1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

What did you do to the GD Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 10:43 AM
5 Year Member
i went to the carshow at san tan honda in az and had a great time. picked up a couple of trophies. first place in the unlimited class and beat san tan subarus first place unlimited winner for he head to head challenge. i got 2 trophies and for a month and a half worth of work i couldnt have been happier.

san tan carshow - AZHT.net
link to the even coverage. see if u can pick out the fit that won. i think it was the only one there.
ill post of pics later of the door panels and trunk so u can see the whole package as well.

Old 11-14-2011, 07:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dled1286
Every time i see some big dually diesel truck fly by me throwing out fumes i wonder why the state doesnt do anything. Here there are no emissions tests (yet) *knock on wood* but in my opinion you shouldnt be allowed to do that on trucks that arent used as mass transport i.e. - semi's. I mean diesel trains dont even pollute that much.
Unfortunately, even if your county was an emission county like mine diesels would still be exempt from emissions testing and would only require safety only testing. Only gasoline powered passenger vehicles and postal trucks would be emissions tested. I know this because I'm a licensed vehicle inspector here in Texas. On the other hand, diesels are now running on "ultra low sulfur fuel" and some of the newer models such as the 6.7 B20 Powerstroke powered Ford's have Urea which some how is introduced to the engine/exhaust/whatever and "delutes" the exhaust fumes.

Old 11-15-2011, 05:20 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Previc93
i got 2 trophies and for a month and a half worth of work i couldnt have been happier.
Cool! Congrats! So who gets the big one and who gets the little one? Big one should probably go to the wife eh? for that car-show paint job

Old 11-15-2011, 07:55 AM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up Great Show Previc

O my gosh that is 1 sick paint job! Gloss is unreal! Tell ur painter good work

Man I got that EF hatch and all the shots of the hatches are a nice reference! Thanks

Show reminded me of the ECHS in Richmond ,VA w/ all the cars there in 1 place but the location u had there was top shelf.

Name:  IMAG0097.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  101.5 KB

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 11-15-2011 at 08:41 AM.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:47 AM
Originally Posted by Hootie
Unfortunately, even if your county was an emission county like mine diesels would still be exempt from emissions testing and would only require safety only testing. Only gasoline powered passenger vehicles and postal trucks would be emissions tested. I know this because I'm a licensed vehicle inspector here in Texas. On the other hand, diesels are now running on "ultra low sulfur fuel" and some of the newer models such as the 6.7 B20 Powerstroke powered Ford's have Urea which some how is introduced to the engine/exhaust/whatever and "delutes" the exhaust fumes.
BAHAHAHA!!! THEY DUMPIN PEE INTO THE ENGINES!! Ok ok, just had to do that. But i really dont know how some of these trucks even pass safety tests...theres only a certain amount of lifting you can do before you truck becomes hazardous to you and the other motorists around you...and steel piping for bumbers? Nah, that wont rip thru an aluminum shelled car and kill the occupant...

Old 11-15-2011, 08:53 AM
Originally Posted by Perrenoud Fit
O my gosh that is 1 sick paint job! Gloss is unreal! Tell ur wife good work

Man I got that EF hatch and all the shots of the hatches are a nice reference! Thanks

Show reminded me of the ECHS in Richmond ,VA w/ all the cars there in 1 place but the location u had there was top shelf.

Fixed and DAAAAAAAMMMMM!!!!! I wouldnt be seen driving a pink fit...but that is still SICK!!!

Old 11-15-2011, 10:24 AM
Originally Posted by Hootie
On the other hand, diesels are now running on "ultra low sulfur fuel" and some of the newer models such as the 6.7 B20 Powerstroke powered Ford's have Urea which some how is introduced to the engine/exhaust/whatever and "delutes" the exhaust fumes.
If I had time I'd photoshop a picture of a monkey peeing into an exhaust manifold.

Old 11-15-2011, 11:07 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Subie
Cool! Congrats! So who gets the big one and who gets the little one? Big one should probably go to the wife eh? for that car-show paint job
they are both the same size... bout a 1 1/2 feet tall. she did do an awesome job on the paint but wasnt just her that won the show. actually her part was the easiest. my bro did all the fiberglassing of the doors and sub box, and also did the stereo. i did all of the upholstery and engine and suspension work. i took the engine and everthing out, brake lines, harnesses, etc... for my wife to spray the bay. it was all castos creations.

