1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

What did you do to the GD Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 04:56 PM
Super Moderator
past three days I have been working 12-13 hour days by the time I get home I dont want to do anything but watch tv then go to bed. Tonight is my Friday, hopefuly this weekend I can make more progress with the Fit.

Old 01-01-2012, 05:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Cat
Cleaned up the MR's house (garage) yesterday and got it all cleaned up. Had to put away all the Christmas decorations so thought it was a good time to do it. I will try to get it washed up today even though they say it will be snowing the next two days. I hate winter! Hoping I don't regret not putting it back to stock instead of leaving the hood and rims on.
Hahah tell ya what thats one think I don't miss. SNOW. Well driving in it at least. I love to snowboard, but driving in that shit sucked especially in my civic. PA was harsh.

Old 01-01-2012, 05:59 PM
5 Year Member
Clay barred the Fit for the first time today. Also applied a coat of Zaino's show car polish to it as the little sis watched Happy Feet inside. Now I'm waiting for the protective coat to dry so I can at the Grand Finale spray.

Old 01-01-2012, 07:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by solbrothers
jdm console is one of the first mods you need to do!
it really should be... its my favorite mod thus far.... im comfortable when driving again!!!

Old 01-01-2012, 07:39 PM
5 Year Member
Sprayed the Grand Finale on. The Fit looks friggin' sweeeet... till you get up close and see all the dag-gum rock chips. This wash/wax job definitely hides them really well though.

Originally Posted by billboard
it really should be... its my favorite mod thus far.... im comfortable when driving again!!!
If you think that's good, you should pick up a Zeta Dead Pedal if you haven't gotten one yet.

Old 01-01-2012, 07:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hootie
Sprayed the Grand Finale on. The Fit looks friggin' sweeeet... till you get up close and see all the dag-gum rock chips. This wash/wax job definitely hides them really well though.
lets see pix!!

If you think that's good, you should pick up a Zeta Dead Pedal if you haven't gotten one yet.
i dont have one of those yet... but its on the list.....

Old 01-01-2012, 08:10 PM
5 Year Member
lets see pix!!
Maybe tonight or tomorrow after work. I'll be setting off for a local meet tonight.

i dont have one of those yet... but its on the list.....
Awesome, you won't regret it. I will warn you though, it can be a royal bitch to install if your a bigger/tall person. I'm 6'1, scrawny as hell, and had to lay both front seats flat and lay upside down in the driver's foot well to tighten the bolts.

Old 01-01-2012, 08:40 PM
5 Year Member
Changed the air filter today, tomorrow will be new spark plugs and figure out which coil pack I need to replace and maybe wash it...child permitting

Old 01-01-2012, 08:57 PM
5 Year Member
Plugs? How many miles you have on those? Also what type of plus is in the GD fit anyone know? Prob just a reg. NGK huh.

Old 01-01-2012, 11:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Gigarange
Changed the air filter today, tomorrow will be new spark plugs and figure out which coil pack I need to replace and maybe wash it...child permitting
if you're going through the trouble of changing a coilpack, might as well replace the rest of them. they are bound to need replacement soon

Old 01-02-2012, 12:31 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by solbrothers
if you're going through the trouble of changing a coilpack, might as well replace the rest of them. they are bound to need replacement soon
Unfortunately...unlike some...I sometimes can not afford to be replacing things that are not yet broken.

Old 01-02-2012, 07:41 PM
Super Moderator
im sure you've been asked this before, if so i appologize, but what floor mats you got in there???
I got them from a group buy on here. the guys name was speedstar-racing808

Old 01-02-2012, 09:52 PM
5 Year Member
Nice!

installed arm rest today!
Looks good and comfortable in there Billboard! Nice job myman
Big Mike

Old 01-02-2012, 10:03 PM
5 Year Member
lets see pix!!
Here's a pic. Slightly dusty from work but meh.

Note to self: Save for lip kit and new wheels/tires.

DSC_8033.jpg?t=1325559515

Also finally snagged a pic of my Pioneer head unit! Its a AVIC-X930BT and its been in for roughly a month now. Its still not "all the way in" now, have to put 3 screws in but I'm too lazy at the moment.

DSC_8034.jpg?t=1325559520

Old 01-03-2012, 03:00 AM
5 Year Member
Prepped for pulling the exhaust so I can spend some time working on it. I also pulled a few brackets so I can powder coat them in a few days.

Old 01-04-2012, 02:00 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Gigarange
Unfortunately...unlike some...I sometimes can not afford to be replacing things that are not yet broken.
I just went through that. Changed with one guess. The pack was completely gone so I could just unplug along the line (between starts) to see which one didn't cause the engine to be any worse, then moved that coil to another cylinder to double check. I too could not afford to buy more than one, haha!

Old 01-04-2012, 09:06 AM
The FNG....

Sup guys and gals! New to the forum, pick up an '08 silver FIT base last April. Diggin the ride though it's much different than my Lexus, have quite a few things I want to do to it and then eventually have it for my sons first car. Haven't done much yet but this year I will be able to pour some money into it and get out to some meets if there are any in or near Houston. So far all I have done is K&N drop in filter (full intake soon), and magnaflow exhuast with custom tip. Oh, and removed those god forsaken hubcaps! Wheels will probably be the last thing on the list after the intake, header, suspension and other bits and bobs. Been reading some reviews on headers and they seem to be hit or miss on FITment (see what I did there?). Any solid recommendations would be appreciated. Here's a simple pic. Nevermind, don't see where I can manage attatchements from my computer so maybe I don't have that privilage yet.

Old 01-04-2012, 09:26 AM

i see a TX plate...what part you from?
Originally Posted by 7cain
Sup guys and gals! New to the forum, pick up an '08 silver FIT base last April. Diggin the ride though it's much different than my Lexus, have quite a few things I want to do to it and then eventually have it for my sons first car. Haven't done much yet but this year I will be able to pour some money into it and get out to some meets if there are any in or near Houston. So far all I have done is K&N drop in filter (full intake soon), and magnaflow exhuast with custom tip. Oh, and removed those god forsaken hubcaps! Wheels will probably be the last thing on the list after the intake, header, suspension and other bits and bobs. Been reading some reviews on headers and they seem to be hit or miss on FITment (see what I did there?). Any solid recommendations would be appreciated. Here's a simple pic. Nevermind, don't see where I can manage attatchements from my computer so maybe I don't have that privilage yet.
hit up j-crimson. he just did a k-swap and has several parts for sale including his entire motor (L15). Im not sure what has already been spoken for with certainty but hit him up cuz i think he still has quite a bit and he wont rip you off.

Old 01-04-2012, 09:54 AM
Originally Posted by dled1286

hit up j-crimson. he just did a k-swap and has several parts for sale including his entire motor (L15). Im not sure what has already been spoken for with certainty but hit him up cuz i think he still has quite a bit and he wont rip you off.
I'm out in Katy area. Thanks for the info, might send him a pm to see what he has left, I don't usually buy used parts but for this car I was toying with the notion of keeping on a budget. I've been known to go a little overboard on my projects and don't wan't this one to get too crazy, just subtle, clean, almost sleeperlike,... until you pop the hood.

BTW that is not my car, I haven't uploaded a pic yet. I don't see any way to upload an image from my computer, do I have to host it from somewhere like photobucket?

Last edited by 7cain; 01-04-2012 at 10:00 AM. Reason: because I wanted to
Old 01-04-2012, 10:21 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dled1286

+2

Quick Reply: What did you do to the GD Fit today?