1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

What did you do to the GD Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 12:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ryanroland
I plan on putting on my CF duckbill wing and CF hatch garnesh. Ill post pics after I'm done. And some pics of TFB decals I got yesterday

Wheels arriving Monday! Now would someone please give me some springs so I can feel right about putting the rims on... anyone?

you and me both!

we can do a monster truck derby with our fits until we get some springs

Old 01-14-2011, 11:24 PM
^^^Yall need to search and read harder. Kenmei hit up texascoyote for those swifts. ryan hit up chicky on your WTB thread.

On another note: Drove the HELL out of her today testing front upper bar. Felt good, pushed her to 100 in a corner I usually hit at 80. Gotta love country roads. Front end feels good. Hoping to order front lower bar now to further tighten front. Then rear upper to finish off suspension.

Took some pics yesterday. More pics on Milano thread.

I REALLY NEED A GOOD CAMERA. Dont you wanna give me one?

Old 01-14-2011, 11:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Bthasht
^^^Yall need to search and read harder. Kenmei hit up texascoyote for those swifts. ryan hit up chicky on your WTB thread.

On another note: Drove the HELL out of her today testing front upper bar. Felt good, pushed her to 100 in a corner I usually hit at 80. Gotta love country roads. Front end feels good. Hoping to order front lower bar now to further tighten front. Then rear upper to finish off suspension.

Took some pics yesterday. More pics on Milano thread.

I REALLY NEED A GOOD CAMERA. Dont you wanna give me one?
Hey buddy I don't want my tax money paying for the cops to dig your body out of the woods! Keep your crazy driving on a track. And are you on stock tires?! Driving like an idiot may seem cool until you realize it's not worth risking everything you have ahead of you in life! Happens all the time to kids in WRX's, Si's, etc... and their cars are more performance-oriented than the Fit.

Last edited by coupdetat; 01-14-2011 at 11:40 PM.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:47 PM
^^^Im in VA your in CT. Your tax money wont pay for me my insurance will. No one travels this road I do play safely. If I had a WRX or STI probably would be faster, but im a honda guy. I know what im doing and it is up to me how I drive on an abandoned road. Not to be a dick as you clearly are to me, but people want to know how things handle and I push the limits. FYI speed limit is 65 on road. Thanx for your concern.

Old 01-14-2011, 11:57 PM
5 Year Member
Tax money is all one big pool in the end, it's irrelevant whether I pay $.0000001 or $.0000000001 of your impending disaster. Obviously I'm just making a point based on the principle. And insurance doesn't pay to dig dead bodies out of the woods. The police do. It's NOT completely "up to you" how you drive on a public road, whether you think it's abandoned or not. That's all I have to say--good luck.

Last edited by coupdetat; 01-15-2011 at 12:00 AM.
Old 01-15-2011, 12:03 AM
I have hit her up way back in Dec before Xmas and she doesn't go on the forums much anymore. I've texted her before I put up my nee thread but no response. Her price is right on but we'll see if she responds. I do my research trust me. Ask my wife if I spend too much time on here. Like right now I'm at a HS bball game on my phone on this forum. (Addict)

Old 01-15-2011, 12:08 AM
^^ Nice. I saw you did your homework, just thought you missed that one. Oh well. Good luck to you, springs come up all the time. Keep bumping your thread up. They will come. Good luck.

Old 01-15-2011, 12:16 AM
5 Year Member
My wife bought me a front upper strut bar for my fit as a "stocking STUFFER" for christmas. I got around to installing it last week and I can definitely feel a difference up front. This is coming from a guy who is anti-front strut bar because in my past, i've bought baller strut bars for my old civics like authentic mugen, J's Racing, Comptech, Carbing 3 point strut bars, among others, and never noticed a difference with one on. Its ironic because I used to be such a mugen (authentic mugen) whore when I had an 00 Civic SI and my GF bought me an ebay strut bar that says "Mugen Power" in the middle but it was the thought that counts. The strut bar along with the Progress rear sway bar and progress lowering springs really improved the handling.

