1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

What did you do to the GD Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 01:52 AM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Took my Fit in to the dealership for the power switch recall. They looked it over and determine that mine showed no sign of damage so nothing was done. I truly thought they were suppose to replace or fix this issue. Anyone else have the same experience????

Old 08-10-2013, 03:07 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Cat
Took my Fit in to the dealership for the power switch recall. They looked it over and determine that mine showed no sign of damage so nothing was done. I truly thought they were suppose to replace or fix this issue. Anyone else have the same experience????
Same thing happened to me at the local dealer in Stuart, FL. They checked it out and determined that my switch was ok and nothing needed to be done with it. I don't know who supposedly has there's replaced or fixed.

Old 08-10-2013, 10:03 PM
5 Year Member
Today was a busy day for me. Pulled out the driver's seat, tried to remove the passenger seat (for some stupid reason, the seat belt is attached to the seat. So you can either try to remove the pre-tension explosive tube thing, or unbolt the whole reel & guide from the car, I gave up on both). Found that the plastic backing on the foam insulation behind the pedals has completely failed, broken into dozens of pieces and basically fallen apart. Got some rust on the floor pan (drivers side only), so I brushed that up with the wire brush and put down some phosphoric acid to clean it up. Completely removed the carpet inside, and laid down some more RAAMmat.

Tomorrow, going to finish de-rusting, get out some paint and some spray-on rubber sealant, and try to seal it nicely, see what I can do to fix the under-dash insulation.

No pictures, maybe tomorrow.

Old 08-10-2013, 11:12 PM
5 Year Member
Today I along with my good friend put the Tanabe Concept G on the Fit today. Took us 30 minutes or so. Jacked the back of the car up with 2 floor jacks, placed a jack stand in the middle and then proceeded to unbolt the 12mm bolts at the flang and took the OEM muffler off the hangers. Checked the gasket (was good) and the hangers were still "spongy". Hung the Tanabe and bolted up the 12mm spring bolts back onto the flang. Done! Will have pics and video in the Tanabe exhaust thread.

Old 08-11-2013, 12:32 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by DaGrinch
Today was a busy day for me. Pulled out the driver's seat, tried to remove the passenger seat (for some stupid reason, the seat belt is attached to the seat. So you can either try to remove the pre-tension explosive tube thing, or unbolt the whole reel & guide from the car, I gave up on both). Found that the plastic backing on the foam insulation behind the pedals has completely failed, broken into dozens of pieces and basically fallen apart. Got some rust on the floor pan (drivers side only), so I brushed that up with the wire brush and put down some phosphoric acid to clean it up. Completely removed the carpet inside, and laid down some more RAAMmat.

Tomorrow, going to finish de-rusting, get out some paint and some spray-on rubber sealant, and try to seal it nicely, see what I can do to fix the under-dash insulation.

No pictures, maybe tomorrow.

Sounds like you have a leak under the dash on that side that destroyed that insulation. Better find the leak before doing all your repairs and have the carpet peeled back.

Old 08-11-2013, 10:54 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by loudbang
Sounds like you have a leak under the dash on that side that destroyed that insulation. Better find the leak before doing all your repairs and have the carpet peeled back.
It appears to be fatigue damage, rather than water. There's two spots that are really torn up, one where the dead pedal should be, and one behind the pedals, where I rest my foot when I've got cruise on. The water is probably from snowy + wet boots in the winter, as there wasn't any under there when I pulled up the carpet, and it rained for the last week. Any leak should have caused a nice puddle under there for me to find. I'm still at a loss as to how to seal it, the part to just replace it all isn't that expensive, but it would require dismantling and removing the entire dashboard, which isn't feasible for me.

Old 08-11-2013, 11:43 AM
I'd love to replace my carpet, since I have a big foot, its worn behind the mat.

The little hump behind the gas pedal. So my shoe destroyed that. If I would have waited the 3 weeks, I would have had a sport, but I was wanting to go back home and my car at the time wouldn't have survived the trip. It barely survived the trip to OK. It had stupid low springs and struts, back when I was a wee boy in the aftermarket game. Now I'll wait for coilovers, and do it right.

Old 08-11-2013, 01:58 PM
5 Year Member
This is what it looked like after I removed the floormat, the carpet, and the foam rubber padding over top. Also, I just realized how dirty my brake pedal was. Eugh.

