1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

What did you do to the GD Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 06:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by EightyFour

Got my JDM Modulo side skirts today!
I think I need your job.

I started to clean my car today and found about 2 inches of water in my spare tire area. A leak that I knew of on the antenna and the cracks in the hatch area seem to have been the culprits.

Removed my headliner and am now in search of some new material for it. Put everything back together except for the headliner and a few panels.

Old 02-21-2014, 02:10 PM
5 Year Member
My job is pretty stressful, I just save very well lol (well... if you don't count me dumping money into my car).

Name:  sQxUhnx.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  759.8 KB
Just received a 10 pack refill for my air freshener. Squash!
It's the little things that make me happy.

Old 02-23-2014, 01:13 PM
5 Year Member
Finally finished my interior! After two years of searching I finally found a silver Modulo meter visor. A very big thank you to Joe Showa!

Name:  i3eNPOL.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  494.0 KB

Old 02-24-2014, 12:49 AM
gave her a nice wash today... noticed my paint looks like shit...

also ordered my "mugen" body kit, lowering spring, "Spoon" rims, window visors, fenders and squash spencer.. today was a good day.

Old 02-24-2014, 01:25 AM
5 Year Member
Finally installed some side markers

Name:  1970828_10203404833621555_1136680037_n_zps0deb99ed.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  102.3 KB

Old 02-24-2014, 06:52 PM
5 Year Member
Just got these in today along with some other goodies.

Name:  1796507_10203418400200711_1781893962_n_zps60fdc60e.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  112.1 KB

Old 02-24-2014, 11:42 PM
5 Year Member
^^ Those are good rotors!

I enjoyed my pair before installing these Carbotech AX6 pads... Initially ran Hawk's Performance Ceramic pads and they were a nice upgrade from stock when the pads had heat in them... Cold bite wasn't as good during highway stints though (likely due to my choice of pad with a slotted rotor) On the other hand... I'm not too sure about the Green Stuff pads though... I've seen occurrences of the braking material coming off the pad's metal backing plate. Not trying to scare you or anything but definitely keep an eye and ear out for that.

Old 02-24-2014, 11:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hootie

I enjoyed my pair before installing these Carbotech AX6 pads... Initially ran Hawk's Performance Ceramic pads and they were a nice upgrade from stock when the pads had heat in them... Cold bite wasn't as good during highway stints though (likely due to my choice of pad with a slotted rotor) On the other hand... I'm not too sure about the Green Stuff pads though... I've seen occurrences of the braking material coming off the pad's metal backing plate. Not trying to scare you or anything but definitely keep an eye and ear out for that.
I haven't heard anything bad about the pads, I've definitely heard about Hawk's cold bite issue. I'll keep an eye for deterioration in the pads, I usually check my car for any type of issues when I change my oil anyways. Thanks for the head up though.

I also got these in the mail today, pretty excited to slap these on this weekend.
Name:  securedownload-1_zps0a22b67a.jpeg
Views: 173
Size:  53.9 KB

Old 02-25-2014, 01:24 AM
why not as it is looking good and you should go with it .. do not forget to post the pics later

Old 02-26-2014, 04:56 AM
My auto Fit with Razo RA89 and custom Ultrasuede shiftboot.

Old 02-26-2014, 01:34 PM
5 Year Member

In the future I'm going to be upgrading my braking system.

So you recommend the EBC rotors and Carbotech AX6 pads combo?

I currently have the Hawk+ in my car and they seem fine for daily driving. I had EBC's green stuff in my old car (Mazda) and they were nice as well but left a lot of brake dust, which is why I decided to get the Hawk+ for my Fit.

Old 02-26-2014, 01:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Low Ze Yann
My auto Fit with Razo RA89 and custom Ultrasuede shiftboot.

Where'd you source that cup holder cover?

Old 02-26-2014, 07:10 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
Where'd you source that cup holder cover?
its a GD1, not a GD3 i think thats why

Old 02-26-2014, 07:11 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
i changed my oil, adjusted my coilovers, and realized i need a new sway bar link

Old 02-26-2014, 07:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dewthedew
its a GD1, not a GD3 i think thats why
We really, really got screwed. That interior looks so much more functional than ours.

Old 02-26-2014, 08:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
We really, really got screwed. That interior looks so much more functional than ours.
Yeah lol, instead of that little 2 inch ledge above the glovebox we have and

Old 02-26-2014, 08:50 PM
5 Year Member
In the future I'm going to be upgrading my braking system.

So you recommend the EBC rotors and Carbotech AX6 pads combo?

