1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

What did you do to the GD Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2014, 09:08 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
My son and I pulled apart my spare l15a1. Time to do some serious testing in the coming months that may change power levels.

Old 08-10-2014, 10:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kylerwho
My son and I pulled apart my spare l15a1. Time to do some serious testing in the coming months that may change power levels.
Any big plans? Monster power L15 hahaha.

Old 08-11-2014, 02:06 AM
A good start is to review this engine build of a honda D series motor.

He lists and shows quite a few tricks, and in the end had alot of power, great gasmileage, and actually had problems getting the motor to warmup up properly because it was so efficient.

Take it all in, it will take several hours of your time to read it entirely
D15B2 All-Motor build - onecamonly.com

I learned alot from this user. Even his basic tricks helped to much.

Old 08-11-2014, 02:30 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 13fit
A good start is to review this engine build of a honda D series motor.

He lists and shows quite a few tricks, and in the end had alot of power, great gasmileage, and actually had problems getting the motor to warmup up properly because it was so efficient.

Take it all in, it will take several hours of your time to read it entirely
D15B2 All-Motor build - onecamonly.com

I learned alot from this user. Even his basic tricks helped to much.
Cool beans!!! I have a D15B2 in my LeMons wreck

Old 08-11-2014, 03:31 AM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
I will certainly read through that later on. Thanks for the link. I don't spend too much time over on that site.

Old 08-11-2014, 07:08 PM
5 Year Member
I would love to see a fully built all motor L15!

Old 08-11-2014, 07:14 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
There are a few floating around but not online as far as I can see. I'm more referring to doing plenty of head work and swapping if compatible.

Old 08-12-2014, 05:56 AM
Well, my addition for today isn't so much what I did to my Fit today, but what someone else did to my little Ngoc Tran. I was driving in the carpool lane and a car in the lane to the right of me and slightly in front of me kicked something up that was coming right for me. At 80mph/129kph I couldn't stop or swerve in time. So I just cringed. Whatever it was hit my hood and bounced off. It was black and about the size of a really big fist, so I prayed it was just a chunk of rubber from something. I drove home and backed into the garage and went inside my house having totally forgotten what had happened. I went out into the garage later on an unrelated matter and I remembered to check the hood. And then I saw it. Two huge gouges that not only dented the hood but scraped off the paint too.

So now I have two options: 1. Find out what my deductible is and go through insurance and have a body shop fix the dents and repaint (in the process hopefully painting over the last 8 years of rock chips), or 2. Finally bite the bullet and just buy a carbon fiber hood like I have been wanting to do for years.

If I buy the carbon fiber hood I'll also have to get the hatch as well. I just think that the hood alone looks kinda weird when the hatch is the stock metal. And I'd have to deal with fitment issues because even though carbon fiber stuff is expensive, it doesn't guarantee that it will fit correctly.

Old 08-12-2014, 06:00 AM
On a happier note I recently bought the Spoon convex mirror and Spoon Duracon shift knob which are already installed. I also bought Mugen window visors but have yet to install those. Now I gotta update this thread: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/showthread.php?t=20649

Old 08-12-2014, 11:54 AM
Originally Posted by DWils
Well, my addition for today isn't so much what I did to my Fit today, but what someone else did to my little Ngoc Tran. I was driving in the carpool lane and a car in the lane to the right of me and slightly in front of me kicked something up that was coming right for me. At 80mph/129kph I couldn't stop or swerve in time. So I just cringed. Whatever it was hit my hood and bounced off. It was black and about the size of a really big fist, so I prayed it was just a chunk of rubber from something. I drove home and backed into the garage and went inside my house having totally forgotten what had happened. I went out into the garage later on an unrelated matter and I remembered to check the hood. And then I saw it. Two huge gouges that not only dented the hood but scraped off the paint too.

So now I have two options: 1. Find out what my deductible is and go through insurance and have a body shop fix the dents and repaint (in the process hopefully painting over the last 8 years of rock chips), or 2. Finally bite the bullet and just buy a carbon fiber hood like I have been wanting to do for years.

If I buy the carbon fiber hood I'll also have to get the hatch as well. I just think that the hood alone looks kinda weird when the hatch is the stock metal. And I'd have to deal with fitment issues because even though carbon fiber stuff is expensive, it doesn't guarantee that it will fit correctly.

Save yourself some money and grab a spare hood and vinyl wrap it in carbon fiber. You can buy sheets for under $150 and you can apply them yourself with a heatgun, plastic squeegee, and a mild solution of baby shampoo and distilled water.

The hardest part about this process is making sure the hood/hatch are perfectly clean and free of any and all debris

Old 08-12-2014, 10:43 PM
It makes no difference

Originally Posted by billboard
thanks dude, appreciate it.

i havent really noticed any difference to be honest...
No difference but good for bringing home dry cleaning in my Fit hehe

Old 08-12-2014, 11:04 PM
Put up the gd3 and some goodies up for sale!

Old 08-13-2014, 06:30 PM
5 Year Member
Name:  TCg2kuah.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  167.5 KB

I took a picture of it

Old 08-13-2014, 08:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by solbrothers

I took a picture of it
Looking nice and clean. What size rims are you running?

Old 08-14-2014, 12:10 AM
5 Year Member
they are 15x7 +35

Old 08-14-2014, 09:27 AM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
^Nice.

Found an old picture of mine.

Name:  IMG_0006-3_zps42c75cda.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  129.9 KB

Old 08-14-2014, 04:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DWils

That's shitty. The problem with reprinting a hood will be blending the rest. That gets pricy. I got a dent in my fender from my accident that result to the insurance giving me like $2200 for blending the paint and doing the hood, fender, and door.

CF hoods are always an option plus you'll save some weight.

Old 08-15-2014, 04:03 AM
5 Year Member
Hopefully your work will encourage me to do something to my L15! I'd love to know what your plans are with the motor!

Old 08-15-2014, 04:12 AM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
Check out the all motor thread. Plans are beginning to get in motion.

Old 08-15-2014, 12:30 PM
Super Moderator
Found out I got a short somewhere and am popping fuse #3 ig meter. So now I know why I lost power steering. Now I just need to find the short. If anyone knows where I could get wire diagrams that would be a big help

edit: posted from phone

Last edited by MNfit; 08-16-2014 at 03:14 AM.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the GD Fit today?