1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

What did you do to the GD Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 10:40 AM
Originally Posted by JCrimson
+2
What's up bro!? I guess your ears where burning, what part of H-Townz you be stayin? I hear you have some stuff n stuff, how did the Kswap go and are you pleased? Love to see some pics when you get the chance or do you have a build thread?

Do I have to have a certain number of posts before I am allowed to upload pics?

Old 01-04-2012, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by 7cain
I'm out in Katy area. Thanks for the info, might send him a pm to see what he has left, I don't usually buy used parts but for this car I was toying with the notion of keeping on a budget. I've been known to go a little overboard on my projects and don't wan't this one to get too crazy, just subtle, clean, almost sleeperlike,... until you pop the hood.

BTW that is not my car, I haven't uploaded a pic yet. I don't see any way to upload an image from my computer, do I have to host it from somewhere like photobucket?
LOL! That was a multi quote...i was actually asking Hootie where he was from and in the same post replying to your request about parts

Old 01-04-2012, 11:30 AM
5 Year Member
What's up bro!? I guess your ears where burning, what part of H-Townz you be stayin? I hear you have some stuff n stuff, how did the Kswap go and are you pleased? Love to see some pics when you get the chance or do you have a build thread?

Do I have to have a certain number of posts before I am allowed to upload pics?

Hey man, Im JCrim. nice to meet you. Im actually in Tyler, TX. I have tons of L15A stuff. . . lol

My build thread is below. K Powa Yo!

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...tay-tuned.html

let me knwo what you think or need.

Old 01-04-2012, 01:50 PM
Hey man, Im JCrim. nice to meet you. Im actually in Tyler, TX. I have tons of L15A stuff. . . lol

My build thread is below. K Powa Yo!

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...tay-tuned.html

let me knwo what you think or need.
Any recommendation on headers?

Old 01-04-2012, 02:09 PM
5 Year Member
Any recommendation on headers?
surely anything is better than oem manifold right? just buy something stainless steel that isnt an arm and a dick. you wont gain anymore and less just getting an ebay header. I would only care if it was super charged. I had a DME header. cheaper of the options and looked great. I sold it and it looks just as I bought it new. good stuff.

Old 01-04-2012, 02:29 PM
surely anything is better than oem manifold right? just buy something stainless steel that isnt an arm and a dick. you wont gain anymore and less just getting an ebay header. I would only care if it was super charged. I had a DME header. cheaper of the options and looked great. I sold it and it looks just as I bought it new. good stuff.

Looks nice. How was the fitment? Any issues or speedbumps? Direct bolt on to the cat? Thanks again.

Old 01-04-2012, 02:41 PM
5 Year Member
Looks nice. How was the fitment? Any issues or speedbumps? Direct bolt on to the cat? Thanks again.
fitment is great. no issues. but if you get it, go ahead and get replacement header studs from honda. they ARE supposed to be replaced once removed. I reused mine with no problems at all but if you have the extra coin, why not?

speedbumps will not touch this at all... the header is almost right in front of your fire wall vertically, not like B series at all. its WAY up in the engine bay.

yes, bolts straight to cat. you have to reuse your oem collector donut from your oem exhaust manifold though. I reused mine and it was fine, but go ahead and order a new one just incase.

Old 01-04-2012, 02:58 PM
fitment is great. no issues. but if you get it, go ahead and get replacement header studs from honda. they ARE supposed to be replaced once removed. I reused mine with no problems at all but if you have the extra coin, why not?

speedbumps will not touch this at all... the header is almost right in front of your fire wall vertically, not like B series at all. its WAY up in the engine bay.

yes, bolts straight to cat. you have to reuse your oem collector donut from your oem exhaust manifold though. I reused mine and it was fine, but go ahead and order a new one just incase.
+1...lol! I will second that fact that it does look brand-new and thats after who knows how many track days. It gets this kind blue look similar to titanium when heated but it makes it prettier. I would suggest it as well unless your going to FI the fit. even still this is a great cost effective part that will do its job in the mean time.

Old 01-04-2012, 09:33 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dled1286
i see a TX plate...what part you from?
South of Houston in an area commonly reffed to as "the sticks".

Old 01-05-2012, 03:32 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hootie
South of Houston in an area commonly reffed to as "the sticks".
Sticks hell... That place had the longest traffic backup I've been in since driving through Austin on I35 on the day before Thanksgiving 2001... And on the other side of town is a Mexican flea market that smelled like a border town, Laredo to to be specific...

Old 01-05-2012, 06:47 AM
Traffic?! Hell, I'm glad to be out of that! I get to work between 3-5 am, leave around 2pm. I'm usually flying 80 to and from work now!

On topic, yesterday I noticed the front splash gaurd was a little loose and missing some body clips, so I removed the trashed ones (previous owner apparently rubbed up against some curbs) and replaced them with bolts and fender washers, thing is snug as a bug now. Also removed the exhaust manifold heat shield to see what that looks like, and to my surprise it is less like a manifold and more like a header (albeit not very pretty but header non the less). Been eyeballing the DC short ram intake though I will powdercoat the tube black, I've had polished aluminum intakes before and don't like the maintanance required to keep them shiny. I like the T1R intake but I'm not spending that much on an intake system, if I go with the DC intake I'll likely go with the DC header. Thanks for the input guys.

