1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

What did you do to the GD Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2013, 11:17 PM
5 Year Member
^Great looking car my friend!

Here's what I did to my car today/in recent days:

1.) Made it stocker. Sold my ARC shift plate to EightyFour, will replace it with something else soon enough.

2.) Drove it a bunch. Came to these conclusions:

General RT43 are the worst tires EVER.

They:
-Follow every groove in the road.
-Mediocre in the snow, even next to my oldish Firestones of yore.
-HORRIBLE 'grip'/dry surface handling/feel
-Stiff ride
-No quieter than old Firestones

Old 12-16-2013, 07:56 AM
5 Year Member
Just bought a Mugen front grill for $100 shipped off of some Thai guy on Facebook.
Looked legit and he even took a picture of the back of the grill to show me the logo.

Name:  o7hMfJO.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  50.4 KB
Name:  0szSmT0.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  40.1 KB

Hope I didn't get scammed lol

If this works out, I might have be able to find some parts that I've been looking for at lower prices.

Old 12-16-2013, 08:02 PM
pictures uploaded

Originally Posted by EightyFour
Whoa nice! Got any pics? I wanna see!
A bit late on uploading pix but here ya go.

Weapon-R race header fresh out of the box

Then ceramic coated...

Progress rear swaybar

1st gen T1R suspension... holding up pretty good

rear lower chassis supports

custom X brace with C-pillar bar.
*Realized I need a pic of my trunk brace that is tied in with the X brace.
Maybe this coming weekend.

carbon fiber cowl

carbon fiber "fit" and "H" logos

next up on the picture block:
back seat floor bar
front lower tie bar
front upper strut bar
intake (completed)
muffler (if I can find one... want the H-Fit type-M)

Old 12-16-2013, 08:24 PM
5 Year Member
Nice stuff... What did it cost to have the header coated?

Old 12-16-2013, 09:00 PM
5 Year Member
Looking good! Who did yours? Chose this color on mine:

Name:  20130815_184414_HDR-1_zps524af3ce.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  452.6 KB

You should really invest in a Hondata Flash Pro to get the most out of that header if you haven't already!!!

Old 12-16-2013, 10:08 PM
5 Year Member
Just bought a Mugen front grill for $100 shipped off of some Thai guy on Facebook.
Looked legit and he even took a picture of the back of the grill to show me the logo.

Hope I didn't get scammed lol

If this works out, I might have be able to find some parts that I've been looking for at lower prices.
Nice! I happened to notice a dude on FB selling GD parts as well... I believe he may have had the brushed aluminum interior door handles for sale as well as a steering wheel with audio controls. I tried to get the guy to confirm what finish was on the door handle but he never answered my question... be it not understanding my choice of words, beating around the bush, or whatever.

Originally Posted by B( * Y * )BIES
custom X brace with C-pillar bar.
*Realized I need a pic of my trunk brace that is tied in with the X brace.
Maybe this coming weekend.

Hmm, I would have never guess that a cross bar of any sort could be used with the rear cargo cover in place. I might have to add this to my to-do list. The Weapon R race header looks great by the way!

Old 12-17-2013, 12:50 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by B( * Y * )BIES
A bit late on uploading pix but here ya go.
That's some nice stuff there. Was this all in one weekend? That's a ton of work!

Originally Posted by Hootie
Nice! I happened to notice a dude on FB selling GD parts as well... I believe he may have had the brushed aluminum interior door handles for sale as well as a steering wheel with audio controls. I tried to get the guy to confirm what finish was on the door handle but he never answered my question... be it not understanding my choice of words, beating around the bush, or whatever.
Is your name Kelan by any chance? Cause I saw someone ask that question in the facebook group. That's the same dude I bought my grill from lol

The JDM door handles that I have are from AJ Racing and they are shiny metal. Those don't shine the way mines do. Either they are a Thailand thing, or fake. I would confirm the part number.

The reason why I bought the grill from him is cause the part number matched the one on KingMotorsports. Also since Paypal is pretty good about scammers, I figured I'd take a risk and snag up a good deal.

Once I get it (he just sent me a confirmation for shipping) in a week or two, I'll examine it and post up what I think. If he's legit, then I might have to import some parts from him. :P

Old 12-18-2013, 09:52 PM
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
Nice stuff... What did it cost to have the header coated?
$140 - pretty fair price around my local area.

Old 12-18-2013, 10:01 PM
Originally Posted by TPColgett
Looking good! Who did yours? Chose this color on mine
The place I went had various colors even something close to yours if not the same.

Originally Posted by TPColgett
You should really invest in a Hondata Flash Pro to get the most out of that header if you haven't already!!!
I sure hope you're right about the Flash Pro. Seriously thinking about it as my next mod. Just hard for me to yield that much $$$ versus getting an actual part like a new intake manifold. I just need to do some homework on the Flash Pro and see where that leads me. Convince me if you have a moment. Shoot me a PM, I've got an open mind and would like to know more about your experience with it.

