1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

What did you do to the GD Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 10:51 AM
5 Year Member
Old 09-22-2012, 10:56 AM
Thanks a lot, i'll look into that. The thing is though, i've tried multiple home-methods for doing this and the select few that worked ended up oxidizing again a few months later.
I don't mind having a shop restore them for me, even for the $60 that the local one charges. The thing is i want to know what is the best method to keep them clean; Lami-X, clear coat, some sort of wax?

I'm a n00b so i apologize.

Old 09-22-2012, 12:23 PM
5 Year Member
Jelly of those regas

Old 09-22-2012, 01:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mixtape
Thanks a lot, i'll look into that. The thing is though, i've tried multiple home-methods for doing this and the select few that worked ended up oxidizing again a few months later.
I don't mind having a shop restore them for me, even for the $60 that the local one charges. The thing is i want to know what is the best method to keep them clean; Lami-X, clear coat, some sort of wax?

I'm a n00b so i apologize.
On a newer car, I'd put on some Headlight Armour. On oxidized (real bad), I've been more satisfied with Blue Magic Headlight Restorer. It was easier to apply and lasts longer than the 3M Headlight Restorer kit.

If you want a quick and cheap (doesn't last long) fix, toothpaste works too. Found that tip on Youtube... Try Blue Magic...

Old 09-22-2012, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by Subie
On a newer car, I'd put on some Headlight Armour. On oxidized (real bad), I've been more satisfied with Blue Magic Headlight Restorer. It was easier to apply and lasts longer than the 3M Headlight Restorer kit.

If you want a quick and cheap (doesn't last long) fix, toothpaste works too. Found that tip on Youtube... Try Blue Magic...
Yeah it seems like Headlight Armor is a lot like Lamin-X, but i'll compare them and look into it. My plan was just to let the shop clean them again really well, then put on the Lamin-X on both headlights and the fog lights once i replace the broken fog lens. I always thought those "kits" were total crap but i'll read into it haha. Thanks a lot!

Old 09-22-2012, 02:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mixtape
My plan was just to let the shop clean them again really well, then put on the Lamin-X on both headlights and the fog lights once i replace the broken fog lens.Thanks a lot!
Save yourself the $60 and get a bottle of Blue Magic Headlight Restorer... then add the rest to your fog light/lamin-x fund...

Old 09-22-2012, 02:41 PM
Save yourself the $60 and get a bottle of Blue Magic Headlight Restorer... then add the rest to your fog light/lamin-x fund...
And you didn't have any problems with the solution scratching up your headlights like i see that some people have mentioned? I just want to make sure. But i greatly appreciate any input, so thanks!

Old 09-22-2012, 02:45 PM
5 Year Member
Mirin' those Regas.

Old 09-22-2012, 05:42 PM
I'll get the Rega's on properly next weekend, i just wanted to see how the offset would fair on the jazz.

The fronts are 15x7 et25 and the rears are 15x6.5 et35.

Old 09-22-2012, 08:20 PM
Banned
5 Year Member
regas look great but the offsets is still sorta sunk

Old 09-22-2012, 09:27 PM
Smile

Took a couple pictures of my fit the other day; the sky was beautiful. Too bad I don't have a good camera yet :/
These are pictures from Evo 3D:

Then yesterday, a wash, and detailing. Needs to be vacuumed out bad....AND
Todayyyyyyy, I got rid of the tint on the tail lights. woot. So, yes, I'm expecting to not be frowned on anymore for the ricey tails. (sorry for this terrible picture. Shot unfocused with a phone camera lol)

Old 09-23-2012, 04:55 AM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
How many times are you retiring and making a come back Cat? All in jest!
I know - but this is the last year no doubt in my mind. The Fit is a 2007 and is starting to show the wear and tear of time. I can't stand showing it without perfect paint. I want to start saving for my next project and I have things to do around the house I put on hold because of the show schedule. I also have to use vacation days to take off and get it ready before the shows which means I don't ever actually take a real vacation.
So this is my final year and our last show will be in October. This is what we did last weekend...

I love this car and will continue to take care of it. The most favorite car that I've ever owned and the one I have had the most fun with. Have made so many great friends because of it and great to feel such a part of the local car community. My mother no longer jumps when someone I know drives past me and drops their cars on air bags to say hello! LOL!

Old 09-23-2012, 04:30 PM
5 Year Member
haha that's funny about your mom! Best wishes and good luck on your new project! MR Fit has been a good start to the show circuit for ya
but there are always bigger & better things ahead! :X) Ms. Cat.

Old 09-23-2012, 08:03 PM
5 Year Member
Tightened up the Clazzios a little while ago and checked the oil level. Was just a smidgen low (maybe at tenth of a quart) but topped it off anyway.

Thinking about cleaning it up and doing a quick shoot this Friday. Haven't decided yet though.

Old 09-24-2012, 02:54 AM
Super Moderator
Sunday me and my bro went to a Honda meet, me in my Fit him in his 07 Si Sedan. I popped my hood when I got there and right away I had a big ass crowd around my car, it was crazy. It was a good time and I got alot of complements on the car

Old 09-24-2012, 08:33 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MNfit
Sunday me and my bro went to a Honda meet, me in my Fit him in his 07 Si Sedan. I popped my hood when I got there and right away I had a big ass crowd around my car, it was crazy. It was a good time and I got alot of complements on the car
After looking at your pics, no wonder you had a crowd. Nice!

Old 09-24-2012, 09:43 AM
Super Moderator
here are a few pics from the meet someone took

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...7978999&type=1

Old 09-24-2012, 10:37 AM
In comparing my Fit to the driving feel of VW's, I noticed that the steering wheel is skinnier on the Fit, and I prefer the VW. So, I got a Wheelskin leather cover for my Fit.

The feel is just what I was looking for. Smooth and heftier. The weak point is that the leather hangs slightly loose around the spokes, which doesn't feel "clean." I also like to play around with the spokes while driving, and the poor transition on the spokes interferes with my mojo.

Will try to post pics later.

Oh, and I vacced, and washed with Meguiar's Wash and Wax, and did some touchups with Meguiar's Scratch X 2.0. The car's PO left some nasty scratches.

Old 09-24-2012, 10:40 AM
Oh, I also pulled my broken and cracked front lip. Looks better off than broken. The part runs about $300 for the OEM painted version, and it's not worth it to me right now.

Old 09-24-2012, 11:20 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MNfit
here are a few pics from the meet someone took

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...7978999&type=1
I can't see your FB photos, can you put them on photobucket or whatever?

Quick Reply: What did you do to the GD Fit today?