1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

What did you do to the GD Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2015, 10:01 PM
5 Year Member
Replaced sparks and 2 coil packs

Over the last week or two I started getting the dreaded stutter missing symptom though it wasn't throwing a code.

Decided to replace the plugs and coil packs #1 & 3 came apart while removing them. so had to go out and get 2 of the bloody things at retail prices. Ugh.

Everything replaced and the car is running like it should.

Old 05-29-2015, 10:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by s0x
sr-1R oil change, VOLK center caps came in, WEAPON R CEL eliminator came in and ordered the holy grail (mine at least) ARC Burned mirror finish shift Titan Shift knob.
Pics or it didn't happen sOx!

Originally Posted by jmsplitfyre
Do these pulleys require different belts? Or the oem fit fine?
The UR pulley set comes with everything needed (crank pulley, alternator pulley, and Gates serpentine belt). It was a lot easy to does it then I thought. I have done pulleys on all my Civic's in the past with hand tools and this was basically the same. Unfortunately you want to remove the intake manifold to make it easier. But honestly I had to do that anyway to install my Thermo intake manifold gasket and finish wrapping my intake runners with DEI gold foil tape. So it all work out for me.

Old 05-30-2015, 04:32 AM
s0x
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Rollerboots666
Pics or it didn't happen sOx!

The UR pulley set comes with everything needed (crank pulley, alternator pulley, and Gates serpentine belt). It was a lot easy to does it then I thought. I have done pulleys on all my Civic's in the past with hand tools and this was basically the same. Unfortunately you want to remove the intake manifold to make it easier. But honestly I had to do that anyway to install my Thermo intake manifold gasket and finish wrapping my intake runners with DEI gold foil tape. So it all work out for me.
PICS TO COME! ps JS RACING LIP CAME TOO! woot!

Old 05-30-2015, 01:43 PM
5 Year Member
Picked up the car this morning. Had to have wheels rebalanced and the alignment done. Adhesive on the wheel weights gave up. It wasn't fun riding around the last two weeks with out-of-balance wheels. Also had the rusting and rattling heat shield replaced and surprisingly, a taillight was out, had that replaced, and car inspected.

Old 05-31-2015, 05:05 PM
5 Year Member
Check car for vibration and saw a cracked side engine mount

Old 05-31-2015, 05:57 PM
5 Year Member
It was time for all 4 packs and plugs went with oem beck arnley and ngk . GUH

Old 06-02-2015, 12:45 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the info!
I was debating between the UR pulleys and the Ralco ones which uses the oem belts. I'm assuming the Gates belts that come with the UR set have the part #'s on them in case the user wants to replace them?

Old 06-02-2015, 09:02 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the info!
I was debating between the UR pulleys and the Ralco ones which uses the oem belts. I'm assuming the Gates belts that come with the UR set have the part #'s on them in case the user wants to replace them?
I went with the ralco pulleys and they have been great, I liked that I could use the oem belt incase it needed to be replaced.. Much easier to find lol

Old 06-04-2015, 10:58 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the info!
Yeah the gates number is on the box incase you need to get another belt.

Originally Posted by cnordt24
I went with the ralco pulleys and they have been great, I liked that I could use the oem belt incase it needed to be replaced.. Much easier to find lol
The Ralco seem nice and i'm sure they work great but sometimes it's about the quality. I have had UR pulleys in the past and they are as good as they come. Given the option I will spend the cash on quality. That's the one thing at pains me about the Fit (GD3) is the quality part selection on the market.

Old 06-05-2015, 09:30 PM
5 Year Member
Got another set of wheels for practice days at the track. Went with the Drag DR-21. These were as close as I cold get to my Volk's with offset, size, and weight (4lbs heavier) for the price. Put some fresh Bridgestone RE-11 A's on them too.

