1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

What did you do to the GD Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 06:13 PM
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
Haha I used to see that all the time when I lived in Vegas. 75% of the people driving those bro dozers were 5" - 5"3' and needed a ladder step to get in and out. I always loved monkey climbing up the suspension to change their oil and informing them every single one of their bushings were blown because of the lift so I won't be greasing them.

Sorry for the window but could have been worse and she ended up with a lesson learned so not all bad.
Yea at least its glass. Could have been the roof or quarter panel.

I got home and cardboarded the window from the inside with painters tape. I can at least drive it until Safelight can do the new one. I'll start with it on thursday. I'm not going to bother those guys until after Christmas.

She's paying for it, since I'm definitely sure it's cheaper than reporting it to insurance. I got her info from the cop and she signed an affidavit saying she would with the cop as a witness. He said if that was good for me than its ok. Which is basically all I wanted anyway. I have her insurance info if I need too.
She doesn't pay, I'll report it to insurance, then she can deal with that.

My fiancee was laughing her ass off about it. Saying its my luck that it would happen. I have bad luck with automotive glass.

Old 12-25-2013, 02:40 PM
5 Year Member
Changed the oil, rotated the tires, and installed a Spoon magnetic drain plug on the GD today. Was also eyeballing the car to try to figure out the best way to pull the header out when it comes time to install this gem I've stashed away for a few months. Looks like pulling the intake manifold off and pulling the header from up top is the best way at this time.

But before that, I'm waiting on basically one last component to my exhaust before I install this said gem. Then looking forward to killing off both sets of Yokohamas (daily and autocross set) during the beginning quarter of next year.

In addition to that, I just realized that I drove 20k miles in the last year...

Originally Posted by Katsumoto
I got backed into today while filling up.

Lady hopped out of her lifted excursion that was like 5 feet tall. Saying she couldn't see my car. Cop ended up towing the truck because it was illegal, due to the massive amount of lift. She was cited and now I have a trailer hitch mod done to the passenger side rear hatch window. At least its glass only.

Ignorant bitch, I swear to God, if your a little person, you don't need a titanic SUV for DD'ing. I only got to stop because I opened the door to it. I wasn't standing in front of it.
Oh man, that sucks to hear! But fortunately no one was hurt. Down here in Texas you see jacked up/bro trucks around here a dime a dozen. Its pitiful man, spend all that money on suspension, wheels, and tires to only daily drive the thing on the street and make it more impractical that the vehicle already is.

Old 12-25-2013, 03:37 PM
Yea and now safe lite won't be able to come out and fix it for 2 weeks. Gotta order it so they can replace it.

And now my fiance needs a car. Lol lol. Texting and driving owned her and her car likes power poles.

Old 12-26-2013, 09:24 AM
5 Year Member
Hootie: which header?

Old 12-26-2013, 09:49 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by apexanimal
Hootie: which header?
A discontinued one.

Old 12-27-2013, 05:09 PM
Added window visors this morning.

Old 12-27-2013, 06:58 PM
Tried white rims (using foliatec) if it will look good on my car, I liked it, then I will go visit a shop to paint my rims xD

Old 12-29-2013, 11:37 AM
5 Year Member
White on White looks so Right!

Old 12-29-2013, 06:02 PM
5 Year Member
I was aware of this mod but because of this post, I decided to pull the trigger..

Old 12-31-2013, 06:11 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Took the Fit to the dealership today. Had the oil changed and the power window switch finally fixed. Yeah! The serviceman came out and showed me my air filter, since it was pretty dirty and I had not gotten around to it, told him to put in a new one. Then I thought about the cabin filter and asked him to check on that too. He came back and said, "As clean as that car is inside and out, I was pretty surprised to see the cabin filter was this dirty." Felt like a neglectful Mom! Sorry little Fit! Should have changed it 15,000 miles ago. I had that on the list to do this year and never got to it. Well, it is now done, multi-point inspection got everything looked over and Fit 2 Go! Also got my 2015 sticker for the vanity plates in the mail today was wondering when the DMV would finally send it since I mailed it out 4 weeks ago!

