1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

What did you do to the GD Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2014, 04:00 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Woody150
I think you'll like the pulley upgrade. I liked it for mine.
What is a CDV bypass?
Ive got the pully as well, I'm a big fan.. can definitely feel the difference in the higher rpm range

Old 12-30-2014, 06:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by geopat
Got home yesterday from a week long trip to Florida. Picked up a few things for the fit while I was down there.
Ralco crank pully
mugen window visors
Stainless line and fittings for a CDV bypass
My renewed plate stickers also came in the mail while I was gone.
Where did you get the CDV bypass?

Old 12-30-2014, 10:11 PM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
Name:  imagejpg1_zps91a0c543.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  82.7 KB

Old 12-30-2014, 10:31 PM
5 Year Member
Got the visors and clutch line in on the weekend. very happy with both. The cdv bypass makes the clutch less sluggish its easier and smoother to shift. took me maybe an hour to install and put the visors on while I let the clutch line gravity bleed.

Ordered all the parts for the CDV at ANplumbing.com
Parts are
989537 Inverted Flare: 10mm x 1.0 I.F. AN Thread: -3 $4.52
305-03M121P AN Thread: -3 Metric Size: 12mmX1.0 $14.99
63011720 Hose End A: -3 St. Hose End B: -3 90 Deg. $20.88

Total came to $53 dollars shipped to florida.

This just replaced from the master to the hard line on the transmission.

I'm excited to get the pulley on but my compressor is giving me problems and I cant get the crank pulley bolt off.

Old 12-31-2014, 12:58 AM
5 Year Member
Got the visors and clutch line in on the weekend. very happy with both. The cdv bypass makes the clutch less sluggish its easier and smoother to shift. took me maybe an hour to install and put the visors on while I let the clutch line gravity bleed.

Ordered all the parts for the CDV at ANplumbing.com
Parts are
989537 Inverted Flare: 10mm x 1.0 I.F. AN Thread: -3 $4.52
305-03M121P AN Thread: -3 Metric Size: 12mmX1.0 $14.99
63011720 Hose End A: -3 St. Hose End B: -3 90 Deg. $20.88

Total came to $53 dollars shipped to florida.

This just replaced from the master to the hard line on the transmission.

I'm excited to get the pulley on but my compressor is giving me problems and I cant get the crank pulley bolt off.
Thanks for the info.

Just get that crank bolt off old school and use your man strength. You can remove the backing plate off the transmission and jam up the flywheel teeth with a ply bar. Then break that fucker loose with a 1/2 breaker with a cheater bar.

Old 12-31-2014, 01:04 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Rollerboots666
Thanks for the info.

Just get that crank bolt off old school and use your man strength. You can remove the backing plate off the transmission and jam up the flywheel teeth with a ply bar. Then break that fucker loose with a 1/2 breaker with a cheater bar.

That way is not recommended because you could break the case of the transmission. I have seen It done. But if you don't have the special tool or a really strong impact gun you gotta do what you gotta do (with your fingers crossed )

Old 12-31-2014, 06:20 AM
s0x
5 Year Member
Thanks for the info.

exactly how i did it lol

Old 12-31-2014, 11:49 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the info.

Ill try that. I dropped the car back on all fours and used a loong extension to try and get it loose but all I did was move the car. Going to source a new pressure regulator for my compressor or just steal the one off of my other compressor im not using currently and give it another go.

Old 12-31-2014, 12:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Previc93
That way is not recommended because you could break the case of the transmission. I have seen It done. But if you don't have the special tool or a really strong impact gun you gotta do what you gotta do (with your fingers crossed )
Originally Posted by s0x
exactly how i did it lol
Ill try that. I dropped the car back on all fours and used a loong extension to try and get it loose but all I did was move the car. Going to source a new pressure regulator for my compressor or just steal the one off of my other compressor im not using currently and give it another go.
Yeah I totally understand what you're saying Previc93. Cast metal is not the strongest. This was the only way I did it on all my civic's years ago. I'm a gambling man haha. sOx is in the same boat haha.

Good luck Geopat!

Old 12-31-2014, 04:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Paulo107
Did you use spacers to get those to work? I took a set off of my 86 crx and the fronts rubbed on the calipers. I love the way it looks though.

Old 01-04-2015, 09:44 AM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hehn
Did you use spacers to get those to work? I took a set off of my 86 crx and the fronts rubbed on the calipers. I love the way it looks though.
5mm spacers and a bit of grinding on the caliper will work.

