1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

What did you do to the GD Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 04:48 PM
Super Moderator
worked 11 hours Sat then had a photoshoot from 4pm-8pm went home and slept until 10:30pm then went back to work and worked 10.5 hours. It was totally worth it though, here is a sneek peak at one pic he posted.

Old 11-06-2011, 07:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Perrenoud Fit
Did you spray them w/ the tire on? if so what did ya use on the rubber? Clean edge, Nice job and if B can't tell if they're the real deal they're either the deal or a really good K.O.
yeah i sprayed the rims with tire still on, used a deck of cards to protect the rubber..... works awesome... They are pretty good reps i guess, i dont know much about Konig quality...
like this (this pic is from when i painted the rims on my element)
Name:  DSC_0001-2.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  43.7 KB

Old 11-06-2011, 07:22 PM
5 Year Member
Konigs are known for being quite soft. They're close reps though.

Old 11-07-2011, 01:23 AM
5 Year Member
Adjusted my stiffy today.

Old 11-07-2011, 08:45 AM
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
I went to Wal-Mart to have some used tires mounted on some spare wheels. When I saw the tires in day light I decided to have 205-50-16" Goodyear Authority tires mounted on the wheels.. They are the same thing as Goodyear GT high performance all season V rated tires. My car has never had a quieter more comfortable ride, off line traction and wallowed as much when executing quick maneuvers... The offset on the wheels is causing all kinds of scraping of the tires on the inside of the fenders.... The flush fit, stance crowd would love the look...... The redneck boys and girls around here are smart enough to see that not having enough clearance between the fender well and tire is going to cause problems... I'll have to get some wheels with a more practical offset and lighter weight to put these tires on. In the mean time I'll have chunkylover roll the fender wells... The tires are very nice for someone that wants a civilized ride,long life and good traction... I'll be getting around to installing the coil overs as soon as The big ole redneck kid down the road gets up here... The kid is huge and has a different little girl following him around every time I seem him ... A bunch of them were walking off into the woods last night to check their hog traps....
Instead of wheels I would look at a different tire fitment. J-crim has 15x9 in the front of his fit with a pretty aggressive offset but doesn't rub at all. Its all in the tire fitment. A lot of the tires that shops or Wal-mart will try to sell you have big curb lips (the area that pokes out past the wheel to "protect" the wheel from curb rash) but on cars with aggressive wheel fitments, they are actually a disadvantage. I would also suggest that if you haven't already, do the fender liner relocate. It just pushes them farther into the fender. They still do their job but without chancing rubbing when the car is lowered.

Old 11-07-2011, 08:49 AM
The weather lately hadn't been conducive to washing and since she is my DD, she got all the grime and bugs from the beginning of the autumn weather/insect mating. People were starting to write in the dirt ...so I washed and waxed her this weekend. Shined like glass afterwards...and now I think its gonna rain today. Good thing I have some quick detailer at the house.

Old 11-07-2011, 10:24 PM
I changed the oil in my wife's fit sport (08 manual trans). Easy, and quick, much easier than changing oil in the the Civic Si (2007 Coupe). I enjoy driving the fit sometimes.

Old 11-08-2011, 07:43 PM
I installed my pretty amazing new shift knob....

Old 11-09-2011, 03:23 AM
5 Year Member
Looks good.

Also reminds me of a fetish video I saw once

Anyways...

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 11-09-2011 at 04:07 AM.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:10 AM
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
Looks good.

Also reminds me of a fetish video I saw once

Anyways...

so anyways...

Old 11-10-2011, 02:39 PM
5 Year Member
installed my sidemarkers that i had since june.

Old 11-10-2011, 02:44 PM
so somebody that lives in Irving left an iPad in Sams Club here in Tyler logged into his email....
Name:  618px-Trollface_HD.png
Views: 134
Size:  69.9 KB

Old 11-11-2011, 09:24 AM
Stop using Homeland Security funds to seize imported vehicles, and change the DOT/EPA exemption to 15 years.

The Department of Homeland Security spends a shockingly disproportionate amount of its budget not on security initiatives, but on customs seizures. In particular, importers of grey-market vehicles have been targeted by monies taxpayers have intended to be used to secure our country against terrorism and terrorist activity. We call upon the Executive Branch to immediately cease this wasteful activity, and furthermore to change the DOT/EPA exemption time on grey-market vehicles from 25 years to 15 years (to match the vehicle regulations of Canada), recognizing that the 25-year rule was enacted due to support from special interests such as Mercedes Benz North America.

https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petition...years/L50BZzwj

Old 11-12-2011, 01:04 AM
5 Year Member
Went over to a friend's house this evening and got a lesson in valve adjustment. Adjusted the intake valves (set to .007 inch) just fine with 1 or sometimes tries but had issues with the exhaust valves (set to .012 inch) due to accessibility. Also put in a new OEM air filter as well.

