1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

What did you do to the GD Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2021, 04:33 PM
Super Moderator
Recently hit 200K miles.

Old 02-25-2021, 02:02 PM
5 Year Member
Welcome to the club!

You're in good company...

[/QUOTE]

Old 03-18-2021, 02:55 PM
Replaced my windshield 🤣

Replaced my windshield

Old 06-03-2021, 01:17 PM
Picked up this guy 2 weeks ago,2007, 160000km for $1700 can , certified. Guy wrapped it this green (spent $2000)because people would always cut him off and would this would help people see him. Just had the axle update done and getting the eps replaced under the service update .

Old 06-10-2021, 12:08 PM

Recently changed the oil in my 2008, did it out in the driveway since it was a nice day. Spilled oil on the driveway as you can see, so now to find a concrete cleaner product and clean it up.

Old 06-17-2021, 01:25 PM
New used rims

Old 07-11-2021, 09:55 PM
Added Honda sticker

Hey y’all! New to this community but as very excited to start messing around and hopefully nodding this car. So far I have just put a new clutch on it, rebuilt my exhaust from the exhaust back, but a cheep shift knob on, and added a license plate cover and a sticker.

Old 08-01-2021, 10:29 AM
Jazz

put some HID lights in the jazz. Any other modification suggestions.

Old 10-24-2021, 09:12 PM
Drove my new to me for past 2 months to a local historic covered bridge

Old 11-08-2021, 09:36 PM
Started planning some interior mods

Old 11-09-2021, 01:32 PM
5 Year Member
I took my 1st Gen 2007 Honda Ft Sport in for an Oil change. Was told the battery wasn't good but under Honda's Warranty so was given a new one for free. This battery is only a year old if that. Asked to have my right-side rear passenger window looked at it hasn't gone down in a long time. They worked on it for over an hour and still couldn't find the problem. I said never mind and after I left for some reason I tried to lower the back window and it went down but not back up. So back to the Honda dealership at 2:00pm today to have the window looked at again and brought back up. I really can't complain to much. My Honda Fit Sport is 14 years, 7 months, 19 days old with 335,285 miles on her.

Old 11-11-2021, 09:43 AM
Just ordered KSPORT Coilovers for the GD! Excited to hopefully take her out on the track soon!

Old 11-13-2021, 08:08 PM
5 Year Member
Took the GD out today to run some errands, took off the autocross wheel/tires for my street set, and visited family as well. The battery is beginning to show signs of needing replacement so I may end up replacing it soon with an Anti-Gravity battery but haven't committed to that thought just yet.

It also amazes me how well the car has held up after almost 14 years of ownership. I'm thinking a mild resto-mod might be due soon to make it look and feel young again.

Old 12-08-2021, 08:29 PM
Finally installed Ksport Coilovers on the GD3 over the weekend! Snapped rear shock bolt, but overall very happy with KSPORT quality and fitment!

Dropped off at the shop tonight for alignment, and weld on DC Sports muffler

Old 12-26-2021, 04:05 AM
Smile 2006 JDM GD1 owner says hello

Hi all, first time poster here. Today I took my GD1 on a picnic road trip to the beach with visiting family (Southern Hemisphere Summer). The open roads around here are very hilly so the little L13A was grinding away at fairly high revs much of the time, but it's running quieter, smoother, and more economically after my recent DIY valve adjustment at 200,000 km. I've been chasing persistent negative fuel trims since getting the car a year ago, but that's probably for another post - it's not bad enough to raise codes, but I'd like to find out what's up.

I've probably gone a bit overboard on the maintenance since getting the car, but here's a quick rundown of what I've done:
  • Fixed jammed door lock by removing one very worn pin
  • Restored headlights (outside and in!) to pass local roadworthiness test
  • Sealed leaky bodywork around the tailgate/hatch and brake lights
  • Treated rusty boot well (there was literally a pond in there when I bought it!)
  • Replaced (all 8) coils and plugs with NGK parts (fixed hesitation at 1000-1500 RPM)
  • Changed CVT fluid (Honda CVTF), added XADO EX120, and performed CVT stall tests to burnish start clutch (tests pass, and juddering on uphill acceleration seems to be gone)
  • Valve adjustment (with new gaskets), replaced PCV valve and grommet, coolant change with new thermostat and main radiator hoses, cleaned carbon buildup from intake and EGR system, cleaned throttle body and IAC valve
  • Injectors cleaned and flow tested
  • Tested cylinder compression (pass)
  • Replaced blown lamps with LEDs on shifter, A/C and window heater buttons
  • Couple of oil and filter changes
  • New engine and cabin air filters
  • New fuel filter
  • Some paint and body filler work (not finished, and it will probably always look a bit shabby)
It's rewarded me by running smoothly and very reliably so far. Oh, I've also been writing my own OBD logging software on Linux, hopefully to be installed with a Raspberry Pi in the car itself at some point. These forums have been a great resource since owning the car so it's good to finally sign up and say hello.

Old 01-19-2022, 04:16 PM
5 Year Member
On my way back from the bike trail yesterday I was hearing a loud whine that varied with engine RPM, a slight squeak at idle too. Got home, felt the idler pulley and there was movement. So today was replacing the idler pulley and serpentine belt. Luckily none of the bolts were put on by King Kong so the only annoying part was getting the splash shield out of the way and navigating the cramped space to get the pulley off/new one in.
Belt looked to be in good shape but replaced it anyway (had actually bought these replacement parts back in 2020). I used Gates K050448 belt and Gates 38011 Belt Drive Pulley (had to add a washer to the concave side). Thought about finally installing the Tokico HTS but then decided I wanted lunch and to not be working on the car anymore. Maybe next time.

Old 01-20-2022, 05:09 PM
Finally fixed my EGR issues! Nothing like an upcoming emissions test to get stuff done

I'll post more details in the project thread but basically this involved opening it up multiple times, several tests, maths, and 3d printing. No way this was worth the time vs just getting a new one but it feels good!

Old 01-20-2022, 06:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mobby_6kl
Finally fixed my EGR issues! Nothing like an upcoming emissions test to get stuff done

I'll post more details in the project thread but basically this involved opening it up multiple times, several tests, maths, and 3d printing. No way this was worth the time vs just getting a new one but it feels good!
No testing here, so I'm going to give this a try...

Dropped off that head to be ported, valve job, inconel exhaust valves, stronger springs, resurfaced, etc today. Told them to do everything they can.

I haven't been posting it really, but we're in the middle of a full engine and turbo build.

Old 01-21-2022, 03:51 AM
Originally Posted by GAFIT
No testing here, so I'm going to give this a try...

Dropped off that head to be ported, valve job, inconel exhaust valves, stronger springs, resurfaced, etc today. Told them to do everything they can.

I haven't been posting it really, but we're in the middle of a full engine and turbo build.
The car ran fine with the valve seized closed so it should be fine. Although I had the CEL on the enitre time, that's probably not a concer if you'll run a custom ECU. Is this the L15? Or a mirrored image? Because my valve is on the other side

Do post a thread, it'd be great to see what can be done with these cars. I do have some vague ideas for my car but now i'm a bit concerned about the dual-spark ignition, as I've no idea how it's timed, if it will run on one set, or if I'd be able to get it to work with a speeduino.

Old 01-21-2022, 08:28 AM
5 Year Member
It is an L15, but the EGR isn't bolted to the head in that pic. You can see where it's actually located in this pic...

Car runs on an Hondata so I can turn off the EGR codes.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the GD Fit today?