1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

What did you do to the GD Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 05:38 AM
5 Year Member
I don't recall ever seeing but the one NSX and it was over 11 years ago.. It was really an impressive looking car... I don't think I have ridden in more than three Corvettes with a 62 FI model with wide ratio gear box and 308:1 rear end being the most impressive closely followed by a mid 60s Stingray that was probably a much faster car but it was just after my vacation in Vietnam and my adrenaline threshold was altered somewhat... The other was an early 70s model with a smog control laden engine and automatic transmission. My Diesel powered VW Rabbit was much more exciting.. It looked good and I could have gotten it for less than 4K but I was already sold on buying a Harley.... With grandkids in Fort Worth and Dallas I am going to need a larger and more comfortable car that gets decent highway mileage... To me that means a clean 2nd hand Caddy, preferably with a Northstar V8 if there is one anywhere that doesn't have overheating problems or blown head gaskets.... A clean Volvo or even a Subaru is appealing and even without boost... The coil overs are a bit stiff and the exhaust noise would freak out little kids if I was to ever take them anywhere, plus it wears on me after an hour or two of continuous 70 to 90 MPH highway driving. It is actually quieter at 90 than between 60 and 80.. The dog just hunkers down in his crate and tries to cover his ears with his paws when he is in the Fit but otherwise he doesn't complain except to growl at me and roll over on his back when he sees me put the crate in the back of the car... I think the strong odor of unburned fuel from the exhaust has a calming effect on him.... I just hope I can find a decent used ride in a few months that I can afford to pay cash for.

Old 12-22-2011, 08:16 AM
To be completely honest, i wouldn't have a corvette for a few reasons. I dont like that fact that the rear panel is a big, flimsy, flappy chunk of fiber...it just SHOULDN'T bow like it does. Second, i have seen too many interior panels that fall off or are just made from such cheap materials you feel like your in a plastic factory. I think the motor and transmissions in the corvettes are rock solid and the suspension as well, but to me, and especially where i live, corvettes are a dime a dozen...every middle aged "good ol' boy" having a mid life crisis with some $ has one. And I grew up with muscle. In my opinion, if i was to have a 'vette, it would be and old shark body stingray...fully restored in a factory pearl white.

Now the NSX, reason i like it so much is 1, exclusivity, not many people have them. Second, its a Honda. Im partial to Honda just because i think they have made some of the most rock solid tuner cars ever (save things like the EVO, 240SX/Silvia and Skyline GT-R). Now with the M3, its not in the same league power wise but it IS a German engineered piece of automotive glory. The quality of everything on that car is superb, and considering its a "saloon" car it handles like not many other things do on a track from the factory.

The GT-R...if your arguing AGAINST the GT-R, you might wanna do more looking. Faster than most other cars until you get up to things like the Aventador, Veyron, Pagani Zonda-R, etc. For 120k (that's the car and AMS Alpha9 pkg) you can have a car as fast or faster from 0-130mph as a Veyron. The GT-R is a TRUE super car and if you know what your doing, a GT-R can hug a road better than the asphalt itself...but this is from the research I've done on them. I just wouldn't have a 'vette unless someone gave it to me...just cant justify the money for a piece of plastic with a monster motor in it.

Last edited by dled1286; 12-22-2011 at 08:18 AM.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:08 AM
5 Year Member
i drove my fit to work today, what did you do?

Old 12-22-2011, 10:39 AM
Originally Posted by pearl
i drove my fit to work today, what did you do?
drive my fit to work everyday...which makes me sad. Especially in the rain. She is so filthy...must clean here when it stops raining...gotta change the oil this coming week tho...WOOT!

Old 12-22-2011, 11:28 AM
Originally Posted by ninnel22
hi, learning a new language can add a new dimension to your career. Learn language online with native tutor. However, it is you who can decide better. If you wish you can have a look.

newb spam! The communists are invading!

Old 12-22-2011, 06:11 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
I have put like 5 miles on my fit in the past 3 weeks.. Been biking to work and around town everyday.

