate and flywheel, or did they put in new parts. There is nothing wrong with resurfacing them as long as they only have surface issues and not something that goes deep into the metal. If a hot spot went deep enough then it doesn't take much heat to re-warp the metal after it has been machined.

I had this happen on an old truck. The previous owner, my brother, pulled a trailer for a while and always slipped the clutch way to much and burned it up. I had it refinished and after a few thousand miles the jumping was back. I replaced the flywheel and pressure plate while reusing the clutch disk and the problem never showed again in the next 60,000 Plus miles.

Old 05-24-2010, 01:07 PM
5 Year Member
^^^^ Yep that sounds like what's happened to trashercan. Resurfaced not replaced

Old 05-24-2010, 11:00 PM
I have the same problem. We had the clutch and flywheel replaced under warranty. This is a known problem per Honda. The problem appears to be related to the clutch pedal assembly. They have no specific fix. Even after replacing everything it still shutters. I've noticed since moving from Las Vegas (dry) to San Antonio (more humid) it seems worse. Honda will not do anything else