Only had 47,083 miles on the car when we did the valve adjustments but it was well worth the effort. The engine feels more responsive than before which makes since because I could easily slip a .008 in for the intake (.009 in some) and all of the exhaust valves were too tight. Looking forward to seeing how this will affect my gas mileage.

Old 11-12-2011, 11:36 AM
Originally Posted by sponger
I changed the oil in my wife's fit sport (08 manual trans). Easy, and quick, much easier than changing oil in the the Civic Si (2007 Coupe). I enjoy driving the fit sometimes.
when I saw the notification of your post it made me do a double take. See on xbox my gamertag is Sponger8 because I use to really be into bodyboarding. I dont ever see anyone use that name, so when I saw sponger I forgot what my screen name on FF was and thought my account go hacked. LOL well anyway way off topic but thought I would share

Old 11-12-2011, 11:39 AM
I wonder if the dealership will do the valve adjustment for free since I have hondacare

Old 11-12-2011, 01:39 PM
5 Year Member
^^Not likely, it's a 3.5hr book job. easy money for them.

As for what I did to the FiT:
Vacuum interior
washed the all-season mats
Clean garage so that she will fit once again (winter's coming :brr: )

And installed a Infant car seat (should be useful in the next 10 days or so )

Last edited by Giggles; 11-12-2011 at 03:00 PM. Reason: addition
Old 11-12-2011, 02:44 PM
5 Year Member
Holy Crap!!
/Rant
Two diesel trucks have been parked outside my store front for a 1/2 hour...RUNNING!!!!
While this is a waste of fuel and the owners are stupid and i'm glad their paying for it, it's killing the environment.
Where I live we have "AirCare" (emissions control). But it's a joke; the Government has set it up so that vehicles that wouldn't pass are exempted (e.g. diesel trucks). But cars like my 1.5L fuel efficient are forced to pay yearly to have the OBII port hooked up to see if there are codes. Even if there were codes the pollutants my fit is able to make are fractions of what that diesel truck just left behind.
Government, if you are going to set up a money grab, at least take money from the people your false business is trying to control.
Well the trucks are gone now.
Rant/

Old 11-14-2011, 09:14 AM
Originally Posted by Giggles
Holy Crap!!
/Rant
Two diesel trucks have been parked outside my store front for a 1/2 hour...RUNNING!!!!
While this is a waste of fuel and the owners are stupid and i'm glad their paying for it, it's killing the environment.
Where I live we have "AirCare" (emissions control). But it's a joke; the Government has set it up so that vehicles that wouldn't pass are exempted (e.g. diesel trucks). But cars like my 1.5L fuel efficient are forced to pay yearly to have the OBII port hooked up to see if there are codes. Even if there were codes the pollutants my fit is able to make are fractions of what that diesel truck just left behind.
Government, if you are going to set up a money grab, at least take money from the people your false business is trying to control.
Well the trucks are gone now.
Rant/
Every time i see some big dually diesel truck fly by me throwing out fumes i wonder why the state doesnt do anything. Here there are no emissions tests (yet) *knock on wood* but in my opinion you shouldnt be allowed to do that on trucks that arent used as mass transport i.e. - semi's. I mean diesel trains dont even pollute that much.

Old 11-14-2011, 10:14 AM
5 Year Member
After owning my Fit for almost 3 years, I finally installed the OEM front lip w/ the help of GF. Didn't buy the hardware that your supposed to use, I went to Lowe's instead and picked up some hardware from the automotive drawers.

The hardware wasn't perfect match for the 5 bolts that attach lip to inside of bumper. The bolts were a little longer and were pushing up against the inside of the lip. Tighten too much and I would have gone right through the lip. I had to find buffers that would take up space like bigger size nuts or stacking up some washers. The 4 screws that attach the lip to the fender area were straight forward and very easy. Hardest part was getting the lower bumper covers all lined up again.

Now I have too get a nice clean wash because the lips fresh paint shows against the older paint but its better than having no lip at all.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the GD Fit today?