Old 12-22-2011, 07:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dled1286
meh...interior panels fall apart at speed...think top gear ZR-1 review. And it has a flimsy fiberglass body...i want quality EVERYWHERE and an American car WILL NOT deliver that quality in every aspect. NSX might be slower but i would rather throw money on it than a Z06...DA POWA OF DREEMS!

A little eye candy/ inspiration I found you for your FG/FA dreams.

Wood Plow

Old 12-22-2011, 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by JCrimson
A little eye candy/ inspiration I found you for your FG/FA dreams.

Wood Plow

Old 12-24-2011, 10:01 AM
5 Year Member
Finally installed TWP's Racing ETC in the Fit. Took about 15-20 minutes connecting it and routing/zip-tieing the wires. Just have to calibrate it now.

Old 12-24-2011, 02:01 PM
5 Year Member
Calibrated the ETC and tinkered with it a bit. Going from normal to SP3 was a nice little difference, just enough to get rid of that slight lag I never cared for (I prefer BMW's DBW system still). Using SP6 is pretty much perfect! Not too sensitive, not too lazy; just a slight move of the throttle and I'm scooting away.

Old 12-26-2011, 12:30 PM
5 Year Member
I have the older ECT that had less settings with SP-6 being the quickest..I liked using it on that setting until I installed the high boost kit... I now like the EC mode settings the best because it really does help save money on both fuel and front tires. I plan on getting one of the new ones pretty soon because they have a larger selection of settings and are smaller.+

Old 12-26-2011, 01:01 PM
Correction:

Old model had SP 1-7, nor and EC 1-5.

New ones are SP 1-9, nor and EC 1-7
That one little tweak can make a big difference.

But I usually drive mine in EC7. Compensates for my heavy foot (don't like seeing the "blues-&-twos" in the mirror) and helps improve fuel economy for my daily commute to work. If I'm getting irritated with traffic or just feel a bit uppity, I throw it into SP mode. I have it set to SP9, but I really don't use it much and most of the time when I have it on, I don't have to work about a spastic throttle since I'm already moving, and usually at 45-50+.

Last edited by dled1286; 12-26-2011 at 01:08 PM.
Old 12-26-2011, 01:39 PM
5 Year Member
Washed her saturday after a camping trip. she was dirrrty!

now i need rear tires... or new rims with tires!

Old 12-26-2011, 03:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dled1286
Correction:

Old model had SP 1-7, nor and EC 1-5.

New ones are SP 1-9, nor and EC 1-7
That one little tweak can make a big difference. D
Yeah SP-7 is the quickest.... I haven't used mine in awhile...

Old 12-26-2011, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
Yeah SP-7 is the quickest.... I haven't used mine in awhile...
lol...figured so. You should use it with that SC tho...no point in having boost if your restricting it behind a throttle plate...

Old 12-26-2011, 05:57 PM
5 Year Member
SP-8/9 are almost entirely unusable anways.

Old 12-26-2011, 07:52 PM
5 Year Member
With the high boost setup the SP mode opens to fast to take of from a stop without lighting up the front tires... It isn't bad when the weather is hot and you work at being very light on the throttle but when it is below 70 degrees it is about impossible except on fresh asphalt.

Old 12-26-2011, 07:59 PM
5 Year Member
I need to get one, It sounds very cool. I wonder if it works for a Civic.

Old 12-26-2011, 08:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SilverBullet
I need to get one, It sounds very cool. I wonder if it works for a Civic.
I think you'd like it a whole bunch.... It works to improve performance by opening the throttle very quickly or opening very slowly improves fuel mileage numbers...I think Pansen can set you up with wiring for a different car if you get something else with DBW throttle.

Old 12-26-2011, 08:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
I think you'd like it a whole bunch.... It works to improve performance by opening the throttle very quickly or opening very slowly improves fuel mileage numbers...I think Pansen can set you up with wiring for a different car if you get something else with DBW throttle.
Thank You, I will look in to it. KA is having good results in sport mode and its all about gas mileage to me. Since any car I will get now or in the future its going to have a electric throttle body it should work, and it would be a good investment too.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the GD Fit today?