1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

What did you do to the GD Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 04:24 PM
5 Year Member
Installed UR fender brace!!

Old 08-13-2010, 06:17 PM
5 Year Member
Started it for the first time in a week and straightened out how it was parked in the garage.

Old 08-13-2010, 06:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Krimson_Cardnal
Wow. That sucks...sorry to hear.

Be real interesting to hear from the tech what let go and how and what's up with the head. How long will it be tied up? How long was it on 3cyl??
only a couple of miles i think... my wife drove it just far enough to get off at the next exit...

i'm going to quote all of this into a new thread...

Old 08-13-2010, 08:20 PM
We'll watch for it.

Old 08-13-2010, 10:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DTruth
I went for a drive im my Fit and picked up 2 boxes

Nice choice in wheels. Snap some photos when those go on

What's the spec on those? The text on the label is too small for me to read.

Old 08-13-2010, 10:19 PM
5 Year Member
Looks like the box says they are 15 x 6.5 et +42.

Old 08-13-2010, 10:52 PM
5 Year Member
I was coming home from a dental appointment 100 miles way in Dallas and had a guy in a brand new tricked out Mustang pulled up even with me on a 4 lane U.S. Highway and stayed beside me.... If I slowed he slowed if I increased speed he did also..... One thing led to another and I ended up finding out how fast the Mustang could go while viewing it through my rear view mirror before shifting into top gear.... I'm not sure which of us was more surprised but we smiled and waved at one another when I reached my exit.

Old 08-14-2010, 02:51 AM
5 Year Member
Went to a repo yard with my mom to look at a 2008 Mitsubishi Pajero 3.0 DI-D up for auction.

Old 08-14-2010, 05:00 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
I was coming home from a dental appointment 100 miles way in Dallas and had a guy in a brand new tricked out Mustang pulled up even with me on a 4 lane U.S. Highway and stayed beside me.... If I slowed he slowed if I increased speed he did also..... One thing led to another and I ended up finding out how fast the Mustang could go while viewing it through my rear view mirror before shifting into top gear.... I'm not sure which of us was more surprised but we smiled and waved at one another when I reached my exit.

Wouda been a hoot eh? Where are those troopers when you need one?

Old 08-14-2010, 08:42 AM
5 Year Member
Did the weekly grocery run.

Old 08-14-2010, 11:59 AM
5 Year Member
Cleaned the interior of the Fit. Found the perfect way to do it. Get a swifer duster use it by hand to pick up all the dust. Than you take some 303 and put that on a rag wipe over every thing. This gives a more of a mate look than a shiney and repels dust and UV rays. Than all you have to do is vacum. I love this 3 step method so easy and works great. Now i will see how long it loos good for

Old 08-14-2010, 01:52 PM
Haha even the lower powered new stangs are 300 horses. I bet he was thoroughly surprised.

Today was busy. Woke up, thought hey I want to make the fit mine today.

First things first, gotta get rid of the dirt that always sits on the rear wiper - stiffy wiper mod. Found out after lots of groaning that the push pins on the bottom of the tailgate can be easily removed by pushing in the center first - this is what, the 6th honda I've disassembled in the past 5 years and I never figured that out until now?

Then I thought hey, I want to use my fogs as my DRLs and save money on headlight replacement since I use my lowbeams at all times. Sweated all over the dash and cut my finger, but in the end I have ignition switched fogs that still turn off when highbeams come up (the way I wanted it). Nice.

Then I thought hey, the freeze-me AC wiring looks a little beat from all the times I pulled the fuse cover so I thought I'd put some fresh dielectric grease into the terminals. Well after ruining and replacing a connector it's up and working again.

Then I thought hey, I've been having this itch for wanting the car to go faster, and I wondered if it might be that I just want easier acceleration for these five minute jaunts around town. I then grabbed the hook off the accelerator helper spring and found it will wrap nicely around the under-dash tray to a perfectly convenient hole without binding the spring. Can easily replace onto the pedal for long trips and take off for fun driving.

Then I got overheated and went inside, and here I am.

Old 08-14-2010, 02:36 PM
5 Year Member

Dang what do you got in ur Fit. Seems like it would have to be a K swap to be able to pull on a mustang on the highway. Inless it was a older model one but the new ones come with i believe 300hp and thats the base model.

Old 08-14-2010, 02:37 PM
5 Year Member
Hmm well just droped of my J's lip and grill to get painted it will be done Tuesday Afternoon. Cost me $170 for both. Than i just have to install and take some pics of it.

Old 08-14-2010, 03:04 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 08fithappy
Dang what do you got in ur Fit. Seems like it would have to be a K swap to be able to pull on a mustang on the highway. Inless it was a older model one but the new ones come with i believe 300hp and thats the base model.
T can't figure out why the guy wanted to challenge me because I was poking along in the right lane but when he dropped gears and took off I did the same and even though he had a couple of lengths on me when I did I was able to stay on him at partial throttle closing the gap , letting off and closing it again. When all was clear I went around him... When I hit 5th at 7200 RPM he gave up because I was still pulling strong in 5th..... Pleases don't get the idea that I was speeding because that is not characteristic of a 60 year old disabled Marine combat veteran.... KWSC High Boost Kit and a few other after market things I have done have worked out very well for me.

Old 08-14-2010, 03:55 PM
Certainly is not characteristic... ;-)

Old 08-14-2010, 04:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Krimson_Cardnal
Certainly is not characteristic... ;-)
Sounds like some Texas BS to me.

Old 08-14-2010, 04:47 PM
5 Year Member
T can't figure out why the guy wanted to challenge me because I was poking along in the right lane but when he dropped gears and took off I did the same and even though he had a couple of lengths on me when I did I was able to stay on him at partial throttle closing the gap , letting off and closing it again. When all was clear I went around him... When I hit 5th at 7200 RPM he gave up because I was still pulling strong in 5th..... Pleases don't get the idea that I was speeding because that is not characteristic of a 60 year old disabled Marine combat veteran.... KWSC High Boost Kit and a few other after market things I have done have worked out very well for me.
No sounds good to me. Right now the bigest killer of marines is car accedents. Dam nice setup for sure. Semper Fi from one Combat Vet to another

Old 08-15-2010, 12:16 AM
oil change with royal purple

Old 08-15-2010, 02:28 AM
5 Year Member
Gave the Fit a Bath. Now she's all sparkly again

Quick Reply: What did you do to the GD Fit today?