1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

What did you do to the GD Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by Wes2theG
I can't imagine sandbags in the trunk of a front wheel drive car would help any. Maybe if it was AWD or rear!
True, the weight only helps on RWD or AWD, but you can also cut one open and dump it around your wheels. I think they sell big bags of salt for the same usage, too.

Old 10-21-2011, 11:16 PM
Originally Posted by W.Crispy
P.S. I didn't know what to think about the hood bug deflector, but after seeing it on yours, I think it's pretty sweet! What model is that? Erm, or is it a hood bra? Hard to see in the picture.
It's a hood deflector, you can get it on Zeta : Honda Fit Hood Deflector

I'd say about 60% less bugs on my hood.

Old 10-22-2011, 01:11 AM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Had to park my baby on a public lot today as we are moving into a new building. Up until now I have been able to park on a lot where there were hardly any people but that has now changed. So far I haven't had any door dings but I am just waiting cuz I know they are coming. I don't know how I will react when it does because the MR is my baby and I know it will bum me out. It is officially retired from car shows but I still want it to look nice and clean. Ugh! Wish I could afford an old beater and leave it parked in the safety of its garage.

Old 10-22-2011, 02:14 AM
5 Year Member
Powder coated a few more parts on mine. Battery tray and assorted hardware.

Also purchased a few parts for it off of a fellow member.

Air Filter
Zeta Dead Pedal
PW JDM CF Manifold Cover

Old 10-22-2011, 06:35 AM
5 Year Member
Sent a pay pal payment to Bean Garage for Buddy Club Coil Overs.. It is a group buy and the price is pretty decent..

Old 10-22-2011, 08:39 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Cat
Had to park my baby on a public lot today as we are moving into a new building. Up until now I have been able to park on a lot where there were hardly any people but that has now changed. So far I haven't had any door dings but I am just waiting cuz I know they are coming. I don't know how I will react when it does because the MR is my baby and I know it will bum me out. It is officially retired from car shows but I still want it to look nice and clean. Ugh! Wish I could afford an old beater and leave it parked in the safety of its garage.
I have only one or two door dings and no big scratches and I have been DD my fit for 4 years and using the car for my job, it's been in alot of grocery store parking lots. If you park smart you can minimize them but unfortantly they will happen

Old 10-22-2011, 09:45 AM
Originally Posted by MNfit
I have only one or two door dings and no big scratches and I have been DD my fit for 4 years and using the car for my job, it's been in alot of grocery store parking lots. If you park smart you can minimize them but unfortantly they will happen
Dry Ice took care of my hail damage.
125k - Synthetic transmission flush and change, new rotors and pads, replaced 3rd coil pack. No more stutters

Old 10-22-2011, 12:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
Sent a pay pal payment to Bean Garage for Buddy Club Coil Overs.. It is a group buy and the price is pretty decent..
Nice! What are you going to do with your springs!?

Old 10-22-2011, 03:21 PM
5 Year Member
Parking lot battle scars

Originally Posted by Cat
Had to park my baby on a public lot today as we are moving into a new building. Up until now I have been able to park on a lot where there were hardly any people but that has now changed. So far I haven't had any door dings but I am just waiting cuz I know they are coming. I don't know how I will react when it does because the MR is my baby and I know it will bum me out. It is officially retired from car shows but I still want it to look nice and clean. Ugh!
Mine is not a show car like yours Cat. But battle scars all the same. Here's what I got from the parking lot. Not even an "Oops sorry" note. I'm sure its a bumper kiss either pulling out or coming in. Oh well...
Name:  IMG-20111022-00037.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  77.4 KB

Old 10-22-2011, 09:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Cat
Two words: Side molding.

07 + Honda Fit Body Side Molding

07 + Honda Fit Wide Body Side Molding

These are pretty nice to have, we have a set (OEM set though) on our Ridgeline and they come quite in handy for those careless people swinging doors open in parking lots.

Old 10-22-2011, 10:59 PM
hi folks, me i upgraded my power steering assembly and eps module into a higher model, the problem is, i can not access it through my honda scan tool. any idea guys? check every wiring i made and everything are correct.

Old 10-22-2011, 11:13 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Giggles
Just a sneak peek at the next project:
Js racing front lip? Or replica? Either way it will look sick. I have a js lip on mine I love it.

Old 10-22-2011, 11:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Happy__Fit
Past:

looked like sausages lol

Present:

insulators for my Low Pressure AC Duct
would you say that this helped keep your ac cooler or was the difference negligible

Old 10-23-2011, 05:29 AM

just put on my visors today. man what a bitch it was to take off the previous tape and installing because of the clips

Old 10-24-2011, 05:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Previc93
Js racing front lip? Or replica? Either way it will look sick. I have a js lip on mine I love it.
It a replica, but it looks great. Also, pit in some 8000K HIDs and I changed the fog light bezels to Black.

Old 10-24-2011, 10:38 PM
I scheduled an appointment at the dealership tomorrow to talk to a guy about my gear synchonizers. 2nd is pissing me off lately, and I want to remedy it with the stock shifter in so they can't dismiss the blame onto me. Plus if I put a short throw kit on I can only imagine how amplified the grinding will get.

Old 10-24-2011, 10:44 PM
ordered a set of yellow bulbs for the front turn signals. ill post pics when they get in

Old 10-25-2011, 08:58 AM
5 Year Member
Blew off my oil plug and chilling on I-4 with about 3 quarts of oil underneath my car. Either it's just the plug or I'm screwed...

Old 10-25-2011, 09:33 AM
Originally Posted by krakhed
Blew off my oil plug and chilling on I-4 with about 3 quarts of oil underneath my car. Either it's just the plug or I'm screwed...
DUDE!!! Sorry to hear it. I just hope that you stopped in time. it would suck if you were rollin for a while with no oil.

Old 10-25-2011, 09:41 AM
5 Year Member
Still waiting on the tow truck, but yea I hope so too. Literally heard a metallic 'ping' and did a WTF and noticed blue smoke all over the back. Stuck it in neutral and slammed over to the left shoulder. I will say my fellow travelers got as far away as they could, as soon as they could, so that was nice.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the GD Fit today?