Also continued the baked-potato-ification of my Fit with the RAAMmat.

Old 08-11-2013, 03:21 PM
Judging by what I see in the first 2 pics, its safe to stay, it's just what you brought into your car.

When I had to fix my carpet from coming loose by the dead pedal area, I saw about the same on mine, and I haven't had a leak in it, and Im the original owner.

Old 08-12-2013, 06:01 AM
Banned
It appears to be fatigue damage, rather than water. There's two spots that are really torn up, one where the dead pedal should be, and one behind the pedals, where I rest my foot when I've got cruise on. The water is probably from snowy + wet boots in the winter, as there wasn't any under there when I pulled up the carpet, and it rained for the last week. Any leak should have caused a nice puddle under there for me to find. I'm still at a loss as to how to seal it, the part to just replace it all isn't that expensive, but it would require dismantling and removing the entire dashboard, which isn't feasible for me.

There is a thread on here somewhere where a member had a windshield replaced and had a leak like yours. He fixed it by sealing on the OUTSIDE under the wiper plastic covers.

Old 08-12-2013, 07:01 PM
5 Year Member
Spoon spoiler

Today a friend and I installed the Spoon carbon fiber spoiler on my GD3!

Top painted SSM

Bottom carbon fiber exposed

Templates in place; ready to drill!

Installed!

Old 08-13-2013, 02:15 AM
Hi Guys,

I had a stock spring from my GE8 and my brother want to use it on his GD, is it possible or it will not fit on his car? TIA

Old 08-13-2013, 12:25 PM
Had a flat fixed on rear driver's tire. Rotated tires.

Old 08-13-2013, 12:34 PM
Installed my rear bumper fascia protection, window visors and Aries floor mats. I like these mats far better than the weathertech which I've had in '09 Fit.

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/sto.../fit/aries.jpg

Old 08-17-2013, 04:53 PM
5 Year Member
And today I learned that Amazon's 'does this fit my car' system needs a lot of work, as I started replacing my spark plugs only to find they're the wrong length. Of course, when I ordered them, they swore up and down it was the right part, now it shows as 'this does not fit my car'. I wish they'd standardize spark plug part numbers, like car tires. I want to be able to order an I13-7-40 or something, where the numbers mean something.

Old 08-17-2013, 05:35 PM
5 Year Member
rockauto.com

And today I learned that Amazon's 'does this fit my car' system needs a lot of work, as I started replacing my spark plugs only to find they're the wrong length. Of course, when I ordered them, they swore up and down it was the right part, now it shows as 'this does not fit my car'. I wish they'd standardize spark plug part numbers, like car tires. I want to be able to order an I13-7-40 or something, where the numbers mean something.
Amazon stinks from my experiences with auto stuff. http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php?ck is a REAL auto parts network and they have everything categorized with lots of the same type parts/price to choose from. These are iridium Denso More Information for DENSO 3401
You didn't mention the mileage but if its getting close to 100K go ahead and get coil packs too; More Information for DENSO 6732308
gl
Big Mike

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 08-17-2013 at 05:37 PM.
Old 08-17-2013, 07:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Perrenoud Fit
Amazon stinks from my experiences with auto stuff. RockAuto Parts Catalog is a REAL auto parts network and they have everything categorized with lots of the same type parts/price to choose from. These are iridium Denso More Information for DENSO 3401
You didn't mention the mileage but if its getting close to 100K go ahead and get coil packs too; More Information for DENSO 6732308
gl
Big Mike
Prime shipping, it's my downfall. Only 80k miles, I've got a while before I have to replace them, but I figured I'd do them around 75k, which is what it was at when I bought them in April, I just haven't had the time until lately. I'll add those guys to my bookmarks and buy the whole setup next spring.

Old 08-18-2013, 11:32 AM
Well, I got my recall done Friday. Ordered a coin holder, washed her, and now tuesday is new tire day.

Got a good deal on some Bridgestone LRR(Low rolling resistance) I think their the efficiency's or something like it. 300 installed with an alignment and road hazard.

Old 08-18-2013, 04:12 PM
Banned
5 Year Member

-took a photo with them fifteen52 snowflakes

Old 08-19-2013, 12:22 AM
Originally Posted by Steezo

-took a photo with them fifteen52 snowflakes
Nice car!

I saw you driving down S. Independence Rd in Va Beach about a week ago.

I was on my Scooter.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the GD Fit today?