Old 01-05-2012, 08:02 PM
On our recent purchase of a 2008 Fit Sport, I had the battery replaced via the fellows at Adv. Auto, though I could have done it myself, but I let them do it and watched one fellow shock himself as he was wearing a nickel-plated ring and brushed against the negative terminal while trying to unscrew the positive terminal sheet-metal clamp. He was not being very careful. The other fellow had to add a shim to the positive terminal post as the new battery had a slightly narrower post diameter than the original. I cringed as I watched and will look it over tomorrow check it over.
I also bought one front seat cover from the same store, a Bell heavy-duty seat skin. Bought one to see how it would fit, and it is just about perfect. I'll get another one next month. Bought a long funnel so I can fill up the coolant level container.

Old 01-05-2012, 08:07 PM
5 Year Member
+2
Ugh.. still want that Motor/Trans so badly. Just can't swing it at the moment. One replacement billet compressor wheel for my 71mm turbo cost me almost as much as all that would have.

Old 01-05-2012, 08:43 PM
5 Year Member
Just bolted up an RS*R C&K to my Spoon B pipe.

Old 01-05-2012, 08:56 PM
5 Year Member
I was stopped by a couple of my fat redneck teenage neighbors that live on the property where the road to my place Ts into an asphalt county road.. As usual one of them called a skinny redneck kid in a chevy pickup to come look at my car. That resulted in them wanting me to show skinny how fast my car would take off. Now my car is covered with red dust and tiny pieces of asphalt and the county will have to come out and repair the damage if it rains... Thank God I am considered legally crazy by the Federal government or I'd be in trouble.. As much as I dislike being crazy I have to admit that the pay isn't all that bad... I had to get off of the throttle at 80MPH in 3rd and the wheels were still spinning so in reality I was doing 70 which is 20 MPH slower than I would go on my BMW R1100GS before the road was put in and was nothing but sugar sand hills.. One of the kids called to tell me about how deep the ruts I made are and how long the red dirt was hanging in the air... I hope the big Lesbian truck driver down there isn't mad about it because I am pretty sure she can kick my tired old shriveled ass and we have always cut up and gotten along real good..I even told the sheriff that I didn't know her when he showed up on my front porch trying to find her for kicking another guy's ass that was 30 years younger and bigger than me... I hope she remembers that I did that for her... I really love how ridiculous it is up here on Ignorant Hill.+++

Old 01-05-2012, 09:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
I was stopped by a couple of my fat redneck teenage neighbors that live on the property where the road to my place Ts into an asphalt county road.. As usual one of them called a skinny redneck kid in a chevy pickup to come look at my car. That resulted in them wanting me to show skinny how fast my car would take off. Now my car is covered with red dust and tiny pieces of asphalt and the county will have to come out and repair the damage if it rains... Thank God I am considered legally crazy by the Federal government or I'd be in trouble.. As much as I dislike being crazy I have to admit that the pay isn't all that bad... I had to get off of the throttle at 80MPH in 3rd and the wheels were still spinning so in reality I was doing 70 which is 20 MPH slower than I would go on my BMW R1100GS before the road was put in and was nothing but sugar sand hills.. One of the kids called to tell me about how deep the ruts I made are and how long the red dirt was hanging in the air... I hope the big Lesbian truck driver down there isn't mad about it because I am pretty sure she can kick my tired old shriveled ass and we have always cut up and gotten along real good..I even told the sheriff that I didn't know her when he showed up on my front porch trying to find her for kicking another guy's ass that was 30 years younger and bigger than me... I hope she remembers that I did that for her... I really love how ridiculous it is up here on Ignorant Hill.+++
"I had to get off of the throttle at 80MPH in 3rd and the wheels were still spinning so in reality I was doing 70 which is 20 MPH slow"

Dayum TC, what the hell you got under that hood..lol.
Well if push comes to shove you could always push the lesbian in front of your car and run her ass ova!!

Old 01-05-2012, 09:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
You make my day sometimes

Old 01-05-2012, 11:04 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
You make my day sometimes
Yep You read it. right?

Last edited by Texas Coyote; 01-05-2012 at 11:34 PM.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:20 PM
5 Year Member
Bwahaha nice. That might be a better investment.

Old 01-05-2012, 11:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by vinnymac
"I had to get off of the throttle at 80MPH in 3rd and the wheels were still spinning so in reality I was doing 70 which is 20 MPH slow"

Dayum TC, what the hell you got under that hood..lol.
Well if push comes to shove you could always push the lesbian in front of your car and run her ass ova!!
Oh No I could never do that vinnymac ... Hell man If I was a woman I know with out a doubt I would be a lesbian too.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the GD Fit today?