1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

What did you do to the GD Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 12:49 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hondahunnie77
That is what smileys and the lil '' and 'haha's and ':P' are for....to show I am being more 'silly sarcastic' and not trying to be rude.....and I was asking how because no, I don't know how. And this is the place where I was trying to get that advice. That's what forums are for. Not to 'I can do this, what can you do?' kinda stuff....I have a license to radiate people for a living....but I don't think we need to be comparing what this person and that person can and can't do. I wouldn't have asked if I KNEW how to do it....I admit I have no idea...and I did find that same thread wayyy after this discussions origin. My continuation of the discussion at that point was simply a response to GD3_wagoon's insinuation that I couldn't follow the DIY when I hadn't found a DIY to follow....it sounded like he thought I had the instructions and didn't know how to follow them and that simply wasn't the case.
In that case I misunderstood, I am juggling a lot of projects, thoughts and obligations at the moment, and I sincerely apologize Inflection is often lost in text.

Now with that said, are there any questions remaining that perhaps we (or someone lurking) can help with? My girlfriend likes what you did with your pink (giggity) and is now contemplating a similar project for her S40!

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 10-13-2010 at 12:52 AM.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:02 AM
I think maybe my blond moment(s) are contagious :P

Somebody in one of the posts said the cloth pretty much peels off so I think I'll be ok-gonna wing it...I was ready to go play with it tonight but my hubby took my car to work tonight (pink and all LOL) so I'm outta luck. But I need to get material first before I start piddlin with it and then have nekked doors!! (and yes, you guessed it, the material will be PINK).

My fit is a work in progress. I actually had to handpaint the H on the steering wheel because taping it off was proving to be a pain. I did tape off the outer emblems to spray them, and removed the FIT logo entirely to spray it. My hubby paints on the side so we have hot amounts of barrier paper in the garage. I think I used 3/4's of it LOL. I got my new wheels via UPS today (AFTER Big O closed dang it) so we're heading up there to drop her off tomorrow for new wheels...and they are SIC!!!!! Can't wait. My hubby's also gonna put a pearl clear coat over the white as soon as we have the time (had the same done to my white CBR I used to have and damn did it look sweet) so I can't wait to see how it'll look on the Fit.

Old 10-13-2010, 01:22 AM
5 Year Member
I think maybe my blond moment(s) are contagious :P

Somebody in one of the posts said the cloth pretty much peels off so I think I'll be ok-gonna wing it...I was ready to go play with it tonight but my hubby took my car to work tonight (pink and all LOL) so I'm outta luck. But I need to get material first before I start piddlin with it and then have nekked doors!! (and yes, you guessed it, the material will be PINK).

My fit is a work in progress. I actually had to handpaint the H on the steering wheel because taping it off was proving to be a pain. I did tape off the outer emblems to spray them, and removed the FIT logo entirely to spray it. My hubby paints on the side so we have hot amounts of barrier paper in the garage. I think I used 3/4's of it LOL. I got my new wheels via UPS today (AFTER Big O closed dang it) so we're heading up there to drop her off tomorrow for new wheels...and they are SIC!!!!! Can't wait. My hubby's also gonna put a pearl clear coat over the white as soon as we have the time (had the same done to my white CBR I used to have and damn did it look sweet) so I can't wait to see how it'll look on the Fit.

Yea that seemed to be the consensus between the few threads that seemed pertinent. You could tear it off, or double sided tape/adhesive spray over the factory interior. Either approach would destroy the original material, so you might get a cleaner look tearing it out? Though the examples all looked pretty sharp!

Old 10-13-2010, 03:11 AM
5 Year Member
...My continuation of the discussion at that point was simply a response to GD3_wagoon's insinuation that I couldn't follow the DIY when I hadn't found a DIY to follow....it sounded like he thought I had the instructions and didn't know how to follow them and that simply wasn't the case.
i thought i gave legitimate advice; although, it was for a post i had obviously misunderstood. your mistake was taking it as a personal attack.. it wasn't but i guess it's all in how you chose to read my post. now that the air is all cleared up i hope we can play nice

back on topic, my gd3 clicked past 70k over the weekend and it runs as healthy as the day i drove it home

Old 10-13-2010, 07:59 AM
Originally Posted by GD3_Wagoon
i thought i gave legitimate advice; although, it was for a post i had obviously misunderstood. your mistake was taking it as a personal attack.. it wasn't but i guess it's all in how you chose to read my post. now that the air is all cleared up i hope we can play nice

back on topic, my gd3 clicked past 70k over the weekend and it runs as healthy as the day i drove it home
I don't ever NOT play nice hehehee....anyways...it went back several threads so its understandable to have misunderstood (does that make sense? lol)

My Fit (i have a 2010 and 'accidentally' ended up in the 01-08 forum if that tells you anything about my 'newbie' status) hasn't hit 6000 miles yet....loving having a car with just 4 digits on the mileage though (last car was an '06 with well over 120,000 miles-work 55 miles one way from home very nice change). Gettin new BWT Mirage wheels put on this morning that just came UPS last night....I am soooooo excited, hopefully I'll have pics tonight!!