Old 01-05-2015, 07:43 PM
JDM ion yellow foglights with flat black base foglight surrounds

Old 01-06-2015, 04:46 PM
Over the weekend I replaced the stock stereo with a Pioneer deck with Bluetooth and stuff like that. Decent $139 unit from Crutchfield with the new dash center section and wiring adapters made for a relatively easy install. Tested everything (phone Bluetooth, iPod via wire and bluetooth, etc) and it was good. Only problem is that the FM reception is not good at all, and that's kind of important. The wife (primary Fit driver) says it's probably going to have to come out and the stocker put back in since she relies on DC weather/traffic stations to decide what route to take to work in the morning.

Old 01-06-2015, 05:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Claff
Over the weekend I replaced the stock stereo with a Pioneer deck with Bluetooth and stuff like that.
Which model?

Old 01-06-2015, 06:16 PM
s0x
5 Year Member
changed oil

changed my oil today and traded up from royal purple synthetic to torch 100 percent synthetic. almost 12.50 a quart but i feel like its pretty worth it.

Old 01-06-2015, 11:23 PM
Originally Posted by Claff
Over the weekend I replaced the stock stereo with a Pioneer deck with Bluetooth and stuff like that. Decent $139 unit from Crutchfield with the new dash center section and wiring adapters made for a relatively easy install. Tested everything (phone Bluetooth, iPod via wire and bluetooth, etc) and it was good. Only problem is that the FM reception is not good at all, and that's kind of important. The wife (primary Fit driver) says it's probably going to have to come out and the stocker put back in since she relies on DC weather/traffic stations to decide what route to take to work in the morning.
I assume you also got the antenna adapter from Crutchfied. If so, connect the adapter's blue wire to the blue/white wire (power antenna wire) on the Pioneer unit. I put a Pioneer DEH-X6600BS unit about a year ago. The antenna adapter didn't dictate what wire to attach it to so I connected it to the red power wire. Everything about the Pioneer was much better than stock, mostly because of the BT, except for radio reception. Last weekend I pulled the head unit out to add an XM tuner. In the process I moved the antenna adapter from red to blue/white wire as dictated by the current install instructions. Radio reception is much better. The stock antenna has an amp in line and I am guessing the red power wire was overdriving the amp. Hope this helps.

Break
Did you enjoy the snow today? I was headed to Sykesville (from Pax) but only got to Bowie before I decided to turn back south. Very slow going but the Fit handled the snow no problem.

Old 01-07-2015, 09:23 PM
-13 with the windchill and another below freezing weekend leaves it impossible to do anything to the Fit, I can't even wash it properly without it freezing over, lol. Accumulating quite the repository of parts for the Spring to put on.

T1R midpipe

Megan test pipe

Will be mated to the T1R VIP axleback which I have already too and on the look out for the T1R header or Weapon R Street Header.

Old 01-07-2015, 09:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by s0x
changed my oil today and traded up from royal purple synthetic to torch 100 percent synthetic. almost 12.50 a quart but i feel like its pretty worth it.
Walmart sells it by the gallon for like $36.

I just ordered my Torco oil at only $22 a liter hahaha.

Old 01-08-2015, 09:41 PM
s0x
5 Year Member
Walmart sells it by the gallon for like $36.

I just ordered my Torco oil at only $22 a liter hahaha.
you mean walmart sells purple right? ya i used to get it there but i switched to torco sr-1. damn you got the sr-5 huh? lemme know how it feels. thats insane btw lol you're a beast. royal purple oil filter ftw tho!

today i installed my Project MU magnetic drain bolt with my oil change, bought some new shoes Volk ce28n bronze 16x7, +42 and am getting some lug nuts powder coated.

see you guys saturday. i will be there late as always but i will be there and roller boots ill be getting that cat from you sir! thanks again everyone!

Old 01-11-2015, 02:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by s0x
you mean walmart sells purple right? ya i used to get it there but i switched to torco sr-1. damn you got the sr-5 huh? lemme know how it feels. thats insane btw lol you're a beast. royal purple oil filter ftw tho!

today i installed my Project MU magnetic drain bolt with my oil change, bought some new shoes Volk ce28n bronze 16x7, +42 and am getting some lug nuts powder coated.

see you guys saturday. i will be there late as always but i will be there and roller boots ill be getting that cat from you sir! thanks again everyone!
SR-1 is legit oil. That's a nice oil change.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the GD Fit today?