Old 01-03-2014, 10:26 AM
5 Year Member
I installed a nice 51R costoco battery in my parents garage last night in -20 degree weather. Stock battery didnt start in the morning, needed to call CAA. Got a boost. Came home from work got off the Go Train, went to my car, didn't start. Said enough with this got a boost went to my parents place, used their garage installed new battery. No mods needed. When it does get warmer, going to replace the positive battery shim so it gets tighter around the terminal. Negative tightened right up.

Old 01-03-2014, 11:56 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GinoLicious
I installed a nice 51R costoco battery in my parents garage last night in -20 degree weather. Stock battery didnt start in the morning, needed to call CAA. Got a boost. Came home from work got off the Go Train, went to my car, didn't start. Said enough with this got a boost went to my parents place, used their garage installed new battery. No mods needed. When it does get warmer, going to replace the positive battery shim so it gets tighter around the terminal. Negative tightened right up.
Mine was sitting since last Sat. So no go this morning. But the Caravan started so I was OK -)

I have the Fit on a trickle charger now. I may get the battery replaced when I take it in next week for an oil change. This is my 5th winter so I am happy with an OEM

Old 01-03-2014, 12:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Black3sr
Mine was sitting since last Sat. So no go this morning. But the Caravan started so I was OK -)

I have the Fit on a trickle charger now. I may get the battery replaced when I take it in next week for an oil change. This is my 5th winter so I am happy with an OEM
Yeah she is a cold one out there today haha. Ive been running the same battery since I bought the car in 2007 ahah. Got at least 7 years out of the battery, until yesterday lol. But even in this cold the car sputters a little bit, but eh, at least she starts. -30 degree weather FTW.

Old 01-03-2014, 04:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GinoLicious
Yeah she is a cold one out there today haha. Ive been running the same battery since I bought the car in 2007 ahah. Got at least 7 years out of the battery, until yesterday lol. But even in this cold the car sputters a little bit, but eh, at least she starts. -30 degree weather FTW.
I guess with the much bigger GE engine the batteries don't last as long eh - lol.

I got it started and took it for a 20 mile run. Will see if it goes tomorrow.

bill

Old 01-04-2014, 01:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hootie
A discontinued one.
Tease

10char

Old 01-05-2014, 11:27 PM
Originally Posted by apexanimal
Tease

10char

Wonder if it's the same discontinued header I have? Installed it myself. Sure wish I had a lift in my house garage. That would have been very helpful.

... my XS HID's are here and am debating to install them myself or get help from my friend. Seems kinda complicated and I'm no wiring guru.

Note: I've not forgotten to take pix for y'all of my trunk brace, floor bar and front lower tie bar. Just wanting to clean things up a bit before taking pix.

Old 01-07-2014, 03:28 AM
5 Year Member
I finally did the value adjustments and I'm going to keep doing this every 30,000 (Read it was recommended around this mileage on here)

Next is to get the wiper mod done tomorrow.
All I need is a 10mm socket and a wrench LOL

Old 01-07-2014, 05:11 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by derykisonder

Next is to get the wiper mod done tomorrow.
All I need is a 10mm socket and a wrench LOL
Do all Fits not come with a 10mm socket? It seems you could dismantle a Fit with one.

Old 01-07-2014, 06:51 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Black3sr
Do all Fits not come with a 10mm socket? It seems you could dismantle a Fit with one.
A 10 mm socket just about does it all.. It's a little bit large for lugnuts though so carry a 9mm also.

Old 01-07-2014, 09:48 AM
5 Year Member
Managed to start her for the second day straight in the negative teens (*F) on the original battery. I'm thinking this will be it's last year.

Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
A 10 mm socket just about does it all.. It's a little bit large for lugnuts though so carry a 9mm also.
I laughed unreasonably hard at this.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the GD Fit today?