Name:  unnamed-6.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  285.1 KB

Old 06-08-2015, 05:09 AM
s0x
5 Year Member
Got another set of wheels for practice days at the track. Went with the Drag DR-21. These were as close as I cold get to my Volk's with offset, size, and weight (4lbs heavier) for the price. Put some fresh Bridgestone RE-11 A's on them too.

whats the weight diff between this and rpf1?

Old 06-10-2015, 02:29 PM
5 Year Member
Last week added the Mugen interior rear-view mirror cover in VBP. Got it from King Motorsports [they have all colors in stock].

And yesterday, I received my replica "GD-3" Japanese license plate from A-Spec Products. I placed an order for one something like six years ago, and A-Spec was sold out and had no plans to ever make any again. Well, I checked about a week ago, and somewhere along the way A-Spec decided to produce GD3 plates again. The plate is gorgeous. Thanks, A-Spec!

Old 06-10-2015, 02:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by HotIron
Last week added the Mugen interior rear-view mirror cover in VBP. Got it from King Motorsports [they have all colors in stock].

And yesterday, I received my replica "GD-3" Japanese license plate from A-Spec Products. I placed an order for one something like six years ago, and A-Spec was sold out and had no plans to ever make any again. Well, I checked about a week ago, and somewhere along the way A-Spec decided to produce GD3 plates again. The plate is gorgeous. Thanks, A-Spec!
Pics? Also, is it the same size as the japanese license plates or does it just LOOK like them but are the size of USDM plates?

Old 06-10-2015, 02:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by EightyFour
Pics? Also, is it the same size as the japanese license plates or does it just LOOK like them but are the size of USDM plates?

I don't have any pics yet, but here's the link to the plate product listings.

A Spec JDM License Plates

and here's the GD3 -- says it's 13" x 6.5". I have no idea what the dimensions of a Japanese plate are. It just looks good.

A Spec Products JDM License Plate GD3

Old 06-10-2015, 03:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by HotIron
I don't have any pics yet, but here's the link to the plate product listings.

A Spec JDM License Plates

and here's the GD3 -- says it's 13" x 6.5". I have no idea what the dimensions of a Japanese plate are. It just looks good.

A Spec Products JDM License Plate GD3
13x6.5 is the Japanese specs. Nice pick up!

Old 06-11-2015, 09:27 AM
Super Moderator
Welp, not really sure whybut the car seems to be running now. So I just need to check fluids, resecure some harnesses, throw the driver seat back in and take it for a test drive.

Old 06-12-2015, 01:30 AM
I have a bad coil pack and curious... should I spend the cash and replace them all or just the bad one?

Is there any benefit to a new coil pack if the original isn't bad?
I would imagine not as it just passes current... The car only has 68,000 km its an '07.

Cheers,
Ken

Old 06-13-2015, 01:21 PM
5 Year Member
Got new lights for the arse end! Picked them up while in Japan for super cheap. JDM clear 3rd and GD3 LED Tails.

Name:  5af9af10-8cfb-4962-987d-d84f3ba5a7cc_zpsjqxh3xuc.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  306.0 KB

Old 06-13-2015, 07:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Kronk
I have a bad coil pack and curious... should I spend the cash and replace them all or just the bad one?

Is there any benefit to a new coil pack if the original isn't bad?
I would imagine not as it just passes current... The car only has 68,000 km its an '07.

Cheers,
Ken
Ahh the dreaded 07 coil pack issue. I'd say just replace the bad one for now. Try RockAuto.com for the replacement coil packs, since the dealership will just charge you a lot for a re-branded Hitachi one. :/

More Information for HITACHI IGC0053

Old 06-13-2015, 07:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by devmail
Got new lights for the arse end! Picked them up while in Japan for super cheap. JDM clear 3rd and GD3 LED Tails.

Jealous! I'm gonna replace my Depo ones when I get my hands on a set of these. I'm going to Japan early next year, where can I find stuff like these?

Quick Reply: What did you do to the GD Fit today?