1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

What did you do to the GD Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 12:15 PM
Super Moderator
the Wedsports look really good Soasin. I bought my Volk CE28's back in 07 and still have them and love them.

Old 04-27-2012, 01:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by soasin
Wedsport s90 195/45/16
Nice rims. Looks sharp on your Fit! They look like SSR Comps... Very similar from a distance...

Old 04-27-2012, 02:02 PM
5 Year Member
I used to have some weds sa90s. great looking wheel. perfect width for the stock 1.5ltr. if they were wider, i would still rock them.

Old 04-27-2012, 02:06 PM
5 Year Member
Name:  EmJ6Y.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  37.8 KB

Got some ARC Magic decals. Woop woop!

Still looking for the small DC Winglet version though... :/

Old 04-27-2012, 04:19 PM
5 Year Member
.... did about 6 burnouts (trying to kill my L15 before the swap)

Old 04-27-2012, 04:39 PM
5 Year Member
Sell your longblock and trans to me for cheap if your gonna kill it.

I'll give you a couple hundred bucks, which is what I paid for the block I'm building.

I'm local too.

Old 04-27-2012, 04:53 PM
5 Year Member
I ordered some OEM carpet floor mats on Amazon and got a package today. When I opened the box up it turned out to be the OEM cargo tray. WTF?

After clearing up the confusion with the seller, he's air shipping me my floor mats so that I should get them on Monday.

He also offered me the cargo tray for $70 (new), or to ship them back via the label they're providing me with the floor mats.

What do you guys think? Should I keep them? Anyone else have any feedback on the cargo tray?

Old 04-27-2012, 07:28 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Hi there Cat! nice to meet you
Thank you for all the compliments!

Hmmm why was your lip not working? what's the problem?
I would love to have lips like those!

Cheers!

It did look great here is a picture right after it was installed

It is a Seibon just like the hood but the lip started to buckle in the center and then it was coming apart at the seam where it was attached to the car. I think it was just too much for the car to handle. It needed to be a little smaller. Luckily the company is refunding me so I will hold off on doing anything else for a while.

Old 04-27-2012, 07:33 PM
Cat
5 Year Member
Just got through working on the car for about 5 hours except for a short break when my friend Dave came over to the garage to visit. Ready for our first show of the summer and found a lot of damage done by the CF
lip. Several spots show it was rubbing and probably the reason it buckled. May need to think about having the front area repainted. I also found that Honda left the plastic piece in the wheel well outside when they put back on the stock lip plus they forgot to reset the oil reminder to 100 %. Good thing about being a car girl - got both issues fixed on my own.

Old 04-27-2012, 11:57 PM
5 Year Member
gas cap on today!

Old 04-28-2012, 07:19 AM
Originally Posted by MNfit
the Wedsports look really good Soasin. I bought my Volk CE28's back in 07 and still have them and love them.
Thank you MNfit! yeah, i wanted ce28's 17", but i just cannot afford it, lol, i envy you man!

Originally Posted by Subie
Nice rims. Looks sharp on your Fit! They look like SSR Comps... Very similar from a distance...
Hey there Subie! Thank you! i just googled SSR Competitions, and yes they almost look the same! the fact that you recognized the similarities of different wheels, that only means you know a lot about rims! cool!

Originally Posted by JCrimson
I used to have some weds sa90s. great looking wheel. perfect width for the stock 1.5ltr. if they were wider, i would still rock them.
What's up JCrimson! what size was your sa90s? and why did you change it? also what wheels did you get after sa90s? yeah, i'm happy on how the way sa90s look on Fit GDs, hehe!

Tomorrow I will be picking up my Tein S-techs springs! Hope the stance of my Fit woud look awesome after the installation! Gonna post pictures soon!

Thank you guys!

