1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

What did you do to the GD Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2024, 09:50 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
Gave her a wash
@DiamondStarMonsters Well... That's a member name I wasn't expecting to see for a while.

Glad to see you still have your Fit.

Old 07-25-2024, 11:56 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hootie
@DiamondStarMonsters Well... That's a member name I wasn't expecting to see for a while.

Glad to see you still have your Fit.
Hey man, It’s been a while, that’s for sure. While I have the Fit for now, I am starting the process of finding a new home for it.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/sale...-new-post.html

I have 2 other cars, and I’m looking to free up some space. It was easily the most reliable car I’ve ever had, it’s been a lot of fun. Maybe someone else will enjoy it and appreciate some of the goodies/extras I’m looking to send off with it

Old 08-29-2024, 12:25 AM
My headlights were out and I replaced the switch (accidentally breaking the clock spring during that venture) and bulbs, which didn't look burnt out to begin with. Running lights also didn't work, and though the headlight indicator shows up on the dash (despite no headlights) the brights indicator didn't light up
It doesn't look like the recall on those wires behind the switch was done on mine, or if it was, they did a good job. My VIN didn't show up when checking for the recall too. Fuses and relay is fine as well.

After checking for bad wires between the driver's side headlight and fuse box and brushed some dirt off the headlight bulb connector, my headlights started working again. Don't know if it was because I wiggled the right wire, or if it was the dirt. But at least I know the issue is downstream from the fusebox and I don't have to go messing with the wires between the switch and fusebox, which is a fresh level of hell. So I can just put in my new clockspring. And put a new H on the airbag casing since mine is worn to crap.