Originally Posted by Perrenoud Fit
O my gosh that is 1 sick paint job! Gloss is unreal! Tell ur painter good work

ya a lot of the cars that show up to eibach in cali every year were all at the show. it was a great turn out. i didnt expect to win. i mostly did it to gain attention and show people the work we could do.

Originally Posted by dled1286
Fixed and DAAAAAAAMMMMM!!!!! I wouldnt be seen driving a pink fit...but that is still SICK!!!
thanks. it is daily driven by me. i picked a color that i was able to paint match very easy in case of rock chips or door dings or anything else that needed touching up. thats why i didnt do anything super custom like air brushing or even a candy color.

Old 11-15-2011, 11:22 AM
thanks. it is daily driven by me. i picked a color that i was able to paint match very easy in case of rock chips or door dings or anything else that needed touching up. thats why i didnt do anything super custom like air brushing or even a candy color.
i hear that. I would feel bad daily driving it bc of the quality of work that it is...i would cry, turn into the hulk, cry again and then curb stomp whoever dinged my car if it looked that good.

Old 11-15-2011, 11:52 AM
5 Year Member
ill still do that but this way it is easily fixable. i work for a dealership so the mechanics is really easy to get done and my wife works for a dealership collision center so the paint and body will get done quick and easy there too.

i already have 3 chips on my front lip.

Old 11-15-2011, 11:55 AM
ill still do that but this way it is easily fixable. i work for a dealership so the mechanics is really easy to get done and my wife works for a dealership collision center so the paint and body will get done quick and easy there too.

i already have 3 chips on my front lip.
THEY. SHALL. PAY.

Wish i lived in AZ. Hard to find good paint/body ppl here...specially this town. Kinda small and most are cheap and dont even prep panels for paint like they should and it all flakes off.

Old 11-15-2011, 12:06 PM
5 Year Member
So these are the cars i parked next to. the blue si is a certified spoon civic and the green one next to me is super jdm'ed out. mugen everything.

close front shot. can see the weapon r intake manifold and also painted inside bumper where fog lights are and the intercooler mounts painted black to darken the look up.

fiberglassed rear sub box and mtx elite 1004 and mtx elite 1501d mounted to the js racing rear x bars.

front door panels. mtx high end component and an mtx mid base driver in each front door.

center caps for the enkei rpf1

here are what the trophies look like.

Thanks for all of the love guys.

Old 11-15-2011, 12:11 PM
5 Year Member
Way to go Previc!!! Very nice! Thanks for the posts!

Old 11-15-2011, 01:10 PM
5 Year Member
Way to go Previc!!! Very nice! Thanks for the posts!
most of the people there were about the jdm thing so they didnt get many pics of the stereo which is probably what helped me win. i was the only one playing one and the crowd was saying that they couldnt here the dj cause i was louder. lol

Old 11-15-2011, 02:03 PM
Originally Posted by previc93
most of the people there were about the jdm thing so they didnt get many pics of the stereo which is probably what helped me win. I was the only one playing one and the crowd was saying that they couldnt here the dj cause i was louder. Lol

winning!

Old 11-15-2011, 03:01 PM
^^^ditto that^^^

Old 11-15-2011, 03:31 PM
5 Year Member

Old 11-15-2011, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by JCrimson
considering what this means...bi-winning!

Old 11-15-2011, 07:40 PM
I think I should get both trophies! not for the little bit if work I did but because he spent my hair dye and make up allowance! And maybe a little for making me paint his car while 8 months pregnant!

But thanks for all the compliments people!

Old 11-15-2011, 10:16 PM
5 Year Member

Thanks for all of the love guys.[/quote]

Originally Posted by LittleFitofAnger
I think I should get both trophies! not for the little bit if work I did but because he spent my hair dye and make up allowance! And maybe a little for making me paint his car while 8 months pregnant!

But thanks for all the compliments people!
My badd for missing this one! Def a head-turner fo sho!
Great car all the way around.

Who should get the trophy? The baby when it's born for having to deal with all this work (thanks mom & dad) when he/she was simply trying to hold out the last few days in peace and comfort..

Quick Reply: What did you do to the GD Fit today?