Old 01-15-2011, 10:50 AM
5 Year Member
Upper strut bars are a must with wide rims on wheels with extreme offset that are used for spirited driving and cornering.... I wish I had the room for one.

Old 01-15-2011, 12:18 PM
^^ guess that answers the question. Bar cannot be used with kw high boost kit. Do you run the lower, or does that not have room either?

Old 01-15-2011, 01:05 PM
5 Year Member
There is room for a lower bar and I will probably get one in time... Ground clearance is a problem when my driveway gets washed out and I need a new tractor to take care of that... Problem is sugar sand and big iron ore rocks so an AWD tractor is needed and they are very costly.... It'll happen in about 18 months or maybe a little longer... I can only do without so much in the way of creature comforts and just have to be thrifty.

Old 01-15-2011, 02:02 PM
5 Year Member
Got Hailie to rotate the tires for me!!! lol

Old 01-15-2011, 02:34 PM
5 Year Member
What happened to Lexis? You must have overworked her... Hailie is a little doll too.

Old 01-15-2011, 04:36 PM
5 Year Member
Smile Fit Crew 2011

Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
What happened to Lexis? You must have overworked her... Hailie is a little doll too.
Lexie and Mercedees moved on w/ their uncle B. and visits quite often. Hailie is padra's best helper ever. She asks when we are going to work on the Fit!! Gotta love that from a young'n . We pulled the wheels off and cleaned the salt and grime out and added a set of 6k h4's to brighten up the road, which we'll try out tonight. If it would just get to 50 we'd be polishing & wax'n the Fit!! But this 30 ish is too cold for that.
I highly recomend make'n a positive difference in a child's life. I really am able to see the love Jesus has for all of us by being part of this. It's not hard, the kids only want to be loved and that's what we want too if ya really give some thought about this. Tex I belive in my heart that you would be a great foster caregiver, I don't like the term foster parent to much. Any way I diegress from the forum here.
We worked on the Fit today and life is gooood.

Everyone here on the foum here have a Great Weekend!
Mike

Old 01-16-2011, 07:09 AM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Perrenoud Fit - she is a cutie! Love the fact that she is rocking pink boots while she works - girl power!

I got my Fit cleaned up inside and out yesterday - even cleaned up the exhaust and engine bay since we hit 40 degrees. Was happy to have it cleaned up and looking nice even though it will only last a few days. More snow and rain on the way for this week - ugh!

Cat

Old 01-16-2011, 08:32 AM
Ordered my tanabe front lower bar today. Thanks onepiece. Cant wait to get it. Went home last night. Rear garnesh from vinnymac was there, vinal from don was there to wrap garnish, and five more password jdm washers and bolts were there to hopefully finish my bay bolts? 30 of those total now. Ouch. Blinged out. Will be installing bolts tonight after work, and opening garnish and vinal to check them out.

Old 01-16-2011, 09:32 AM
Originally Posted by Perrenoud Fit
I highly recomend make'n a positive difference in a child's life. I really am able to see the love Jesus has for all of us by being part of this. It's not hard, the kids only want to be loved and that's what we want too if ya really give some thought about this.
Mike, to pick-up on your beautiful digression,

My Mom used to say that your kids aren't going to remember how clean the kitchen floor was but will never forget what you and they did there... all that we all need is love.

I've been blessed with a wonderful daughter who is now planning her wedding. At 25yr I see in her a joy of love and happiness that is infectious. Couple that with the whole 'bride shtick' and it becomes downright amusing. She used to wear pink boots and jacket just like Hailie's.

Cute as a button.... God Bless.

Old 01-16-2011, 08:26 PM
Installed my JDM side markers. Went good. LOOK AMAZING.

Old 01-16-2011, 09:20 PM
5 Year Member
Bthasht sidemarkers and garnish look good, and i want a front strut bar too

Old 01-16-2011, 09:23 PM
I want to install my jdm EG sidemarkers on my fit but i haven't looked for a template.

Looks good man ^^

Quick Reply: What did you do to the GD Fit today?