Old 10-13-2010, 12:45 PM
Super Moderator
put my new floor mats in

Old 10-13-2010, 06:41 PM
5 Year Member
^^ Now get that salt cleaned out LOL

Old 10-13-2010, 07:18 PM
5 Year Member
^x2

that looks bad haha, im glad that i can vacuum the sand from the carpets super easy, and having all weather floor mats is a plus.

Old 10-13-2010, 07:49 PM
5 Year Member
Looks great but how to get the salt out of the drivers side??? Hummm Google It

Re: How to remove salt stains from car interior?
On 20 Mar 2005 02:07:01 GMT, DC <> wrote:

>Well, winter is almost at an end. I have a significant build-up of
>hardened salt crystals embedded in the carpets in my car. What is the
>best way to remove this stuff?

From http://www.saltinstitute.org no less;

Removing "salt stains" from carpets - "Salt" stains are usually caused
by calcium chloride and magnesium chloride, not sodium chloride,
caccording to the Carpet and Rug Institute. Rock salt has small
amounts of both of these salts imbedded in it. The problem comes with
solubility. Patience and lots of rinse cycles are the key and
sometimes calcium carbonate forms and this is fairly insoluble. Try
to vacuum most of the dry residue off before using cool to warm water
and a very small amount of carpet shampoo. Once the cleaning solution
has been applied, allow time for it to dissolve the deposit. Blot, do
not scrub, the spot. Sodium chloride is more soluble at lower temps
than at higher ones. Then rinse with clear lukewarm water, blotting
up the excess moisture and follow with another water rinse and blot
dry. This should work. If not, try a cleaning mixture of 1/2 white
vinegar to 1/2 lukewarm water, allow to stand 15 minutes and rinse
with clear water.

Hope This Helps
Mike
PS 2 words here AllWeather Mats!! well maybe 3 words.

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 10-13-2010 at 07:55 PM.
Old 10-14-2010, 02:17 PM
I have my rear sway bar sitting next to me at work ACHING!!! to go on the fit torture!

Old 10-14-2010, 02:26 PM
5 Year Member
Realized my front passenger speakers arent working. GARR and now that i know I can actually hear it

Old 10-14-2010, 03:01 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Perrenoud Fit
PS 2 words here AllWeather Mats!! well maybe 3 words.
I do have all weather mats. The ring though is above where the mats cover, so yea.

Old 10-14-2010, 04:15 PM
5 Year Member
I've been under the hood, under the car and the dash.... I have so much to do that I don't really know where to start and more parts are on the way.... I think I'll get in the old beater truck and head out for the liquor store after I drink my last bottle of beer.... Not to worry, it will also be the first I've drank this month and is the last of a six pack I bought seven weeks ago.... Little things that pile up make me crazy.

Old 10-14-2010, 05:21 PM
5 Year Member
installed a headunit and subwoofer.

Old 10-14-2010, 06:25 PM
5 Year Member
Pix Please

Originally Posted by hehn
installed a headunit and subwoofer.
Whoot woot

Post in the ICE

Old 10-14-2010, 07:40 PM
5 Year Member
I cut out a section of the hood bracing on the right side above the location of the air filter to the supercharger.... I now have a larger diameter conical filter that has a funnel shaped base mount in place of the oval K&N filter with flat base mount that came with the kit... It is an inexpensive Specter filter from Auto Zone that I had to buy to replace the damaged filter on an AEM CAI and it was and is an improvement that can be heard and felt.

Old 10-14-2010, 07:44 PM
5 Year Member
JDM coin pocket!

woot minor mod, should be receiving my Little Wil CB radio antenna tomorrow, post office put it on the wrong outgoing mail truck. USPS is fail!

Old 10-14-2010, 10:06 PM
5 Year Member
Progress rear sway bar last week. Rear wiper mod tomorrow and new rims next week....

Old 10-14-2010, 10:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shaun954
JDM coin pocket!

woot minor mod, should be receiving my Little Wil CB radio antenna tomorrow, post office put it on the wrong outgoing mail truck. USPS is fail!
Give your roof a good waxing if the antenna is going on the roof with a magnetic attachment pad and be sure to lift the thing off the car completely before you try turning the thing to adjust were the line goes out.

I scratched the fark out of my roof like that after having my GD for less than 9 months and I'm still pissed off at myself for that.

Old 10-15-2010, 01:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hootie
Give your roof a good waxing if the antenna is going on the roof with a magnetic attachment pad and be sure to lift the thing off the car completely before you try turning the thing to adjust were the line goes out.

I scratched the fark out of my roof like that after having my GD for less than 9 months and I'm still pissed off at myself for that.
Awesome great tip. Thanks.

The antenna is magnetic, i just quick waxed my car monday. my original plan was to put some painters tape on the car.

i think ill do both.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the GD Fit today?