1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Seibon CF hood ?????

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 08:55 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Seibon CF hood ?????

I just got my Seibon CF hood on the car and I have a couple of questions. We had the typical Honda Fit clip issues - when trying to remove the head liner they kept breaking off on the bottom.I had a friend do the install and he has his own shop where all he does is work on making Hondas and imports go faster. I told him the Honda Fit clips were always a sore point with everyone. How important is the liner to use on the CF hood? I am planning to call Honda in the morning and order some but we were just wondering. Also the clips for the rubber piece on the hood does not match the holes in the front of the Seibon hood - is the rubber stripping really needed. It seems to fit really well and tight there so I don't think it will be an issue.

Thanks!

Cat :x

Old 04-22-2010, 08:58 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
I ran the hood for a year and a half with no hood liner or rubber stripping. was fine. You dont really need it.

Old 04-22-2010, 09:33 PM
5 Year Member
don't need it. i ran mine for a season and no problem, but mine was also vented.

Old 04-22-2010, 11:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JDMchris.com
I ran the hood for a year and a half with no hood liner or rubber stripping. was fine. You dont really need it.
+1. Never used mine either when i had my seibon for 2 years. My carbon creations one doesn't have it either.

Old 04-22-2010, 11:20 PM
5 Year Member
Not having the weather stripping will result in lower under hood temperature and could actually improve your car's performance by lowering intake air temperature.

Old 04-23-2010, 12:40 AM
5 Year Member
Just a word of warning, I absolutely HATE my Seibon Carbon Fibre Hood. Not only is it discolouring and fading in certain areas, but it's also chipping along the edges. I tried contacting Seibon, but shockingly enough they don't provide customer service.

I've had the hood on my vehicle for almost 2 years now, and even with it being regularly maintained, I still ran into these problems. It's now gotten to the point, where I'm now considering putting my OEM hood back on.

Old 04-23-2010, 12:50 AM
i JUST got my hood in as well...

all the clips broke off for the liner so i bought new ones at the dealer for 54 cents each (you only can clip in 4 as opposed to the 8 on the stock), I also picked up a new weather stripping... $21 dollars just to find out it don't fit... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Old 04-23-2010, 12:57 AM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JaySmith
Just a word of warning, I absolutely HATE my Seibon Carbon Fibre Hood. Not only is it discolouring and fading in certain areas, but it's also chipping along the edges. I tried contacting Seibon, but shockingly enough they don't provide customer service.

I've had the hood on my vehicle for almost 2 years now, and even with it being regularly maintained, I still ran into these problems. It's now gotten to the point, where I'm now considering putting my OEM hood back on.
Had mine for 2 years as well, on both my cars... Never chipped... also waxing it once in awhile kept it fresh... was still black when i sold it... and it was exposed to the harsh southern cali sun everyday.

Old 04-23-2010, 01:42 AM
5 Year Member
no line/rubber stripping for me also...2 yrs..

Old 04-23-2010, 07:54 AM
Cat
5 Year Member
One of the local guys has one on his Accord and has had it for 4 years and it still looks new. Conditioning is the most important thing you can do he told me. I am going to plan to change the stocker back on for winter weather so I can hopefully keep it looking nice longer. I am planning to order a replacement liner so they won't have to be changed out. Those clips are a bear to get out without breaking!

I loved the sticker on the Seibon box that if your hood is damaged in transport you have to take it up with the delivery person - not Seibon - made me wonder about their customer support too! As much as they cost they should have a warranty or guarantee for some span of time.

Old 04-23-2010, 08:14 AM
5 Year Member
i would def. change it out during the winter. I was always afraid that the snow and ice would crack it, or all the salt they put down on the roads would destroy it. I was always cleaning mine, and waxing it to keep it looking fresh.

Old 04-23-2010, 12:32 PM
Cat
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ToyotaFIT
i JUST got my hood in as well...

all the clips broke off for the liner so i bought new ones at the dealer for 54 cents each (you only can clip in 4 as opposed to the 8 on the stock), I also picked up a new weather stripping... $21 dollars just to find out it don't fit... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!
Love your car with the new hood! I will take some pictures of mine once I can get it cleaned up but your car looks really nice!

Old 04-23-2010, 12:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JDMchris.com
Had mine for 2 years as well, on both my cars... Never chipped... also waxing it once in awhile kept it fresh... was still black when i sold it... and it was exposed to the harsh southern cali sun everyday.
It sees an orbital polisher and waxing monthly, so that definitely didn't help prevent the cause. Infact a former friend of mine had the same occur to his Seibon Carbon Fibre Hood on his RX8.

Old 04-23-2010, 06:29 PM
5 Year Member
If worse comes to it just repaint the same color as your car. You won't be that flashy, but atleast you save on weight. I like CF hoods, but don't like the attention they attrach for theives knowing you have more in the car.

Old 04-23-2010, 09:01 PM
Cat
5 Year Member
Several people I know who live in this area have them but have never had any problems. My car is garaged kept at home and I park on a public lot - away from everyone and it is right beside a busy 4 lane and right in the middle of a residential area. The local cops are up and down that road all day long.

Old 04-23-2010, 09:43 PM
Besides, Cats car is so famous in her corner of WV that anyone who screwed with it would get turned in immediately! I wanna see some pics Cat, sooner rather than later.

Old 04-24-2010, 11:57 AM
5 Year Member
I can't wait to see pictures of it on her car.

Old 04-24-2010, 04:29 PM
And not just the hood either, some decent pics of the whole car, so we can see the new wheels too! Not that I'm being bossy or anything LOL

Old 04-24-2010, 08:01 PM
Cat
5 Year Member
Ok here are the pictures! We had a Honda meet tonight and I finally got some pictures taken of the car cleaned up!

Here is a picture of the 9 Hondas' that showed up:

Here is my baby!

I'm pretty happy with the results - still trying to find a T1R tow hook in black to finish it up. Yes, I know my goal is to make it look fast - Thought you guys would enjoy this sticker on a nice Honda CRX:

Old 04-24-2010, 08:10 PM
5 Year Member
I knew it was going to look great with the carbon fiber hood, I just wish I was able to get my car close to being so presentable.

Quick Reply: Seibon CF hood ?????