I currently have the Hawk+ in my car and they seem fine for daily driving. I had EBC's green stuff in my old car (Mazda) and they were nice as well but left a lot of brake dust, which is why I decided to get the Hawk+ for my Fit.
I would not recommend running the Carbotech AX6 on EBC USR 850 rotors for something that is going to be used for daily use and/or with limited to no autocross time. The reason being, the AX6s will both wear their friction material on the pads AS WELL AS groove/eat away at the rotor (plus the ridiculous brake squeal/chirp). In addition to that, my AX6s put out a STUPID (to me) amount of brake dust after autocross days... And usually turn my flat light gray wheels almost gunmetal or bronze looking by the end of the day.

I'm currently running Cryo-treated StopTech slotted rotors with the AX6s to combat this wear personally. Been running them maybe 2k miles with an autocross event included and no abnormal wear on the rotors yet.

Old 02-27-2014, 12:57 AM
5 Year Member
I would not recommend running the Carbotech AX6 on EBC USR 850 rotors for something that is going to be used for daily use and/or with limited to no autocross time. The reason being, the AX6s will both wear their friction material on the pads AS WELL AS groove/eat away at the rotor (plus the ridiculous brake squeal/chirp). In addition to that, my AX6s put out a STUPID (to me) amount of brake dust after autocross days... And usually turn my flat light gray wheels almost gunmetal or bronze looking by the end of the day.

I'm currently running Cryo-treated StopTech slotted rotors with the AX6s to combat this wear personally. Been running them maybe 2k miles with an autocross event included and no abnormal wear on the rotors yet.
I just wanted to improve my stopping ability and have a more solid pedal feel.

So I guess for my DD I don't really need slotted rotors or anything then right?

I def do want to get some ss brakelines and some high performance brake fluid. After grad school, maybe some Spoon calipers for bling. :shrug:

Old 02-27-2014, 10:00 AM
5 Year Member
I just wanted to improve my stopping ability and have a more solid pedal feel.

So I guess for my DD I don't really need slotted rotors or anything then right?

I def do want to get some ss brakelines and some high performance brake fluid. After grad school, maybe some Spoon calipers for bling. :shrug:
I personally would not run slotted, dimpled, and/or drilled rotors on a vehicle that is solely being daily driven since to me it would be a bit overkill. If you do a lot of long freeway/highway stints without braking for long periods of time, you could potentially come in a situation where you NEED to panic stop and have a brief moment of were you brake... feel nothing for a split second... and then the car finally starts hauling down to a stop.

I've had this happen before coming home from work after some idiot placed merge/lane closed signs of the blind side of a bridge (couldn't see it till after you crested the bridge) making a hella sketchy last minute merge. I was running the EBC USR 850s with Hawk's Performance Ceramic pads at the time and traffic had almost stopped at the crest of the bridge. An 18-wheeler was a good 4 or 5 truck lengths ahead of me suddenly locked up his brakes because of stopped/slow moving traffic. I had just started going up the bridge and braked hard as soon as I saw this. Didn't feel any brake feedback for a moment then finally began to stop after the pads built up some heat... ended up being maybe 5 to 8 feet front the rear bumper on that box trailer. Didn't feel ABS kick at all, I promptly ordered my AX6s the next day.

Anyway, that's my long winded opinion on why I wouldn't run slotted rotors on a daily driven car. If you do, make sure you have a pad with a friction material that features a GOOD COLD BITE otherwise you could be in a situation like I was in. Definitely put in some research before you buy.

Braided Stainless Steel brake lines are a good investment, I'm running some from Techna-Fit and how much firmer the brake pedal feels along with how much easier I can modulate during braking when autocrossing. When and if you do get BSS lines, make sure that if you install them yourself that you make sure you can go lock-to-lock and that there is no binding in the lines. My first pair of front lines from Techna-Fit would rub against my wheels during full lock turns due a design defect, I had to contact them and get new lines made to correct this... These new/updated lines should be in their catalog as well.

As for brake fluid, it wouldn't hurt to step up to say a DOT 4 fluid... but for mild, daily use (I.E. No autocross or road racing) DOT 3 is fine in my honest opinion. I personally am running Motul RBF600 which is a DOT 4 brake fluid.

Old 02-27-2014, 03:04 PM
5 Year Member
Finally installed my Spoon B-pipe today! So I officially have a Spoon catback now! XD

Install was cakewalk but I wish that the pipe actually had 2 nuts welded to the rear flange were the axle back bolts up to. If I didn't have 2 nylon locking nuts and 2 washers I would of had to do a quick parts run. :/ In addition to that, the rear most hanger (its a 1 point instead of 2 point) on the pipe is a different than that of the factory pipe but still managed to use the factory rubber exhaust mounts to install everything.

Going to go for a drive later on today... ^.^

Quick Reply: What did you do to the GD Fit today?