1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

What did you do to the GD Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 11:56 PM
5 Year Member
Got a loud stone chip on my windshield while driving home last night. Argh.

Old 10-12-2010, 12:00 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah I have one too. Those are the worst. Had mine for awhile now, maybe for like about 4 years now. Still the same size, never treated.

Old 10-12-2010, 12:07 AM
5 Year Member
Washed, vacuum, detailed, checked fluids. installed CB radio. have P.A., wont get to it till wed. its been a good day today

Old 10-12-2010, 12:56 AM
5 Year Member
Drove it to a local tire shop to get some go kart tires replaced, tires rubbed like hell in the rear due to a godzilla bumps on both sides of the train tracks.

After the tires were swapped, one of the tabs holding the plastic on the hatch decided to break. So, I drove to the dealer on the way to school and had them order it on warranty. -.-

DSC_1450.jpg?t=1286858260

While at the dealer, the part got ordered, the Fit got complemented by the service adviser and I was asked my opinion on HFP muffler. Later on found out that I was the only one known in the area with it.

After class, took a few night pics of it. None of which came out good due to an unsteady hand. -.- After that, filled it up, did some math and averaged 37 MPG for that tank.

Old 10-12-2010, 06:20 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by taFITta_sport
Yeah I have one too. Those are the worst. Had mine for awhile now, maybe for like about 4 years now. Still the same size, never treated.
Mine came just a few short months after I had insurance replace my own windshield. The old one developed a really long crack from the bottom-middle, then snaked to the left...and it all sprouted from just one itty-bitty stone chip.

I got a feeling there are people throwing stones at oncoming cars somewhere along my route going home.

Good for you yours hasn't sprouted or done any more damage. Fingers crossed...

Old 10-12-2010, 06:25 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hootie
After class, took a few night pics of it. None of which came out good due to an unsteady hand. -.-
Unsolicited advice:
Try standing and bracing the camera as steady as you can, taking a deep breath, then tripping the shutter button with a controlled squeeze as you slowly exhale. Worked wonders for me when I still used my dad's 1980 Nikon FM SLR - nothing automatic on that. I could shoot decent handheld night shots at 1/4 sec and no flash using that technique.

Old 10-12-2010, 06:53 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Type 100
Unsolicited advice:
Try standing and bracing the camera as steady as you can, taking a deep breath, then tripping the shutter button with a controlled squeeze as you slowly exhale. Worked wonders for me when I still used my dad's 1980 Nikon FM SLR - nothing automatic on that. I could shoot decent handheld night shots at 1/4 sec and no flash using that technique.
That is the same way that Marines are trained to shoot rifles at Camp Pendleton before they can get out of boot camp..... That goes with the signature Hootie has about "This is my Fit" except he changed it from "This is my rifle" which is called "The Rifleman's Creed" in the Corps.....

Old 10-12-2010, 11:02 AM
Has anyone replace/recovered or attempted either with the door cloth? I am debating, I hate the little blue specks and it shows dirt so bad-wondering if anybody has tried or done this???

Old 10-12-2010, 02:53 PM
5 Year Member
check the interior forums theres a DIY for wrapping the panels

Old 10-12-2010, 03:23 PM
Tried that before I posted the question.....all I get are posts about 'can't do it tomorrow I'm rewrapping my door panels' or 'yeah you could do your door panels or headliner' etc.....and being new to this I'm just not finding it-played with the search too and guess the blond moment is upon me.....a link would be nice maybe?

Old 10-12-2010, 03:29 PM
5 Year Member
i found the DIY straight forward and easy to understand. if you're not able to follow it and/or are too afraid of breaking something then it's best to take it to a pro.

Old 10-12-2010, 03:36 PM
I said I couldn't FIND it in the forum, not that I can't follow the DIY-I can't FIND the DIY....I'm not afriad of breaking anything, except maybe my computer screen!!! Apparently you read my post completely wrong.

Old 10-12-2010, 05:23 PM
5 Year Member
i must be missing something. no where in your post did you say you can't find the DIY thread. the way i understood it, you've already asked the same question in in the interior sub forum and those were the responses you were receiving... i'm not a mind reader

Old 10-12-2010, 05:28 PM
5 Year Member
Old 10-12-2010, 05:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hondahunnie77
I said I couldn't FIND it in the forum, not that I can't follow the DIY-I can't FIND the DIY....I'm not afriad of breaking anything, except maybe my computer screen!!! Apparently you read my post completely wrong.
This is one of several that came up with the search query "interior door panel re-wrap" and there a couple really cool examples. There are other threads but I am at work and this is all I had time for at the moment.. a 5 sec cursory search of the results shows others to this effect... so I'm gonna have to go with you were having a blonde moment

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...oof-liner.html

Old 10-13-2010, 12:19 AM
Fit4Trav wrote "check the interior forums theres a DIY for wrapping the panels "
and my response to that was "tried that before I posted the question *on here*------I'm just not finding it, played with the search...." etc....

I said that 'all i get are posts about---------
and I was quoting the results that were coming up when I was searching for the DIY's.....no mind reading, just following the msgs in order slick

I will try not to break anything :P haha

Old 10-13-2010, 12:22 AM
and apparently I'm just not as cool as you two :P since I didn't find it in one try....I typed in 'rewrapping door panel' and if it wasn't under that EXACT wording it wouldn't pull up the same thing yours did....I am not a mind reader (of how anybody worded their re-wrap discussion) either....the things I mentioned were what I found when I typed that in, and people MENTIONED it, like they'd done it or they were gonna do it, but no how-to.....

Old 10-13-2010, 12:31 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hondahunnie77
Fit4Trav wrote "check the interior forums theres a DIY for wrapping the panels "
and my response to that was "tried that before I posted the question *on here*------I'm just not finding it, played with the search...." etc....

I said that 'all i get are posts about---------
and I was quoting the results that were coming up when I was searching for the DIY's.....no mind reading, just following the msgs in order slick

I will try not to break anything :P haha

That attitude will garner lots of help...

If you can't figure it out from even the three pages linked with pics and descriptions of what clips to pop I don't know what to tell you.

I build engines, transmissions and custom forced induction systems from scratch in my garage and tune them myself on different fuels and blends... Yet you can't seem to figure out upholstery.. So no need to be rude.

Best of luck in your future pursuits.

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 10-13-2010 at 12:34 AM.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:44 AM
That is what smileys and the lil '' and 'haha's and ':P' are for....to show I am being more 'silly sarcastic' and not trying to be rude.....and I was asking how because no, I don't know how. And this is the place where I was trying to get that advice. That's what forums are for. Not to 'I can do this, what can you do?' kinda stuff....I have a license to radiate people for a living....but I don't think we need to be comparing what this person and that person can and can't do. I wouldn't have asked if I KNEW how to do it....I admit I have no idea...and I did find that same thread wayyy after this discussions origin. My continuation of the discussion at that point was simply a response to GD3_wagoon's insinuation that I couldn't follow the DIY when I hadn't found a DIY to follow....it sounded like he thought I had the instructions and didn't know how to follow them and that simply wasn't the case.

Old 10-13-2010, 12:45 AM
ANDDDDD thank you for the link also...

Quick Reply: What did you do to the GD Fit today?