Old 04-28-2012, 07:30 AM
Originally Posted by Cat
It did look great here is a picture right after it was installed

It is a Seibon just like the hood but the lip started to buckle in the center and then it was coming apart at the seam where it was attached to the car. I think it was just too much for the car to handle. It needed to be a little smaller. Luckily the company is refunding me so I will hold off on doing anything else for a while.
Well good to hear that you will be getting your money back haha!
hmm, today was not a very good day to me man! early this morning, me and my wife went to the maternity hospital for a monthly check up, (because i'm gonna be having a baby maybe on October ) after the check up, we were walking back to the parking area, and saw my Fit got Hit-and-Run! My front bumper suffered deep scratches, about 10 - 12 inches! damn! and there was no security camera in the parking area, so there was nothing else i can do. Maybe it is a sign to change my bumpers i'm planning to change it, like the bumpers from the Type S Hopefully soon!
Drive safe everyone!

Last edited by soasin; 04-28-2012 at 07:34 AM.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:57 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by EightyFour

Got some ARC Magic decals. Woop woop!

Still looking for the small DC Winglet version though... :/
where can i get some of this? do these fit the winglets? thinking of replacing mine. thanks.

Last edited by PHATFLIP; 04-28-2012 at 10:01 AM.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:33 PM
5 Year Member
Me and my buddies kicked ass last night on this project.

for anyone interested in this kit, its not as bolt on as it sounds >.> a good bit of modifications were needed. but we got it going. brakes like a champ.

12" Integra Type R brakes all the way around. CarboTech XP 10 front pads, XP8 rear. ATE super blue racing dot 4 brake fluid. custom SS brake lines.

Old 04-28-2012, 01:08 PM
5 Year Member
Woooooow! Hot, hot, hot, JC. Very nice! Great shots! Sharp looking rotors. You definitely need good brakes on track. Great brakes! Man, for a DD, this set up is a killer!

Old 04-28-2012, 01:13 PM
Cat
5 Year Member
Spent all day yesterday getting the car ready for our first show and mother nature had other plans. The weatherman said last night no rain until 4:00 PM - try heavy rains, thunder and lighting which started at 8:00 AM and did not stop until after 10:00 AM. The show was cancelled and has been reschedule to the day before another big show! The weekend of the 19th of May is going to be much traveling and much work! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Old 04-28-2012, 01:16 PM
Cat
5 Year Member
Well good to hear that you will be getting your money back haha!
hmm, today was not a very good day to me man! early this morning, me and my wife went to the maternity hospital for a monthly check up, (because i'm gonna be having a baby maybe on October ) after the check up, we were walking back to the parking area, and saw my Fit got Hit-and-Run! My front bumper suffered deep scratches, about 10 - 12 inches! damn! and there was no security camera in the parking area, so there was nothing else i can do. Maybe it is a sign to change my bumpers i'm planning to change it, like the bumpers from the Type S Hopefully soon!
Drive safe everyone!

Sorry to hear about your car! I always try to park far away from everyone when I can. Hope you can get it fixed - will your insurance cover it? Mine did when someone hit my old truck when it was parked on the streets. Hope your weekend will be better!

Old 04-28-2012, 03:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Subie
Woooooow! Hot, hot, hot, JC. Very nice! Great shots! Sharp looking rotors. You definitely need good brakes on track. Great brakes! Man, for a DD, this set up is a killer!
haha thanks man! i try! lol

Old 04-28-2012, 05:48 PM
Super Moderator
I just got back from Boost for Boobies. IT was ranning and cold so it kind of sucked, but once the rain finally stopped I was able to pop the hood and enjoy the day a little bit more, still cold though. All and all it was a good time

Old 04-28-2012, 09:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BallerStatus
great minds think alike. this morning at work i ordered a broadway mirror, short antenna (opposite of what you did, dont listen to the radio) and an exhaust
thats actually what i did. The antenna i got when i made the original post actually mounted under my dash. This is my blox shorty that i have on the fit right now. As for the broadway, which did you get?
here's my antenna

Quick Reply: What did you do to the GD Fit today?