Old 12-18-2013, 10:08 PM
Hmm, I would have never guess that a cross bar of any sort could be used with the rear cargo cover in place. I might have to add this to my to-do list. The Weapon R race header looks great by the way!
Thanks Hootie. Once I dial in an axle back muffler to go with my B-pipe and a modified cold air intake i think the header, intake and exhaust will all flow better and sound pretty friggin awesome... for a Fit.

I LOVE my X bars (and lower trunk brace that I need to post a pic of). Since the x bars DO allow the use of my cargo cover and use of back seats I went for it.

Old 12-18-2013, 10:18 PM
That's some nice stuff there. Was this all in one weekend? That's a ton of work!
Thanks man. I'm pretty stoked. It could've been done in one weekend but no.
Suspension, X bars, trunk bar (picture coming soon), rear chassis supports, B-pipe, cowl and emblems were done earlier this summer.
Rear sway, front lower tie bar, header and intake were done recently in that past month. (Thank you Jason for all your help.)

Old 12-18-2013, 10:29 PM
5 Year Member
Is your name Kelan by any chance? Cause I saw someone ask that question in the facebook group. That's the same dude I bought my grill from lol

The JDM door handles that I have are from AJ Racing and they are shiny metal. Those don't shine the way mines do. Either they are a Thailand thing, or fake. I would confirm the part number.

The reason why I bought the grill from him is cause the part number matched the one on KingMotorsports. Also since Paypal is pretty good about scammers, I figured I'd take a risk and snag up a good deal.

Once I get it (he just sent me a confirmation for shipping) in a week or two, I'll examine it and post up what I think. If he's legit, then I might have to import some parts from him. :P
Hey sorry for the late reply.

Yes, that was me. I currently have the chrome ones that AJR sold at one point on here... though a while back that had another set which had either brushed aluminum or silver door pulls. Which is why I asked specifically about their finish. The guy never gave me a straight answer in the comments so I pretty much gave up.

Old 12-19-2013, 01:20 AM
5 Year Member
Just Shin-Estu'ed my seals and window rails. I used the squeegee that came with my rear appliqué with a shop towel around it and first used rubbing alcohol to clean the spots and then applied the grease. Funny thing, my windows seems slower than before this maintenance. I'm guessing I must have removed some of the good grease and not replace with enough. I was pretty liberal with it. When I get a chance I'll try and get some more grease in there with a q tip...

I'd recommend skipping the cleaning process altogether if the rails seem clean upon visual inspection. I actually developed some squeaking problems after the cleaning so I wouldn't do it again because it seems to be a challenge to properly relube the tracks once cleaned.

Old 12-20-2013, 04:10 PM
5 Year Member
Hey sorry for the late reply.

Yes, that was me. I currently have the chrome ones that AJR sold at one point on here... though a while back that had another set which had either brushed aluminum or silver door pulls. Which is why I asked specifically about their finish. The guy never gave me a straight answer in the comments so I pretty much gave up.

Ah, gotcha. I have the same silver/metal ones that AJR sold. Once I get my Mugen front grill, and install it, I'll let you know if this guy is legit or not. So far everything seems to match up with part numbers and whatnot.

Today I installed my diver side JDM sun visor. The only difference is that the SRS warning label is in Japanese lol! At least it matches my JDM passenger sun visor.

I also helped my friend install front and rear red H emblems on her GE.

Old 12-21-2013, 12:47 AM
just curious how you get the rear wiper to park vertical? I looked at the wire diagram and couldnt figure out how you can do it.

Old 12-21-2013, 07:09 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mikelowell915
just curious how you get the rear wiper to park vertical? I looked at the wire diagram and couldnt figure out how you can do it.
You have to actually access the wiper motor itself, clock the arm 180 degrees out and reassemble. There's a DIY thread posted here somewhere for it.

Old 12-24-2013, 12:34 AM
5 Year Member
I hate how the holidays always slow down my mail. It feels like I'm waiting forever for my parts...

On a side note: My friend gave me a Mugen card case for x-mas! BALLER STATUS!

Old 12-24-2013, 11:50 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mikelowell915
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...wiper-mod.html

Old 12-24-2013, 03:53 PM
I got backed into today while filling up.

Lady hopped out of her lifted excursion that was like 5 feet tall. Saying she couldn't see my car. Cop ended up towing the truck because it was illegal, due to the massive amount of lift. She was cited and now I have a trailer hitch mod done to the passenger side rear hatch window. At least its glass only.

Ignorant bitch, I swear to God, if your a little person, you don't need a titanic SUV for DD'ing. I only got to stop because I opened the door to it. I wasn't standing in front of it.

Old 12-24-2013, 05:46 PM
Haha I used to see that all the time when I lived in Vegas. 75% of the people driving those bro dozers were 5" - 5"3' and needed a ladder step to get in and out. I always loved monkey climbing up the suspension to change their oil and informing them every single one of their bushings were blown because of the lift so I won't be greasing them.

Sorry for the window but could have been worse and she ended up with a lesson learned so not all bad.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the GD Fit today?